Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trasher HM - removal of sniper shields

AAAAzrael
06.04.2013 , 03:09 AM | #11
Is it viable tactic then to just tank Thrasher against the wall as on SM and send 2 guardians/sentinels to deal with the adds?

Our guardians/sentinels can jump up to them, but our Vanguard tank had problem with that. Can anyone confirm if Vanguards are able to get upstairs?

ipagex
06.04.2013 , 04:46 AM | #12
I actually had alot of trouble jumping to them on my juggernaut. Made the jump like 1 out of 10 tries...

le: i can actually confirm powertechs/vanguards can jump. I have a tank pt on my team.

AAAAzrael
06.04.2013 , 05:40 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ipagex View Post
I actually had alot of trouble jumping to them on my juggernaut. Made the jump like 1 out of 10 tries...

le: i can actually confirm powertechs/vanguards can jump. I have a tank pt on my team.
Then it must be a bug as my vanguard co-tank was trying the whole one attempt and didn't succeed. Or is there some trick you must know for it?

Maybe it's best then too take down the shield and have rDPS shoot them there......

ipagex
06.04.2013 , 06:21 AM | #14
No trick, just hope to get lucky.

Problem is sometimes range dps can't see targets either.

AAAAzrael
06.04.2013 , 06:43 AM | #15
Yeah, on SM you can get away with it as always at least one person sees them, but on HM you need more DPS on them to kill them in time. I think we'll need to try Dulfy's tactic and see how it works. Requires a fair bit of coordination but doesn't look too hard.

Ardarell_Solo
06.04.2013 , 07:34 AM | #16
It's a little tricky to get the angle right so you can jump up, that takes a bit of practice.

At least on HM you can have a tank and dps stay up there all the time, three dps on Thrasher is enough (don't know about NiM yet)

If, in the worst case, the next group of snipers spawns on the exact opposite side of the arena, you call out the ranges to help burn the adds down, once their shield has been removed by the upper tank's taunt. If the next group spawns nearer to the last position, one tank and one melee dps can easily take care of all the adds - and the other three dps can just continue to burn down Thrasher.

NB: You don't even need melee dps or tanks who can jump for this: You can just have one tank and one melee dps kicked up with the first roar and then stay up there. The other tank positions Thrasher close to a wall (close enough so he doesn't get kicked up with the next roar) and keeps him there till the end. Like that it's more or a less tank&spank easy mode till the end...
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage) | Vayus (Guardian)
Dacs (Commando) | Troř (Vanguard) | Ianea (Shadow) | Craeg (Scoundrel)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> (T3-M4) -> Bewerbung
Freue mich Řber Feedback zu meinem Wachmann PVE Guide 4.0.

AAAAzrael
06.04.2013 , 08:52 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
It's a little tricky to get the angle right so you can jump up, that takes a bit of practice.

At least on HM you can have a tank and dps stay up there all the time, three dps on Thrasher is enough (don't know about NiM yet)

If, in the worst case, the next group of snipers spawns on the exact opposite side of the arena, you call out the ranges to help burn the adds down, once their shield has been removed by the upper tank's taunt. If the next group spawns nearer to the last position, one tank and one melee dps can easily take care of all the adds - and the other three dps can just continue to burn down Thrasher.

NB: You don't even need melee dps or tanks who can jump for this: You can just have one tank and one melee dps kicked up with the first roar and then stay up there. The other tank positions Thrasher close to a wall (close enough so he doesn't get kicked up with the next roar) and keeps him there till the end. Like that it's more or a less tank&spank easy mode till the end...
Tried doing that exactly like you described yesterday. I got thrown up the wall on first knockback my co-tank took over and I run to adds with a guardian DPS leaping to me. We took down first set of adds, but very already quite low on health and then they spawned on exactly opposite side, when I got to them they were already almost done building the turrets... But we only got 3 tries out of it as we were spent after 3hours on the Titan, so maybe it's a matter of quicker reactions and rDPS helping. Will try that next time.

Ardarell_Solo
06.04.2013 , 08:57 AM | #18
Forgot: One of the healers needs to focus on the tank and dps upstairs exclusively.

And yes, those two have the toughest job, they have to be very quick and precise, do quite some damage in short periods of time, and make good use of defensive cooldowns - whereas the other six have an easy tank&spank :-)
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage) | Vayus (Guardian)
Dacs (Commando) | Troř (Vanguard) | Ianea (Shadow) | Craeg (Scoundrel)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> (T3-M4) -> Bewerbung
Freue mich Řber Feedback zu meinem Wachmann PVE Guide 4.0.

AAAAzrael
06.04.2013 , 09:13 AM | #19
With the speed Thrasher was going down in our case I was thinking maybe putting tank and 2xmDPS upstairs is not such a bad idea. But we'll try some approaches when we next get there. With overall group's gear improving every week it should soon have a little bit of margin for error.

KeyboardNinja
06.04.2013 , 09:31 AM | #20
We've tried to use the Roar to bring down the shields. It doesn't work. I've talked to the other guilds on my server who are clearing the operation. It doesn't work for them either. Everyone has their own strategy for dealing with this. What we do is send a tank and a Focus sentinel up top with the first knockback. They remain on the ledge for the entire fight and DPS down the snipers. Our Focus sentinel does about 3-3.2k while bursting on the snipers themselves, which combined with (sometimes low) tank DPS is enough to get each pack down just before the next one spawns. All the DPS on the ground just focus on the boss. The healers on the ground divide their time a bit, and those up on the ledge stand on the very edge to avoid LoS.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)