Scoundrels impossible to kill

Vassise

So I'm a fully geared tank and my fully geared dps buddy couldnt even take down a scoundrel because it kept healing and stuff..rolling away which was annoying but we got it down to about 10% health and then it went into stealth.

So they can take lots of damage, heal, do lots of damage..and go into stealth.

I know how to play my class

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You might need more than 2 people to kill a scoundrel, especially if the scoundrel is receiving cross-heals and/or a guard" is different from saying "scoundrels are impossible to kill". Get 6 people to all attack the same target at the same time, and unless the other team has perhaps 4 healers, it will go down. And if they do have 4 healers, they probably can't kill you very easily either.

With regards to stealth, try damage over times (before they stealth) and AOEs (after they stealth). Healing-traited scoundrels get 0 incoming healing while stealthed, so they won't be able to heal through any damage over times without coming out of stealth. And you can use AOEs to kill/find them after they stealth. If that fails, you can also get a gunslinger/sniper to help. Gunslingers/snipers who have been in cover for awhile have superb stealth detection.

Edited by Dawncatcher

Stop front loading your burst. They will keep healing up teammates until they start getting low, so work them down to 50-60%. Then have someone unload on them to get down to about 30% where they can spam surgical probe/whatever pub side name is and CC them while the other person unloads until death. Combat stealth has a long CD, so if you mess up, just get them next time.

If there is a guard and cross healing, then welcome to ranked stalemates.

So I'm a fully geared tank and my fully geared dps buddy couldnt even take down a scoundrel because it kept healing and stuff..rolling away which was annoying but we got it down to about 10% health and then it went into stealth.

Don't worry this is the only role they are able to play competitively. Conc and Lethality suck.

Don't worry this is the only role they are able to play competitively. Conc and Lethality suck.

Not really. Concealment operatives seem to be one of the strongest specs versus sawbones scoundrels. Either that or I just need to spend some time in the scrapper tree to figure out how concealment/scrapper works.

I believed you until the last sentence, then I lol'd.

2/10

A clever use of interrupts, stuns, and the ability that reduces healing received by target (cannot be cleansed), makes the difference. If you do all that and the healer still will not die, at least you made it so that he was not healing anybody but himself. Meanwhile, hopefully tour teammates will be nuking his buddies.

I don't see this as being broken. I've been on both sides (sage healer and sentinel / sage dps). There are times when guys just absolutely cannot kill me (sage healer) and there are times when I cannot seem to last 5 seconds. I've also had times when I just absolutely could not kill a healer (but that is generally when there are 2 or 3 other healers healing him) and there are times when a healer absolutely melts.

Scoundrel/Operative heals can be killed easily. Especially the bad ones. The good ones you are going to be scratching your head wondering *** just happened.

I had an AH match maybe 2 weeks ago. I don't remember which toon I was on, all I remember was the Scoundrel and Guardian tank duo we could not take down for crap. 3-4 of us beating on the scoundrel while the Guardian prevented the cap only to have the scoundrel down to about 20-30% health and then she rolled/stealthed (we followed) and then she came back was fully healed and healing the tank again. That happened maybe 3 times in a row. We'd be so close to killing her and then she'd follow the same routine and be back to preventing us from capping.

Not saying that Scoundrels are impossible to kill but that one was on beast mode. And I will say that this particular healer is a great healer in most of the PvPs I've been in.

Yep i have seen scoundrel and ops solo heal a warzone with all the dps players trying to kill them and no one dieing. Now before you say your dps was bad both sides had 1 scoundrel/ops the rest of the players were dps that put out over 700k each. Neither side could kill the other sides healer it was a stalemate. No death in a warzone no one able to kill the 1 healer each team had. The healers never ran out of resources and could heal back up trough cc. Each team used cc to save there healer while they were CCed.

Put a sorc/sage or other healing class in place of one to the scoundrel/op and guess what the team that has the other healer would have died many times. Do to the healer overheating or running out of force

Edited by Neoforcer

Wait a minute, a healer kept healing himself? Get out of here - Bioware, Nerf healers!!! They should not be able to heal themselves ... lol

Focus fire

Competent dps

Separate the tank/and or hard switching off the guard

Healing debuff

Interrupts

Stuns at the right time

Slow helps prevent rolling

If you're doing half this stuff you will probably kill the healer

It may also help to put one guy on the other healer to keep him from casting but I'm not certain how well that works

Edited by JP_Legatus

I sure wish I knew how to be impossible to kill. My healer sorc and healer op gone down pretty easy when they get focused.

