Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trasher HM - removal of sniper shields

ipagex
06.04.2013 , 09:45 AM | #21
Interesting to see that, after 2 pages, opinions about what takes down the shields are stil split.

So far we have 3 versions that seems to work for some and not for others:
1. Roar
2. Melee hitting snipers (seen a youtube clip in which this was offered as the solution and also heard it from some people in-game)
3. Tank's AOE Taunt

My personal opinion is that Trasher's Roar (pushback) is simply a mechanism to get people up to the snipers and it is not the actual cause for the shields dissapearing.

AbsoluteMikex
06.04.2013 , 09:47 AM | #22
-In HM we let one person sit on thrasher, all the other DPS run in front to get thrown up.
-HUGE POINT HERE: DPS Stacks after jumping down, we stack on his butt for a sec for some AoE heals, then continue.
-It really eases the healing.
-Also for the DPS that gets knocked up, sit your butt on the edge so the healers who may be on the group can heal you.
PsyhardenX---55 Sentinel
EnvenomX----55 Scoundrel
--NoWookiesNoCookies--The Shadowlands---

WillLongstick
06.04.2013 , 10:12 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ipagex View Post
Interesting to see that, after 2 pages, opinions about what takes down the shields are stil split.

So far we have 3 versions that seems to work for some and not for others:
1. Roar
2. Melee hitting snipers (seen a youtube clip in which this was offered as the solution and also heard it from some people in-game)
3. Tank's AOE Taunt

My personal opinion is that Trasher's Roar (pushback) is simply a mechanism to get people up to the snipers and it is not the actual cause for the shields dissapearing.
1) Roar. This isn't opinion, this is 100% if Thrasher is facing the snipers the Roar knocks the shield off.
2) Melee DPS. This is the easiest method by far, to quote Dulfy's guildy when we pugged 3 of them, "Holy **** this is so easy it feels like we're cheating." It takes a lot of damage on the Snipers to knock the shield off, simply hitting them once doesn't pop it off. Still, 1 tank and 2 DPS (our kill group is Jugg (sometimes PT) tank, Marauder, and DPS Jugg) jumping up and hitting them in melee range burns them down fast, and 2 DPS sitting on Thrasher the whole time is more than enough to kill him in time, without any ranged DPS ever needing to help.
3) Tank's AOE taunt only knocks off the shields if it's AOE taunt + Saber Reflect, and again the Saber Reflect has to do a certain amount of damage to the Snipers for the shield to fall off.

I've been in the Sniper kill group in all but 1 clear of the boss on either my Jugg or PT tank. Some days I jump to every Demolitionist, other days I just stay up after jumping to the first one. The trick is standing about 28-30 meters from the Demolitionist and jumping up when you hit your charge. Juggs can also Intercede to one of the others who managed to get up, but again you need to be 25+ meters out or the ledge will cause LOS issues. If you don't have the Warrior heavy composition we do, you can still send Sin Tanks or DPS up with a knockback and just have them sprint around the circle. If you're 4 Ranged DPS, then sucks to be you, welcome to a mechanic that punishes RDPS heavy groups. If you only have 1 melee DPS you can still send tank plus MDPS up as long as your MDPS is decently geared and you don't make mistakes. But, I always recommend sending 2 DPS plus Tank up to the Snipers as it allows more room for jump/run around the circle error.
Gorthog - Amelthea
<Intrepid>

Docmal
06.04.2013 , 10:23 AM | #24
The shields fall off by two mechanics:
  1. The Roar
  2. The Sniper Changes Targets - caused by melee pulling threat or a tank's taunt

Simple as that.

On 8m HM we move the boss and knock a few up for each adds.

On 16m HM we keep the boss facing one spot and send a team of dps and a guardian tank up by jumping to the demolisionist.

2 methods and both work for us. The reason we do it different has to do with group make up and tank skill.

MVaglin
06.04.2013 , 03:01 PM | #25
What we do is send all ranged dps (usually 2 or 3) up on the ledge together with a healer and a tank. Melees, second tank and second healer stay on the ground.

Ranged aoe down the adds, then start shooting at the boss until next group spawns. Sure, it's a long run between groups sometimes, but enrage is never an issue so works fine for us.
http://www.thecircle-guild.com

Akash - Operative Monzcarro - Mercenary
Erekose - Marauder Shatiro - Assassin

Pyrotech Mercenary PvE Guide

-Quagmire-
06.04.2013 , 09:19 PM | #26
You don't even need to send a "team" up there.

Our guilds regular strat sees myself (gunnery commando) and off-tank (shadow) get knocked up there on the first set of snipers, kill order is always demolition guy first, then all 3 snipers without assistance from anyone downstairs.

I parse at 2500 on ops dummy which isn't super high and between us we take down all 3 before the next lot spawn.
The tank uses his force run and I use hold the line if they spawn on the opposite side. rinse and repeat.

Each set will see the main tank move thrasher close to where the snipers spawn for the roar and move him back towards the centre once the shields are down.

I can also say that the off tank will get threat on all the snipers each time.
Otherwise we try and stay close to the edge for healers assistance as required.

I know this does specifically say yes or no to your original question, but this demonstrates other viable strats.
Achmed - Vindication Guild Leader
(Alts - Larekin, Lanndoe, Jarekai)
See our guild website