Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My name was taken...

TheBBP
06.03.2013 , 01:23 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
My name... my REAL name, is Magnus.

I cant use that name in-game because ONE NPC has it...

In sweden that name is about as common as "Gary" is in the US...
But since one single NPC has that name in-game i cannot use it.

So please dont come here with your sobstory about not being able to use your favourite internet name. Just adapt and overcome.
That is a pretty boss name tbh. I used to watch World's Strongest Man a lot and there was one named Magnus Ver Magnusson. I always thought that you couldn't have picked a better name for a strong man.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

FeLoNiouS
06.03.2013 , 01:33 PM | #22
I've used the same character name since 1986 playing my first computer game. Have used it for every MMO I played. You can always do what I do.....if I can't get my name, I don't play that game. Simple. Games like UO were great, because you could have more then one person with a name. Heck, on Great Lakes shard, there was a guild that had about 10 "Madonna's". That could be bad or good, depending on how you look at it, but in most situations with games like SWTOR, one of the players with a specific name end up never playing the game again, so you could still have your name and not worry about someone else running around with your name most of the time.

There's been a handful of occasions where I've installed an MMO or other games and if my name was taken, /uninstall. Simple as that.
SWG/Corbantis Vet

Ultima Online, DAoC, Vanguard, AoC, Mortal Online, Darkfall

Alec_Fortescue
06.03.2013 , 01:34 PM | #23
And they will still say that you're not using a creative name. Lame. I like how STO handled names.
Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

branmakmuffin
06.03.2013 , 03:07 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
It happened to me with server transfers. A few of my names had to be changed.
You will no doubt, should care to read further, note that server changes are an entirely different matter.

VigDiath
06.03.2013 , 03:58 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
You will no doubt, should care to read further, note that server changes are an entirely different matter.
Wrong terminology but I'm sure most but those with a low IQ understood my point.

When the servers merged way back when, 3 of my toons on Shadowlands had to be re-named.

My actual name when I decided to re-roll on Jedi Covenant (LaRon) was strangely enough taken as well.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Tristan
06.03.2013 , 04:10 PM | #26
Tough to have any sympathy honestly. When I had to move from Master something or another server to Drooga's I lost all my names. Then another server merger from Drooga's to Harbinger happened. I thought, "Great", I actually had placeholders with my original names on Harbinger that I created during early access.

Welp, come transfer time I lost all the placeholder names I had on Harbinger, but did get to keep some of my renames. Yeah, that pretty much sucked.

Oh and the name, Tristan (my forum handle), you cannot have in game as it come up invalid. Go figure. But as a bonus, since Bioware switched log ins from email to forum name, I get around 5 emails a week where someone is trying to reset my password. Thanks for that!
Sith

Juggernaut
Squadron 14-610

branmakmuffin
06.03.2013 , 06:21 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
Wrong terminology but I'm sure most but those with a low IQ understood my point.
Then perhaps you should stick to your own kind.

Quote:
When the servers merged way back when, 3 of my toons on Shadowlands had to be re-named.
When servers merge, someone's character changes servers.

Therefore "right terminology."

hippiechick
06.03.2013 , 06:49 PM | #28
I took my own name. I had the same name on two realms and when they were merged I had to rename me cuz of myself lol.

M
If at first you don't succeed...
then skydiving isn't for you.