Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shipment 1 packs lost forever?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Shipment 1 packs lost forever?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

branmakmuffin
06.10.2013 , 11:12 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by OldRepJedi View Post
So knowing the Shipment 1 packs are going away I decided to try my hand (and my wallet) on hypercrates. Biggest ripoff ever. I have a ton of companion gifts and even most of the purple weopons from the Blockade Runners pack. Some Cyan crystals also. That was the extent of 4 hypercrates. You would thing out of 96 packs that one would drop Revan's Mask. But no. I get partial sets of Perceptors and Shadow armor. Didn't even get full sets out of all of them. I know the Tythonian lightsaber and Revan's mask are super rare, but really after 96 packs you would think that I would get one of those. Almost 100 packs and not the items I was really hoping for. Especially since Revan's mask is awol on the GTN lately at least on Bergeren Colony. So, I know I could probably sell some of these items for a nice profit but the whole point of blowing my entertainment budget for the month is to try and get what I wanted. Oh well. Live and learn.
You probably could sell all that junk for near enough to buy a Revan's mask. It will take time to sell it all, though. The point is everything sells if it's priced low enough, even covert torso energy armor.

WarGame
06.10.2013 , 12:38 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Antissa View Post
I am currently in this mode where I am addicted to get all the cartel packs.

It says in the cartel coins purchase thing that on June 11 shipment 1 packs will be temporarely gone.

What does this mean? Why? How long? Will the packs be gone and I will no longer be able to get those items?
The why is so they can drum up interest in these older items now and boost sales, as they are about to become scarce for players. It will also likely help sales of their newer market releases as there will be less variety for pack buyers. The removal will also likely help their sales when they rerelease these products.

My guess would be 3-6 months, I would specifically guess right around black friday.

It will mean for a time the only way you will be able to buy these items is if people have been holding onto them, but honestly I'd be absolutely shocked if they don't bring these packs back within the next year.

Some items you will be able to get still I think

Altheran
06.10.2013 , 01:08 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
... you (or someone on the forum) would do a /virtual_burn_at_the_stake on him... wouldn't you?
Well yes, but only because Eric is a vampire.
While I don't doubt about the efficiency of the "modus operandi", I don't recall of this as way of killing vampires...
but rather as way to kill witches and heretics during inquisition.

I recall of killing vampires by piercing their heart with a stake, so maybe a little confusion here.
Sorry to ruin the joke.

AbsolutGrndZero
06.10.2013 , 01:40 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by OldRepJedi View Post
So knowing the Shipment 1 packs are going away I decided to try my hand (and my wallet) on hypercrates. Biggest ripoff ever. I have a ton of companion gifts and even most of the purple weopons from the Blockade Runners pack. Some Cyan crystals also. That was the extent of 4 hypercrates. You would thing out of 96 packs that one would drop Revan's Mask. But no. I get partial sets of Perceptors and Shadow armor. Didn't even get full sets out of all of them. I know the Tythonian lightsaber and Revan's mask are super rare, but really after 96 packs you would think that I would get one of those. Almost 100 packs and not the items I was really hoping for. Especially since Revan's mask is awol on the GTN lately at least on Bergeren Colony. So, I know I could probably sell some of these items for a nice profit but the whole point of blowing my entertainment budget for the month is to try and get what I wanted. Oh well. Live and learn.
Though I've never bought a hypercrate, I probably have bought at least one equivalent since the cartel launch, so I kind of know your pain... but that's the pitfalls of a random number generator.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

AbsolutGrndZero
06.10.2013 , 01:43 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
While I don't doubt about the efficiency of the "modus operandi", I don't recall of this as way of killing vampires...
but rather as way to kill witches and heretics during inquisition.

I recall of killing vampires by piercing their heart with a stake, so maybe a little confusion here.
Sorry to ruin the joke.
No, the stake just paralyzes them. But fire works great, if you can get them to stand still long enough and not run screaming to the nearest lake. Hence the need for the stake.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger

Altheran
06.10.2013 , 02:45 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
No, the stake just paralyzes them. But fire works great, if you can get them to stand still long enough and not run screaming to the nearest lake. Hence the need for the stake.
Like I said, I do not doubt about fire efficiency. (I don't think there are many myth creatures and monsters that are resilient to fire)

So just by curiosity I checked the vampire entry on wiki. Apparently, according to myths, both (fire or stake in the heart) are said to be efficient ways of killing them.

As a conclusion : I ruined the joke.

Davalimar
06.10.2013 , 03:20 PM | #27
Are the packs still being removed tomorrow with 2.2 delayed?

And should I keep spending money on trying to get the Ambassador's Meditation Hoverchair? -_- Already been spamming trade on both sides for almost a week now, spent $80 trying the packs to get nothing but junky mounts and things that no one will ever pay more than 10k for on the GTN. I feel like it's pretty hopeless that I'll ever get one anymore...

AbsolutGrndZero
06.10.2013 , 03:35 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Davalimar View Post
Are the packs still being removed tomorrow with 2.2 delayed?

And should I keep spending money on trying to get the Ambassador's Meditation Hoverchair? -_- Already been spamming trade on both sides for almost a week now, spent $80 trying the packs to get nothing but junky mounts and things that no one will ever pay more than 10k for on the GTN. I feel like it's pretty hopeless that I'll ever get one anymore...
I wanted a hedonist speeder, so just went and did dailys on like 4 characters, then pooled the money and got one on the GTN.. much easier and cheaper than the gamble.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger

Davalimar
06.10.2013 , 03:47 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
I wanted a hedonist speeder, so just went and did dailys on like 4 characters, then pooled the money and got one on the GTN.. much easier and cheaper than the gamble.
If I could do that, I would. But like I said, been spamming both trade chats for almost a week and only got one response from someone who said they'd think about it, added as friends, and yet never logged in again. Checked on a different server even, can't find one there either. I'm guessing no one buys the Skip pack since it has the worst collection of other items (at least in my opinion).

AbsolutGrndZero
06.10.2013 , 03:52 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Davalimar View Post
If I could do that, I would. But like I said, been spamming both trade chats for almost a week and only got one response from someone who said they'd think about it, added as friends, and yet never logged in again. Checked on a different server even, can't find one there either. I'm guessing no one buys the Skip pack since it has the worst collection of other items (at least in my opinion).
Ah, that sucks... There's none on the GTN?
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger