Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enough with the skimpy gear already.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Enough with the skimpy gear already.

HaoZhao
12.15.2013 , 12:17 PM | #71
Without the ability to dress up your jedi/sith like a stripper, the RP servers would be ghost towns within a week.

Tsillah
12.15.2013 , 12:49 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by chibiseira View Post
It's me searching for an issue I have and finding a thread already exists so why start my own? Not like it's been fixed in the last 6 months.
That's because there is nothing to fix. People like you just exaggerate because you don't like what others like.

Look at the last cartel pack for example. Why cartel packs? Well because that's where the vast majority of all moddable gear comes from.

So let's look at the opportunist's bounty back: http://dulfy.net/2013/11/12/swtor-op...pack-contents/

Look at it. How much of this is too skimpy? I dare say none of it.

Then let's take the one before it. The Tracker's bounty pack. http://dulfy.net/2013/10/15/swtor-tr...pack-contents/

Look at it. Two dancer outfits and another that you could argue. And 8 that are not.

Honestly, the vast majority of gear that comes out is not skimpy at all. If you think you see too many skimpy outfits around you from other player's characters. Well, then that means that you are in a minority and you don't get to dictate what others can and cannot wear. You don't have that right.

And no, I don't use skimpy outfits much myself. Hardly at all. But the fact is that the vast majority of gear that comes out is not skimpy and therefore you are simply talking nonesense. If you think there's too much of it on the fleet then you simply need to realise that a lot of people will choose that sort of thing even when there are other options.

Sorry but you don't get to impose your morals on others. I think BW has done enough to allow you to dress up the way you want as much as others get their choices. If you are not tolerant of other people's choices in that you shouldn't play an MMO. It's a given that you'll run into a lot of people who don't share your standards, whatever they may be.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...

Tatile
12.15.2013 , 01:07 PM | #73
Dancer and Slave outfits are female-only, mind, hardly fair.

HeatRacer
12.15.2013 , 01:09 PM | #74
You forgot to include the Cybernetic sets; they're so sexy and revealing you can see bare servos! O.o

Tsillah
12.15.2013 , 01:32 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Dancer and Slave outfits are female-only, mind, hardly fair.
Well there is that I suppose. I do wonder what BW has to balance in this entire equation though. I sometimes thing that even though it's not fair they do have to consider certain traditional views as to not to get too much flack. And where do you draw the line.

Sure there are a few people here who would probably like dancer outfits for male characters but before we start throwing around words like prejudice there is the simple reality that they would only put effort in something that would be interesting to enough people. And I honestly don't know but it could be that there aren't that many people who really want dancer outfits for male characters. But if I look at this game 18 months ago and now, there are tons of options there didn't used to be, including bare chested males. The female characters still get a boring bra-like cloth contraption so even though they can wear it, it's not really useful for female characters.

My point is that there are options and the skimpy gear is still a minority and no matter how BW respond to the issue, there will be a thread to complain about it.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...

chibiseira
12.15.2013 , 01:33 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
That's because there is nothing to fix. People like you just exaggerate because you don't like what others like.

Look at the last cartel pack for example. Why cartel packs? Well because that's where the vast majority of all moddable gear comes from.

So let's look at the opportunist's bounty back: http://dulfy.net/2013/11/12/swtor-op...pack-contents/

Look at it. How much of this is too skimpy? I dare say none of it.

Then let's take the one before it. The Tracker's bounty pack. http://dulfy.net/2013/10/15/swtor-tr...pack-contents/

Look at it. Two dancer outfits and another that you could argue. And 8 that are not.

Honestly, the vast majority of gear that comes out is not skimpy at all. If you think you see too many skimpy outfits around you from other player's characters. Well, then that means that you are in a minority and you don't get to dictate what others can and cannot wear. You don't have that right.

And no, I don't use skimpy outfits much myself. Hardly at all. But the fact is that the vast majority of gear that comes out is not skimpy and therefore you are simply talking nonesense. If you think there's too much of it on the fleet then you simply need to realise that a lot of people will choose that sort of thing even when there are other options.

Sorry but you don't get to impose your morals on others. I think BW has done enough to allow you to dress up the way you want as much as others get their choices. If you are not tolerant of other people's choices in that you shouldn't play an MMO. It's a given that you'll run into a lot of people who don't share your standards, whatever they may be.
Aaaaand this is why I should have started my own thread. (And did, elsewhere. Link above.)

I do NOT think there are too many skimpy outfits. They aren't for me, but whatever. I do not think there are too many modest outfits. This has NOTHING to do with morals.

Find one shirt in game with no attachments or necklaces but a V-neck. Aspiring knight is close... but the leg things. Mira's is close (I've heard some say it's ****** wear, but I don't think it's so bad), but it has that necklace. It's a simple request.

(Sorry to continue on the necro thread btw. Just had to answer that. *eyeroll*)

DarthVengeant
12.15.2013 , 01:38 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by GrimAce View Post
Look, I know back early on post release there was an outcry for more 'sexy' gear (for males especially), and it's awesome that you guys are listening to community demands, but enough is enough.

