Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enough with the skimpy gear already.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Enough with the skimpy gear already.

Capt_Beers
06.04.2013 , 11:11 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Themanthatisi View Post
Just wait until "skinny jeans" arrive for males in game, so tight, you can tell what religion they are.... lol

Without joking, I am somewhere in the middle on this issue.... Part of me does not mind, the other part does not want to see Jedi that resemble the girls at the local strip clubs. It is a game after all....
We already have skinny jeans. Everything in this game is skin tight.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech

branmakmuffin
06.04.2013 , 11:13 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
BUT, I pulled this quote out because I agree with it. I would love to see gear that is sleeveless or v-necked.
On this tangent, I agree 100%. Sleeveless vests (for men and women) would be a nice addition.

ikinai
06.04.2013 , 11:16 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
On this tangent, I agree 100%. Sleeveless vests (for men and women) would be a nice addition.
More stuff like Satele Shans outfit and Thrana Vesh is what I would like.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

Hikaru_Kuma
06.04.2013 , 11:21 AM | #24
I want more skimpy gear for male. Some of those skimpy gears in this thead look amazing http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=425762

branmakmuffin
06.04.2013 , 11:33 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
More stuff like Satele Shans outfit and Thrana Vesh is what I would like.
Things that look like (admittedly my idea of) regular everyday clothes would be nice, too.

wainot-keel
06.04.2013 , 11:51 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by errant_knight View Post
I'm surprised that asking for more variety elicited such a hostile response.
You shouldn't be surprised.

OP didn't just ask for more variety. But problem is, his approach was a rather judgemental one towards people who do put the "skimpy" gear on their characters. With such attitude, hostile responses should be expected.

Eitetsu
06.04.2013 , 12:35 PM | #27
Or dare I say, some classy suits for male characters: Get some Prada for your Sith Lords
Eitetsu - Assassin; Tenzinn - Marauder; Kathedra - Mercenary; Korrana - Operative; Murasaki - Sorcerer; Tathata - Juggernaut; Wei▀reiter - Sniper; Aureatus - Powertech

Khevar
06.04.2013 , 12:39 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Then buy what you do want from the GTN rather than the CM. That's what I do. I have yet to acquire a single piece of skimpy clothing I did not intend to buy.

Your cast-off junk will sell if you price it cheaply enough. All my characters' female companions wear hats like the revelers cap because those hats are so cheap (and I'm going to disable head gear display no matter what it is, so one orange hat/helmet is as good as another).
100% agree.

It's so much easier to buy exactly what you want from the GTN than paying real dollars for the "loot lottery"

Gwena
06.04.2013 , 01:02 PM | #29
While I respect that everyone has their own opinion, I think the amount of revealing gear from the CM packs has been fine. We have, what, the Dancer sets (recolors), Relaxed sets (very similar styles), and the Covert Torso armor for skimpy stuff? I may have missed something, but my point is, there really isn't that much skimpy stuff, even if you count the non CM stuff like the cropped tops and slave outfits.

For example, if I wanted to dress my Sith Warrior in skimpy armor, I currently have the following choices: shirtless, shirtless with arm wraps, or shirtless with arm wraps, a harness thingy and a jacket tied around the waist. I would hardly call that "too much skimpy armor".
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

DarthKaldriss
06.04.2013 , 01:16 PM | #30
If you want to rage about skimpy outfits go play Scarlet Blade and rage away my friend lol.
Power Corrupts, Ultimate Power is Fun !!