Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enough with the skimpy gear already.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Enough with the skimpy gear already.

Jeweledleah
06.04.2013 , 01:56 PM | #31
while you may take issue with OP's phrasing, at least some of the sentiment behind it is sound. at least if they are going to introduce more revealing armor, could we get some variety? maybe? because now that we have dyes, even what little difference there was, is now completely inconsequential.

its sadly true that most people are not really buying those outfits anymore.

now I haven't seen the outfit previews yet (dulfy doesn't seem to have it), but if its just another slightly recolored version of dancer's outfit? I can see why OP is frustrated.

Kilora
06.04.2013 , 02:00 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthKaldriss View Post
If you want to rage about skimpy outfits go play Scarlet Blade and rage away my friend lol.
What if I want skimpy outfits for MALE characters?!

SB has pretty combat. . . but I have no interest in playing half-naked women.

Lowyjowylof
06.04.2013 , 02:18 PM | #33
I'm still waiting for Chaps and mesh tank top to wear with my Mask of Nihilus
Battle is an orgy of disorder.
George S. Patton

branmakmuffin
06.04.2013 , 03:02 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthKaldriss View Post
If you want to rage about skimpy outfits go play Scarlet Blade and rage away my friend lol.
/tangent

What a stupid-looking game.

Khevar
06.04.2013 , 03:03 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
What if I want skimpy outfits for MALE characters?!

SB has pretty combat. . . but I have no interest in playing half-naked women.
http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws....nal/952222.jpg

Covert Chestpiece + Formal Pants makes him look like a leather-clad scary Chippendale's dancer.

gorstram
06.04.2013 , 03:07 PM | #36
ITT: Jawas arguing with each other.

/popcorn

Projawa
06.04.2013 , 03:08 PM | #37
More skimpy gear pls. I enjoy seeing scantily clad ladies running around fleet. For equality's sake, male toons should not be left out.

JimG
06.06.2013 , 11:44 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by GrimAce View Post
And of course it's my opinion, but the oversaturation of these items in the in-game market (GTN) seems to support a lack of demand. So there's that.
It might be a supply problem too. The dancer armor stuff seemed to drop a LOT in the first shipment of Cartel packs. People buying packs didn't need to buy any of it off the GTN because we were all getting a ton of it in our own packs. There was a very high drop rate of banners and the ball toss too which led to a flood of those items on the GTN. So part of it is probably demand....but part of it is also probably a supply-side issue because the drop rates for that stuff was WAY too high.

Also, you might be able to get a dancer top for 5,000 to 10,000 credits regularly on the GTN but you're not getting the relaxed jumpsuit top for that cheap unless someone isn't paying attention to their list price. That generally costs at least 100,000 and when that stuff was first coming about in packs, I sold several relaxed jumpsuit chestpieces for 300,000.

Jaavik
06.06.2013 , 07:44 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by GrimAce View Post
You're*

And of course it's my opinion, but the oversaturation of these items in the in-game market (GTN) seems to support a lack of demand. So there's that.
Not really, the reason isn't necessarily a lack of demand as it is an overabundance of supply. They are made available RANDOMLY when the Cartel Packs are purchased. Some people buy multiple packs and get more than they can use. So they sell them on the market. Everyone in the game could technically already want and get one (demand), and there would still be more on the market.
JAAVIK
The Darkholde Legacy - Prophecy of the Five server

Join "The Art of Warfare" Gaming Community
The Republic of TAW and The Empire of TAW

OddballEasyEight
06.07.2013 , 12:14 AM | #40
There is hardly an "overabundance" of MALE skimpy gear.

so far we have three (thats right, 3) chestpieces that are skimpy for males.
Covert chest piece (which really isnt a "skimpy outfit" since its just being naked") and the two releaxed jacket variations.
I would hardly call that "variation", not to mention overabundance...

Ok, so the OP doesnt want more skimpy male outfits. I get it.
Then just dont buy any.

Its that simple.
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.