All these derp dps want to do is Pew pew randomly and have stuff fall over. When it doesn't, they think the game is broke and start crying for nerfs. Nerf tanks, nerf tank guard, nerf healing, nerf op rolls, nerf nerf nerf. They want mmo pvp to be like their xbox shooter on easymode

Edited by MotorCityMan

Focus fire

Competent dps

Separate the tank/and or hard switching off the guard

Healing debuff

Interrupts

Stuns at the right time

Slow helps prevent rolling

If you're doing half this stuff you will probably kill the healer

It may also help to put one guy on the other healer to keep him from casting but I'm not certain how well that works

It's more like if you do all these and they suck you'll probably kill them. Thankfully most healers do suck, especially most of the guys who recently rerolled as an Operative. Besides, if you never die thanks to your own overpowered healing, you've a lot of time to work on killing the opposing healer.

Unless the cross healing healer is a Commando, I've never seen spreading out DPS on multiple healers to be at all effective. If you want to be cute you can try to tab target a healer and interrupt their heals, but that's about it.

Edited by Astarica

It's more like if you do all these and they suck you'll probably kill them. Thankfully most healers do suck, especially most of the guys who recently rerolled as an Operative. Besides, if you never die thanks to your own overpowered healing, you've a lot of time to work on killing the opposing healer.

Unless the cross healing healer is a Commando, I've never seen spreading out DPS on multiple healers to be at all effective. If you want to be cute you can try to tab target a healer and interrupt their heals, but that's about it.

Tactic good premades often use against me:

* Stun

* If I stun-break before I have full resolve, stun again (requires voice to coordinate). Note: Scoundrels/operatives have no cc-immunity aside from resolve.

* If I stun-break and immediately disappear before they can re-stun, throw down an AOE or something. Or have their sniper shoot me.

* If the initial stun was a short one, just keep chaining them together until the resolve bar is full (if I'm not dead by then, which is unlikely if the final bullet is followed) and then finish with a slow.

* Have maybe 5 people whale on me all at once. I will probably be dead before my resolve bar is full unless their damage is just bad. If I'm not and manage to get emergency medpack and all my other cooldowns off just so soon as the stun ends, all they have to do is keep at it a little longer.

No one can survive focus fire, nor should they be able to; focus fire is the natural antidote to anything that looks overpowered. It's amazing how fast those "impossible to kill" healers go down with 5 people beating on them all at once.

Edited by Dawncatcher

Not really. Concealment operatives seem to be one of the strongest specs versus sawbones scoundrels. Either that or I just need to spend some time in the scrapper tree to figure out how concealment/scrapper works.

Nope, you're totally correct. A good Concealment/Scrapper player is a nightmare for Operative/Scoundrel healers. I was PUGing last night and there were two Scrapper Scoundrels constantly trying to double-team me. It was a challenge to stay alive, let alone provide decent support for my team. They are extremely difficult to get away from as well, because they have the same roll as I do, can clear all my slows and can keep firing at me while they're chasing.

I feel like a lot of the Concealment/Scrapper players that cry about their class being "unplayable" are just trying to do too much with it. It's one of the best classes in the game for taking out healers and key DPS players, but they want to be able to go toe-to-toe with any class in the game to feed their E-Peen.

Fortunately, the Concealment/Scrapper spec does have a counter...good teamwork and marking. If I am struggling with them I usually let my team know and then stay close so that when they pop out of stealth my team-mates can stomp their face.

I claim bull on this one. Scoundrels for me are one of the easier healers to take out 1v1 in pvp. They don't have much in the way of defensive moves and once they're visible they have to spam heal to survive.

My Guardian tank simply kicks to interrupt, then pushes, then leaps, then kicks again, then stuns, then force stasis if needed. You just need to work on a rotation to keep his heals from being used. I'll admit the heal over time is a right pain if you've got low damage output, so maybe add some strength/willpower/aim augments to boost your hits.

what classes are not impossible to kill? Sages have that barrier thingie and force speed. Sents have their god mode. guardians are derp smash or unkillable tanks (because they always have 3 pocket healers). Shadows can't be killed because they stealth out at 10%. Can we kill commandos and vanguards? Maybe if they have narcoleptic fit.

my honest answer is simply unsub, this game has turned to absolute crap, well it always had garbage pvp however after 2.0 it actually managed to suprise me and become even more trash and its obvious that EA doesnt care anymore, nor does failware. they are just trying to milk everything they can. Edited by xxIncubixx

Im playing operative , mostly dpsing , and can tell you being in full conq/partisan gear, our dps is crap..

from time to time i`m wz healer aswell, that's true that to kill me it is kinda hard, but as long as I have to focus heal on myself, my team dies..

my honest answer is simply unsub, this game has turned to absolute crap, well it always had garbage pvp however after 2.0 it actually managed to suprise me and become even more trash and its obvious that EA doesnt care anymore, nor does failware. they are just trying to milk everything they can.

Well if you expect a mmo to play like a pve xbox shooter on easymode, probably should. Then you can pew pew to your heart's content.

Edited by MotorCityMan