We've gotten to the point where this stuff is seriously oversaturated, and introducing more items of a similar nature - or a different colour - just isn't worth it right now. And on the rare occasion we do get a new model for armor involving even an inch of exposed flesh, it's way too excessive. Where are simple low-cut tops, or v-neck shirts? Maybe even just a tunic with short sleeves, or a halter top look chestpiece instead? We're not all hormonal 13 year olds, but more variety can be done with showing skin then what we've currently got, and in more creative ways that might actually find some circulation in the in-game market. 15 odd pages of dancer's gear pieces should be indicative that we're just not interested in any more of this gear right now - there's no demand for it.
It's simple. If you don't like this "skimpy" gear. Don't buy or wear it. If other people want it and use it, what business is it of yours? You'd rather inflict YOUR esthetic on the rest of the populace? Talk about childish...time to grow up and face the real world where other people like different things than you.

Every new cartel pack has armor for all types of people. Most all the Raid/PVP based armor is NOT "skimpy" at all. So, you are exaggerating greatly. Maybe 8 or so sets of dancers/skimpy gear TOTAL in the game. Your really going off the tracks here buddy.

There is tons of types and styles of armor in this game. Granted, in my opinion 90% of it is ugly, but that is the nature of diversity.

Tsillah
12.15.2013 , 01:39 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by chibiseira View Post
Aaaaand this is why I should have started my own thread. (And did, elsewhere. Link above.)

I do NOT think there are too many skimpy outfits. They aren't for me, but whatever. I do not think there are too many modest outfits. This has NOTHING to do with morals.

Find one shirt in game with no attachments or necklaces but a V-neck. Aspiring knight is close... but the leg things. Mira's is close (I've heard some say it's ****** wear, but I don't think it's so bad), but it has that necklace. It's a simple request.

(Sorry to continue on the necro thread btw. Just had to answer that. *eyeroll*)
Yeh, next time you necro a thread, try to necro a thread that's actually about what you want to post about. The OP and title are clear enough I would think and what you want to talk about is clearly not the same thing.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...

Tatile
12.15.2013 , 01:47 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Well there is that I suppose. I do wonder what BW has to balance in this entire equation though. I sometimes thing that even though it's not fair they do have to consider certain traditional views as to not to get too much flack. And where do you draw the line.
What exactly do you expect to happen?

All I ask is that Bioware removed arbitrary gender restrictions on the current gendered gear - that applies for the single piece of male-only armour we have, as well (which, incidentally, has reskins that female characters can wear.)

"certain traditional views"? You're playing a game that's in space, with non-humans in positions of power, as well as women and people of colour. If anyone was going to be offended by this game, they'd would have done so already and left. In fact, after Makeb dropped, I think some did (or they were banned.)

And prejudice? I've already expanded on this point, multiple times, I will not be drawn into needlessly repeating myself for your amusement.

Tsillah
12.15.2013 , 02:02 PM | #80
What exactly do you expect to happen?

All I ask is that Bioware removed arbitrary gender restrictions on the current gendered gear - that applies for the single piece of male-only armour we have, as well (which, incidentally, has reskins that female characters can wear.)
Oh is that all? You make it sound as if it's nothing. Sadly as we all know it's never that simple. I wish it was but I am realistic enough to realise it isn't that simple. But that aside, it's just something I wonder about because lots of people here are so involved in what they want that they have no concept of what these issues might entail for BW. I don't have the answer to the question but I find it distasteful that you sit on your high horse and just assume the world must change for you, without you taking the slightest interest in what BW's situation is in that. You have your judgements so easily made and yet you are upset that other people have judgements about same gender stuff. That's just being a bad advocate for your own ideals. I personally have absolutely no problem with same gender elements, but I do try to take into account that for BW such issues are not as simple as throwing a switch.

"certain traditional views"? You're playing a game that's in space, with non-humans in positions of power, as well as women and people of colour. If anyone was going to be offended by this game, they'd would have done so already and left. In fact, after Makeb dropped, I think some did (or they were banned.)
Playing a Star Wars game made by George Lucas who never touched same gender stuff and changed episode IV so Greedo shot first out of some moral regret he got at a later age. Of course traditional views are in play. I may not like that but again, it's not realistic to discount traditional views people have since the entire player base ...surprising as it may be to you... but yes the ENTIRE player base are human beings that live on the planet Earth.

And prejudice? I've already expanded on this point, multiple times, I will not be drawn into needlessly repeating myself for your amusement.
This isn't for my amusement. You are rash in your conclusions and I find it disappointing that you judge me so. This has absolutely nothing to do with my amusement. In fact I am one of the people who was always for same gender relationships in this game. I am a male heterosexual but I play female characters and wish I could have romances with female companions.

Don't mistake my lack of blind idealism for being against same gender relationship. I am just saying that it's ok to be a bit more realistic and a bit more understanding towards a company like BW who do, to a degree, have to consider consequences of their choices. People already call Makeb the "gay planet", just because there are some flirt options. It's ridiculous, but that doesn't mean these reactions don't exist.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...