Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bolstering is fine. Lack of Tiers/Brackets is NOT.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bolstering is fine. Lack of Tiers/Brackets is NOT.

Sarah_Kerrigan
12.21.2011 , 06:59 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by dinzorama View Post
As a lvl 50 player, I feel no difference killing a lvl 10 and lvl 50 player. Rather have fast queue times tbh.
Same.
Quote:
Please do not post in a font size that is considered to be disruptive and is used only to fill a page. This too is considered spam.
BIOWARE, Y U GIVE ME BIG, BEAUTIFUL FONT IF U HATE IT SO MUCH?????

Verita
12.21.2011 , 07:08 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by dinzorama View Post
As a lvl 50 player, I feel no difference killing a lvl 10 and lvl 50 player. Rather have fast queue times tbh.
Try playing a new character... In my opinion it has changed a lot within the last few days since there are many more higher level players.

Mortal_Sword
12.21.2011 , 07:11 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarah_Kerrigan View Post
I'm not trolling, I'm telling you to stop whining and start learn how to play. I see these threads everyday on these forums, and guess what? None of you can play. It's always the same people who always gets their asses beaten in PvP who rage on these forums after a good game.

Playing against good players is a privilege.
Excuse me sir, but I haven't raged.

What you've browsed so callously is a well thought out post on the nature of imbalance in the gameplay and how it is detrimental to the playing experience of the greater community, not just the PVP elite. The fact remains that lower level characters do not have the same depth of abilities, talent trees and equipment (which may lose it's relevance if 50's are separated).

You see, from the nature of your posts, I am going to assume that you enjoy being the talented and experienced PVP player who can "roll the newbs". There is no amount of playskill that can make up for a system where you have a figurative machine gun and I have the matchlock rifle. Can we both kill a man? Sure, but you are more appropriately equipped to do so repeatedly and with consistency.

If you truly cared about the quality of PVP gameplay, and truly cared about a community of players "getting better", you would realize that rolling level 10s in with higher level characters does not breed a skill intensive experience. The wolf that slaughters the lamb doesn't grow stronger. The wolf that challenges the alpha wolf and wins, does.

This would however, get in the way of your pre-mades being able to roll in against PUGs of mixed levels, and "pwn the newbs". Which would leave you feeling deflated and unfulfilled. In other words, if you want to stroke your e-peen, do it when you are paired against your equals.

In regards to an above post on the nature of Bolstering, it should still be used in brackets of ten levels. It still levels the playing field statistically, and allows for more skill focused gameplay. The statistics between a level 10 and a level 19 are night and day. Bolstering is fine.
Ammanas <Onward>
Jedi Shadow - Mind Trick

Irishbrewed
12.21.2011 , 07:14 AM | #24
Brackets are for baddies....just saying

Mortal_Sword
12.21.2011 , 07:23 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Irishbrewed View Post
Brackets are for baddies....just saying
Post isn't about enhancing your "elite PVP" experience, it is about enhancing and removing the detriment for lower level and casual players. Just as PVE content should have an endgame, where we wouldn't expect a level 15 to go, PVP should as well.

Unless you prefer to have easy pickings. Bro.
Ammanas <Onward>
Jedi Shadow - Mind Trick

Viconiuz
12.21.2011 , 07:26 AM | #26
Brackets:

10-29
30 - 49

imo..
Peace is a a Lie, there is only...cake
The cake is a lie there is only.. no wait..
Argh.. dammit!

Mortal_Sword
12.21.2011 , 07:30 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Viconiuz View Post
Brackets:

10-29
30 - 49

imo..
That could very well be the appropriate method. It'd certainly be a step in the right direction.
Ammanas <Onward>
Jedi Shadow - Mind Trick

Fatebringer
12.21.2011 , 07:36 AM | #28
I don't know what to think. Either half of you people are lying, or you are stone-cold insane.

There is no fair fight between a level 50 and someone less than half their level. Period. End of story. They have too many resources at their command, between high level abilities and talent specs. If you've played at level 50 and you feel you're evenly matched with a level 11 character, then you are the worst PvP player ever.

I have had higher levels fight me one on one in Warzones, a couple of times they would even just stand there for several moments while I slowly whittled away their hit points only to stun me and then destroy me in moments without effort. Between that, and how impossible it is to face an entire team of the same, I will not be participating in Warzones until I reach 50.

Go ahead and call me a terribad, but I think we both know who is the noob here.

On a secondary note, I'm curious what you people really think is wrong with cross-server Warzones?

I hear all the time that it will destroy the community of a server, but I have to ask, what are you talking about? Are you talking about World of Warcraft? World of Warcraft never had communities. EverQuest had communities. Star Wars Galaxies had communities. I made it all the way through three or so years of World of Warcraft, and I never once made a friend online.

I think you're delusional if you think there's ever going to be a community, personally. So far the only thing having a single server Warzone community has given me is a burning hatred for "Brobafett." Seriously, I want to tear his nametag off and beat him to death with it.

Listen to reason, Bioware. Make Warzones worth playing again, regardless of level.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." John F. Kennedy

Despoiler
12.21.2011 , 08:26 AM | #29
I'll take the 10-50 queuing over battlegroups. Level faster.

Irishbrewed
12.21.2011 , 08:43 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Mortal_Sword View Post
Post isn't about enhancing your "elite PVP" experience, it is about enhancing and removing the detriment for lower level and casual players. Just as PVE content should have an endgame, where we wouldn't expect a level 15 to go, PVP should as well.

Unless you prefer to have easy pickings. Bro.
Let me say it again, the warzone objectives are much broader then just kill the other guy. And with the current bolster system anyone can compete at obtaining the objectives of every warzone. No one is easy pickins simply because of level, you might be easy pickins to me even when we are both 50 simply because I am a better player. Not saying I am, I'm just saying that most ppl QQ about the non brackets are in general not very good at pvp. Do you use Keybinds? Do you move with the mouse not keyboard? Do you have a fast reaction time? I am only level 21 and have killed level 50's 1v1 simply because I could run behind them and they moved like a bump on a log, that's easy pickins for me and I'm sure they are now QQin about the bolster system...... Trust me, get better at pvp and your tone will change...

Edit: maybe what you all really need is a noob bracket, as in a bracket for ppl who keyboard turn and click abilities....