Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Addons in Swtor

Thaed
06.03.2013 , 07:41 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by vfrost View Post
looks like you miss something in quoted post.
Having quest icons on the map is just as needed as having an add-on for Roleplayers' backstories. Which is to say, not at all.
Selkath.com: You'll never find a more pleasant hive of honey and friendship.

vfrost
06.03.2013 , 07:44 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
It is needed. The RP community has no place to record their character back stories. We need it to keep track of changes to our characters, update current information and have an indicator of who is a Roleplayer and who is not.
Realy?

look what im needed:
1. clear bars without art.
2. clear unit frames whit easy readable info and buff/debuff
3. clear, customisable raid frames with READABLE BUFFS/DEBUFFS
4. ability to make bar with useful info, like money, free slots, quest log etc.
5. something like outfit manager for easy gear change + dual spec(don't tell me anything about field respec)
6. something less monstrous than current craft windows mess

and than, i can think about RP addons.

Puddjles
06.03.2013 , 08:44 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
Most of addon requests would be for features that do not require you to run full game client to access, including but not limited to, class skills. I see no point in that, you either are playing the game or you are not playing the game. So it takes you longer to maximize your skills, and so it does for everyone else. That is seriously on the bottom of a pile of user requests.
There is a difference between normal macros and timed macros..
You can create timed macro's now to afk dance and move your toon around

I'm more talking about in-game macros to create custom buttons (target focus, cast CC)
and macros that works out your average gear level based on your mods/enhacement/armorings
or something that checks everyone's buffs in a raid to see if anyone is missing a Stim/buff

I'd probably bar up if there was something like Grid for raid frames.. healing a 16man raid group with in-game raid frames is appalling.

Thaed
06.03.2013 , 09:07 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Puddjles View Post
There is a difference between normal macros and timed macros..
You can create timed macro's now to afk dance and move your toon around

I'm more talking about in-game macros to create custom buttons (target focus, cast CC)
and macros that works out your average gear level based on your mods/enhacement/armorings
or something that checks everyone's buffs in a raid to see if anyone is missing a Stim/buff

I'd probably bar up if there was something like Grid for raid frames.. healing a 16man raid group with in-game raid frames is appalling.
I'd love an add-on that emphasises which debuffs on the boss are mine.

johnduane
06.03.2013 , 10:57 PM | #25
No combat add-ons are required. The worst add-on ever developed for WoW was gear checker. Some players actually are skilled enough to be able to function quite highly without a specific number attached that is mandatory to play. It was bs in that game and it would be bs here.

Any macros allowing casts are also unnecessary. Work for an advantage over your opponent by skill and not by having code execute your moves more quickly for you.

DON'T DO IT BIOWARE. THE CASUALS WILL REVOLT.
-sig coming soon™

Thaed
06.03.2013 , 11:00 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by johnduane View Post
No combat add-ons are required. The worst add-on ever developed for WoW was gear checker. Some players actually are skilled enough to be able to function quite highly without a specific number attached that is mandatory to play. It was bs in that game and it would be bs here.

Any macros allowing casts are also unnecessary. Work for an advantage over your opponent by skill and not by having code execute your moves more quickly for you.

DON'T DO IT BIOWARE. THE CASUALS WILL REVOLT.
Actually, a certain level of gear was required to raid in order to be capable of producing enough dps/heals and withstanding enough damage, regardless of skill. Not the level of gear that anti-gearscore people complained that raiders wanted them to achieve, though I never ran into any of the problems they complained about.

Massamo
06.04.2013 , 12:17 AM | #27
can do macros now with some keyboards and mouses

hages
06.04.2013 , 12:26 AM | #28
No add-ons ,not a second wow.
You can play this game perfectly without add-ons.
If bioware aloud them it will only lead to unbalance and to requirement of add-ons
The raids are not that hard that you need them.
The thing is if you allow some; you can not stop the flood anymore.and it will only lead to problems.
nothings as good as an cold cold beer...and swtor to play drunk

JPryde
06.04.2013 , 02:13 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ultramecha View Post
I'm curious if the developers have considered changing their minds on having addons. Many features people want could be quickly implemented if they allowed them. This means more bug fixing and content development time.
I am not claiming, that I wouldn't use some add-on, if there were any.

But could you give a few examples (like 5 minimum) of add-ons, which "people want" without using any wow-terminology please?

After all adding add-on support is not an easy task, so in order for it to be a reasonable time investment, you should right now be able to tell at least 5 issues which can be solved by add-ons, that are really "wanted" by the community. If it is less than 5 add-ons who are really in demand, I can assure you, that it would be easiert to just integrate them in the UI and not open pandoras box.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

Thaed
06.04.2013 , 02:17 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
I am not claiming, that I wouldn't use some add-on, if there were any.

But could you give a few examples (like 5 minimum) of add-ons, which "people want" without using any wow-terminology please?

After all adding add-on support is not an easy task, so in order for it to be a reasonable time investment, you should right now be able to tell at least 5 issues which can be solved by add-ons, that are really "wanted" by the community. If it is less than 5 add-ons who are really in demand, I can assure you, that it would be easiert to just integrate them in the UI and not open pandoras box.
I'll let someone else answer with more, as I'm not especially well-informed about what addons can and cannot do, but in-game dps meters, gear-swap mods and dual specs, for starters (why we still don't have proper dual specs is absolutely beyond me).

If Bioware were actually adding these QoL things, I don't think the subject would have ever been brought up.