Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My name was taken...

branmakmuffin
06.03.2013 , 11:18 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lancars View Post
I like how half the people understand and the other half are the kind of jerks that would run into you while your standing there and tell YOU to watch where your going.
Just because someone does not agree or empathize with you does not mean they do not understand.

dewayne
06.03.2013 , 11:27 AM | #12
i didnt have a issue with legacy name. but i did with a character name. i start out khoonda milita server and moved to jc server during the free transfer period. i made a new character on jc named Saskia, asfter the forced merge. i had to rename her. never been unactive been subber since day 1.
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar
Republic Trooper, Jedi Knight
I'm a life taker and a heartbreaker

Kilora
06.03.2013 , 11:28 AM | #13
I like how half the people understand and the other half are the kind of jerks that would run into you while your standing there and tell YOU to watch where your going.
Well, it sucks, sure.

But, what would you like us to do about it? Almost everyone has had this happen to them, at least once, in some type of online community. You don't own the name, so there is nothing you can do.

And, to be upset about it, well -- it's rather pointless. As someone already said, learn to use alt codes. I also have 5 different spellings for my "name" that sound phonetically similar or the same.

TUXs
06.03.2013 , 11:31 AM | #14
I think we actually ALL understand - we just don't feel all that sorry for you. If you're just now getting around to changing your name, you haven't even played for like 6 months. We've seen threads like yours before...Bioware didn't care, they took all of our names away and they picked the WORST possible way to merge players.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

MSchuyler
06.03.2013 , 11:32 AM | #15
Which surprises me because i have never seen ANYONE ever use the name Lancars. I chose it a long time ago as my net name and now i come back to Swtor and find out someone used it for once. People say get over it but i can't help feel a bit robbed. Like minor identity theft.
Seriously? Robbed? Identity theft? Do you seriously think your name, in R/L or here, is unique and furthermore, that you have some sort of right to it? "Lancars" is short. It's pronounceable, and it is as likely chosen by a random generator computer as a person. When you have a billion or more people all using the same alphabet, a name like that is never going to be unique. I understand your disappointment that your favorite name was taken, but not the proprietary attitude over it. It ain't exclusively yours and never was.

Lunafox
06.03.2013 , 12:18 PM | #16
That's the way it is on these forums. Atleast you got *half* of the people understanding. Sometimes when you post you get nothing but empathy-less tards.

AlienEyeTX
06.03.2013 , 12:32 PM | #17
It sucks, but it happens. Sounds like you already got over it by choosing another name. I'm not sure what the point of the OP is. If your name is gone, you pick a new one. That's the end of it.
Forget about this referral link, . You can click someone else's. I'm out.

AlexDougherty
06.03.2013 , 01:17 PM | #18
Which surprises me because i have never seen ANYONE ever use the name Lancars. I chose it a long time ago as my net name and now i come back to Swtor and find out someone used it for once. People say get over it but i can't help feel a bit robbed. Like minor identity theft.

Then when i ask about it why i had to change it goes into this big thing in general and people accuse me of being someone else that had the same issue. So its starting to feel extra painful to play my character since i feel robbed and spit on.

*I had to rename my trooper Langroth a fallback name for a dwarf i used in another MMO*
Who is Lancars anyhow?
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

VigDiath
06.03.2013 , 01:19 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
It's not possible to "take" a name that is already is use.
It happened to me with server transfers. A few of my names had to be changed.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

OddballEasyEight
06.03.2013 , 01:20 PM | #20
My name... my REAL name, is Magnus.

I cant use that name in-game because ONE NPC has it...

In sweden that name is about as common as "Gary" is in the US...
But since one single NPC has that name in-game i cannot use it.

So please dont come here with your sobstory about not being able to use your favourite internet name. Just adapt and overcome.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.