Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bolstering is fine. Lack of Tiers/Brackets is NOT.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bolstering is fine. Lack of Tiers/Brackets is NOT.

Craftistic
12.21.2011 , 06:50 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarah_Kerrigan View Post
Please, enough with these threads.

Just because you lack the skill, it doesn't mean the 99% that is left does, too.
Judging by your signature, and your thoughtless comment, you must copy and paste the same text everywhere. This is a place for discussion, not trolling.

Delphic
12.21.2011 , 06:52 AM | #12
Right now, lvl 10-50 WZs are fine IMO. I'm usually among the lower level players and I feel that I can make a meaningful contribution (if you can't take on a lvl 50 1-on-1 then just don't - there will always be situations where biding your time or retreating is the smart option). In fact, I've been in a few games where being the underdog proved an advantage: the other side (30s&40s against 10s&20s) expected an easy ride and played for kills ... and lost because they forgot about objectives.

In a month or 2, lvl 10-50 WZs may well not work. One reasone is gear scaling at lvl 50 (you can hope all you like, gear will matter a lot) and another is experience /organisation. New players or re-rolllers inexperienced with their class vs a lvl 50 premade is a rubbish experience for both sides. However, it's precisely when the bulk of players who pick up SWTOR now reach the higher levels that a separate bracket for lowbies creates a problem: in single-server pvp there may be too few lvl 10s & 20s at any given time. (In Rift for example I was able to level my first chars exclusively through pvp; I recently rolled a new char but was lucky to get 2 or 3 pops a night.)

Solutions: lvl 10-49 bracket (which creates a separate problem for new lvl 50s who will then get slaughtered) or (my optimal solution) make open world pvp so attractive that most geared players and premades are in Ilum and don't waste time farming lowbies in WZs

DKDArtagnan
12.21.2011 , 06:53 AM | #13
I think they've already mentioned they intend to separate 1-49 and 50 at some point, though I can't find the source.

Sarah_Kerrigan
12.21.2011 , 06:54 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Craftistic View Post
Judging by your signature, and your thoughtless comment, you must copy and paste the same text everywhere. This is a place for discussion, not trolling.
I'm not trolling, I'm telling you to stop whining and start learn how to play. I see these threads everyday on these forums, and guess what? None of you can play. It's always the same people who always gets their asses beaten in PvP who rage on these forums after a good game.

Playing against good players is a privilege.
Quote:
Please do not post in a font size that is considered to be disruptive and is used only to fill a page. This too is considered spam.
BIOWARE, Y U GIVE ME BIG, BEAUTIFUL FONT IF U HATE IT SO MUCH?????

Irishbrewed
12.21.2011 , 06:54 AM | #15
The system works fine, of coarse you can't beat a max level player half his level in a 1v1 situation but that is not the objective of any one warzone. Any player from level ten and on can assist in achieving the objectives in warzones and contribute under the current model. There is nothing wrong with getting pwned by lvl 50's if your level 10. That's why you are leveling cause u plan to own at 50 too. And that being said the bolster system keeps even level tens from being two shotted and gives them plenty of time to get away or to get near allies for assistance. Once again the objective is not to just kill one another. So the notion that something is broken because u can't kill a level 50 at level 22 is wrong. You can still capture points, carry the hutt ball, pass the ball, heal team mates, control opposing team, and even kill others.... At level 10...it works great. Throw out your wow notions pls.

DKDArtagnan
12.21.2011 , 06:56 AM | #16
Also, how long does it take you from 10-20 again?

We're talking half a day at most. Deal with it and buy your PvP gear at 20/24. Then Bolster will boost you a lot more - and you can compete within reason.

Focusing on PvP from 10-20 is a waste of time. It's a TINY fragment of the game.

Verita
12.21.2011 , 06:57 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Hydrott View Post
If you want brackets then bolstering needs to go. Its one or the other otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of even having gear or levels in the game.

I think some of you dont realise how theres more to these quests/levels/equipment/stats etc then just eyecandy. Its to have a sense of progression (you know THE THING WHICH DRIVES MMOS)
Not necessarily. You can have brackets, wich would solve a lot of the problems with skills and talents and at the same time bolster everyone to max level within that bracket to even the odds.

This was one of the things I did like in Warhammer Online. Too bad Mythic sucked at balancing and there was to much AOE stuff.

DarthGlitch
12.21.2011 , 06:57 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Craftistic View Post
This is a place for discussion, not trolling.
Hi, I see you're new to the internet. Welcome.

As for brackets,

IF they were going to be implemented, I'd rather see them be
10-24
25-39
40-50
Sith Assassin

dinzorama
12.21.2011 , 06:58 AM | #19
As a lvl 50 player, I feel no difference killing a lvl 10 and lvl 50 player. Rather have fast queue times tbh.

Irishbrewed
12.21.2011 , 06:59 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarah_Kerrigan View Post
I'm not trolling, I'm telling you to stop whining and start learn how to play. I see these threads everyday on these forums, and guess what? None of you can play. It's always the same people who always gets their asses beaten in PvP who rage on these forums after a good game.

Playing against good players is a privilege.
Amen, only bad pvp ers have complained about this system. Everyone I know and in my guild who are good pvp ers have no problem with this model. I take great pride in seeing someone 10+ levels higher then me back peddling and then ruining there day. Think they complain about the bolster? You bet they do, but what got them killed is keyboard turning, not a bolster system.......