Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trasher HM - removal of sniper shields

ipagex
06.03.2013 , 05:27 PM | #1
What does it actually take to get the shields removed? I heard 2 versions so far:
1. Trasher's Roar
2. A melee getting up there and hitting the snipers.

We're having trouble clearing this boss and i would also like to know the rest of how you handle the fight.

Thanks.

Grimsblood
06.03.2013 , 05:34 PM | #2
The way the mechanic is "supposed" to work is having the tank move the boss to the side with teh adds and then having dps getting "knocked" up there. Once up there they can clear the adds with no issue.

If you are "breaking" the mechanics, you can send a tank up there and have him/her taunt.
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

TrillOG-
06.03.2013 , 07:16 PM | #3
Never had issues with it and roar. I haven't rdps'd it either so if its the ranged send a sent/mara and tank up there. Again simple solution, if nothing else use the roar.
Twitch
Gate Crasher
World First

vdbswong
06.03.2013 , 08:30 PM | #4
Killing the Demo guy definitely doesn't remove the shield.

WillLongstick
06.03.2013 , 08:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by vdbswong View Post
Killing the Demo guy definitely doesn't remove the shield.
This is fact. Also read the text on Sniper's shield buff. It says it only shields against ranged attacks. Send a jumping tank and 2 jumping DPS up to the Demolitionist and those three can kill the adds in any order you want. No tank swaps, no Roar, no raid cleaving. So easy our Sin tank is playing Minesweeper the whole time he's on Thrasher.
System - The Harbinger
Gorthog - Amelthea - Bourbaki - Sochët
Jugg Tank - PT Tank - Sin Tank - Pub Crafter

Eternalnight
06.03.2013 , 09:08 PM | #6
Turning Trasher to face the direction of the snipers and moving it close enough to them before he roars and the roar does remove the shielding. At this time anyone in front of Trasher will get thrown up there. (Note also that Trasher does not stop roar if person who has aggro is outside its melee range)

But supposably the shielding only protects against ranged attacks so there is a that workaround using a melee...

ipagex
06.04.2013 , 01:00 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TrillOG- View Post
I don't see how SO many people are having so much trouble with this. You kill the demolition guy, the one that you can force leap/charge to, The one who is on the farthest right, and doesn't have a shield, and after he dies the shields go down, kill the snipers, done. You don't need thrasher for anything. Simple. Now if you WANT to do it by the book I'm pretty sure you have to kill the demo guy first anyway, so its pointless to do it any other way.
Not sure what game you're playing.

Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Turning Trasher to face the direction of the snipers and moving it close enough to them before he roars and the roar does remove the shielding. At this time anyone in front of Trasher will get thrown up there. (Note also that Trasher does not stop roar if person who has aggro is outside its melee range)

But supposably the shielding only protects against ranged attacks so there is a that workaround using a melee...
So the roar removes the shields, but if positioning boss in time fails a melee can get up there and remove shields by hitting mobs? That is actually the answer/confirmation i'm looking for. I want the range that are down to be able to hit snipers and cause damage.

Zakiros
06.04.2013 , 01:19 AM | #8
The roar removes the shields simple as that

Eternalnight
06.04.2013 , 01:36 AM | #9
Roar removes shield and that is it. If positioning the boss before roar fails the ranged cant do anything.

Also you should not tank switch before roar. That is if after snipers appear the other tank taunts and takes the boss to the snipers (because he happened to be closer to them) it will actually turn back and still roar at the direction of the tank who had aggro before snipers appeared, so the tank who had aggro before snipers appeared needs to be the one to position Trasher.

You do however, depending how you do it, want the other tank take over after the roar.

vdbswong
06.04.2013 , 02:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ipagex View Post
So the roar removes the shields, but if positioning boss in time fails a melee can get up there and remove shields by hitting mobs? That is actually the answer/confirmation i'm looking for. I want the range that are down to be able to hit snipers and cause damage.
No, a melee can get up there and bash the Snipers in because their Shield doesn't work against melee attacks, RDPS are still out of luck.