Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PC Voice Actors, Male VS Female

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
PC Voice Actors, Male VS Female

JuliaK
06.24.2013 , 05:59 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
opinions.

knight:strictly male,the female sounds like a 12 years old on her school crush
trooper:male,the female just doens't fit,such a role should be held by an strict man with leadership to sell
smuggler:meh,both,male's better tho.
consular:the female voice actor sounds like she has a cold,so male

warrior:male,the female sounds like a 60 years old.
inquisitor:fits a male better but i like the female voice actor too,a female would fit a light sided role. (i can't really imagine a lady being evil or sadic)
agent:male,i can't stand the female's voice,too much emotion for an imperial agent.
bounty hunter:both,i like both equally,the female is sexy and strong and the male is rough and cool.

Wow....sexist much

Kyneris
06.27.2013 , 05:53 PM | #52
Republic
Jedi Consular: Male, Nolan North does a great job delivering the emotions of the situation, the female one just sounds she's on valium.
Jedi Knight: DAVID. HAYTER.
Trooper: Male by default, playing Jennifer Hale breaks immersion for me, she's Satele and Bastila in Star Wars, not some random trooper. She does the job well though.
Smuggler: Female. DEXTER'S MOM. (from dexter's lab)

Empire
Sith Inquisitor: Female, Xanthe Elbrecht delivers the cocky/arrogant lines just better than her male counterpart.
Sith Warrior: Equal. I have an extremely hard time choosing, so I wont. Both deliver their lines perfectly with a highclass accent. The way a Sith Warrior should be.
Bounty Hunter: Male. Grey DeLisle is a great voice-actress but in Star Wars, she's the Handmaiden. Hearing her as another characters hurts my immersion. She does a great job though.
Imperial Agent: Female. Jo Wyatt's voice is audible chocolate, I fell in love with her voice ever since I heard in Dragon Age 2, it's in fact what made me reroll to a female Hawke. Her male counterpart does a good job also though.
"Should we arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics." - Roger Bacon
This is Vireth Danea, my Sith OC.

Kaisernick
06.29.2013 , 05:36 PM | #53
Agent-Male hands down epic
Knight- male but only slight better
Cons- Male but annoying that he also does human male in GW2 but that's just me
Smuggler- Female i think the male just sound like a bad han solo impersonator
Warrior- Male but havnt played much of female so no real reason
Inqui - both Female is good for a physco inq (which mine is ) Male is good for a cold calculating sith
BH- prefer female but was mostly cause i couldn't make a male character i liked.

Kyriosgundam
06.29.2013 , 05:54 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I only played the Imperial characters.

IA and SI is clearly Female > Male, especially IA, Jo Wyatt's voice is great.
SW's male voice over is better, and the story also fit a male character much better. I thought BH would be the same case but Grey did really a good job, I think it's as good as the male voice over, and the story also fit female character well.
I agree the male SI and IA Voices are just plain horrible the female voice actors they used fit those character classes much better. As for SW I have to say that both the male and female fit that class perfectly (though Marauder advanced class seems better suited to female because most of the leg armor is skirts). Same with the Bounty Hunter. The Trooper, Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular the male and female Voice Actors also fit those Classes extremely well. Smuggler haven't played much cause the story puts me to sleep (can never get past Coruscant) so cant make an opinion on the acting until I have.
"The Ability to speak does not make you intelligent"-Qui-Gon
"Much to learn you still have"-Yoda
"Impressive......Most Impressive"-Darth Vader
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"-Obi-Wan

Kaisernick
06.29.2013 , 06:04 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyneris View Post
Republic

Smuggler: Female. DEXTER'S MOM. (from dexter's lab)
did not know that, anouther example of female smuggler VO superior

Euphrosyne
06.29.2013 , 10:18 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
did not know that, anouther example of female smuggler VO superior
Also, Phil and Lil, from Rugrats.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"

ijiisalive
06.30.2013 , 01:21 PM | #57
They're all pretty good, except the Jedi which tend to be fairly boring unless making dark side choices. Particularly love the female Inquisitor who has the greatest drawl since Lucius Malfoy.

Manweth
01.13.2014 , 09:53 AM | #58
David frigging Hayter. Play dark, or at least semi-dark, and you'll see what real talent is.

Also Inquisitor male is just so gosh darn funny. The dude seems to feed on sarcasm, it's like watching Hawke on steroids.
Manwè, Former Vigilance Player and Guardian Advocate.
Former Raider. Eternal Revan Fanboy.
Nothing else matters at this point.

Links_Knight
01.15.2014 , 09:11 PM | #59
I personally think it goes like this

SW = Male
Trooper = Male
Consular = Female
Agent = Female
Knight = Equal
Inquisitor = Female

Not really experienced the others.
“You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else.”

Bleeters
01.15.2014 , 09:33 PM | #60
I universally prefer female to male for every character class. In some cases more closely than others (male warrior and inqusitor are pretty close to their female equivilants, for instance, whilst the gap between my preference for a female or male consular is wide enough to sail an ocean liner down), but still.