Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enough with the skimpy gear already.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Enough with the skimpy gear already.

Tatanka
06.07.2013 , 01:02 PM | #51
Vanguards running around in bikinis makes me cringe

I think they should add bacta tanks on fleet filled with various bikini and relaxed outfit characters each with severe blaster burns, lacerations, blunt traumas.
Leadership is a matter of intelligence, trustworthiness, humaneness, courage, and discipline...
Vanguard... "I'm on point!"

branmakmuffin
06.07.2013 , 03:09 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
In-game just now, I saw a Commando (huge gun on her back and all) with her Elara companion out, both decked out in the bikinis.

It looks absolutely absurd.

There is no way in this universe that is anything but a teenage kid or a very immature adult.
Probably true, but you can't dictate to others what they find entertaining. Well, you can try, but you'll just end up frustrated.

LrdRahvin
06.07.2013 , 03:26 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Probably true, but you can't dictate to others what they find entertaining. Well, you can try, but you'll just end up frustrated.
Lies!!! All lies, I say! You will like this post and you will like it immediately, if not sooner!

There, I don't feel at all frustrated

SithKoriandr
06.07.2013 , 04:53 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
Vanguards running around in bikinis makes me cringe

I think they should add bacta tanks on fleet filled with various bikini and relaxed outfit characters each with severe blaster burns, lacerations, blunt traumas.
But...smugglers and force users always wear normal clothes! Don't you watch the movies? Only Troopers and Bounty Hunters wore heavy armor, and they always die from one blaster shot!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

LrdRahvin
06.07.2013 , 04:59 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
But...smugglers and force users always wear normal clothes! Don't you watch the movies? Only Troopers and Bounty Hunters wore heavy armor, and they always die from one blaster shot!
Which begs the question...who designed/does the maintenance on all the equipment the heavy armor users from the movies use? 'Cause not only is their armor defective as all heck, their blasters are clearly beyond borked since they never seem to be able to actually hit anything.

Unless it's Han and Luke rescuing Leia while in stormtrooper disguise...funny how that works

swtonewbie
06.07.2013 , 05:21 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by LrdRahvin View Post
Which begs the question...who designed/does the maintenance on all the equipment the heavy armor users from the movies use? 'Cause not only is their armor defective as all heck, their blasters are clearly beyond borked since they never seem to be able to actually hit anything.

Unless it's Han and Luke rescuing Leia while in stormtrooper disguise...funny how that works
You mean the part where they break out Leia in the jail and they arent wearing their helmets? the scene before that when Luke, Han and Chewie (in restraints) are waiting for the elevator (when they have their helmets on) what was it that Luke said to Han as they were getting on the elevator? =O
I'm not really a noob...

RodneyMcNeely
06.07.2013 , 05:26 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by GrimAce View Post
Look, I know back early on post release there was an outcry for more 'sexy' gear (for males especially), and it's awesome that you guys are listening to community demands, but enough is enough.

We've gotten to the point where this stuff is seriously oversaturated, and introducing more items of a similar nature - or a different colour - just isn't worth it right now. And on the rare occasion we do get a new model for armor involving even an inch of exposed flesh, it's way too excessive. Where are simple low-cut tops, or v-neck shirts? Maybe even just a tunic with short sleeves, or a halter top look chestpiece instead? We're not all hormonal 13 year olds, but more variety can be done with showing skin then what we've currently got, and in more creative ways that might actually find some circulation in the in-game market. 15 odd pages of dancer's gear pieces should be indicative that we're just not interested in any more of this gear right now - there's no demand for it.
Or you could just look away and not worry about it.

You know, the same thing you do in real life when someone wears something that offends your sensibilities?

Knockerz
06.09.2013 , 05:45 PM | #58
The only thing missing is high heels in this game. LOL
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

chibiseira
12.15.2013 , 10:00 AM | #59
THIS.

(Well, except for the 13 year olds part and no demand part. There's demand. Just not from me.)

I just want pieces that are a middle ground. I don't mind people wanting things to be modest or things to be skimpy... but why can't there be a V-neck once in a while (that doesn't have some kind of collar)? We have all the way to the neckline (or higher), and we have skimpy. I'd just love in between. Preferably without some odd belly plate (elegant/luxurious dress *cough*) or other attachments (aspiring knight leg dangly things), but I'll take what I can get.

..............~IRL female, market full of clothes and nothing to wear...
Quote: Originally Posted by GrimAce View Post
Look, I know back early on post release there was an outcry for more 'sexy' gear (for males especially), and it's awesome that you guys are listening to community demands, but enough is enough.

We've gotten to the point where this stuff is seriously oversaturated, and introducing more items of a similar nature - or a different colour - just isn't worth it right now. And on the rare occasion we do get a new model for armor involving even an inch of exposed flesh, it's way too excessive. Where are simple low-cut tops, or v-neck shirts? Maybe even just a tunic with short sleeves, or a halter top look chestpiece instead? We're not all hormonal 13 year olds, but more variety can be done with showing skin then what we've currently got, and in more creative ways that might actually find some circulation in the in-game market. 15 odd pages of dancer's gear pieces should be indicative that we're just not interested in any more of this gear right now - there's no demand for it.
<GAF> <Dark Eclipse>
Jasma'n 55 Combat Medic Etara 55 Sawbones
Snohe 55 Balance Sage Thr 55 Assault Vanguard

Kryndell 55 Bodyguard Mercenary Seiyra 55 Medicine Operative

Reno_Tarshil
12.15.2013 , 10:01 AM | #60
Is this the Necrothread for today?
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs