Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it worth coming back?

SithKoriandr
06.03.2013 , 07:13 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkLiccioso View Post
No. It is not.
^This.

UNLESS...you like purchasing everything through the Cartel Market! Then it totally is!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Lionflash
06.03.2013 , 07:18 AM | #12
I wouldn't listen to the PVP haters here, I've been enjoying them just fine. I would suggest you start other characters. If you get bored with the end game for your sentinel start a new character (enjoy the new story) and see how that one plays in PVP. If you're like me, you'll discover a class and tree you never thought you would enjoy, Like the Tactics Vanguard for me. (It also helps to switch roles) I've seen people alt from a DPS, to another DPS... say they are bored...and roll another DPS.

Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
UNLESS...you like purchasing everything through the Cartel Market! Then it totally is!
If you have the CCs to spare, you can go for the Cartel Market. If you are wise with your credits you can also buy most of everything off the gtn like I do.

Spatology
06.03.2013 , 07:25 AM | #13
not really worth it, nothing else to play atm =(

islander
06.03.2013 , 07:31 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by mikeoxwells View Post
IF you pvp, get ready for a surprise.
Translation: The answer is no, it's not worth returning if you PvP. Maybe in October, lol.
Gllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

GhostDrone
06.03.2013 , 07:32 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
not really worth it, nothing else to play atm =(
Nothing else to play? Seriously? Do you mean in terms of content? If so;

This person, reportedly, has not been here since JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2011. Do you know how much content that is?

There's PLENTY to do if you're just coming back and you're into PVE, at least.

New ops, flashpoints, HK-51, Makeb + Raised level cap, new daily areas (Although they still get tedious as hell) and a lot of other stuff i'm too lazy to name. If you're someone who's coming back from way back in 2011? It's definitely worth trying all the new stuff out and see if you like it.

Hence why it's recommended to at least go preferred for a little while, then sub.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

Starglitter
06.03.2013 , 07:41 AM | #16
Mmm...

The game is relatively speaking enjoyable, but personally I do not believe its worth the subscription price. Too many of the new features requires real money for the simulated glitter you get at the company store which is a definite turn-off to be a subscriber.

For the subscription price they ask, they are one of the highest priced MMORPGs and the game depth is rather shallow when compared against more mature games who charges less, and don't charge money for every feature that comes standard in so many other MMORPGs.

A pro for SWTOR is that it is a very fast action paced game, with reasonably good story lines, but very single threaded when compared to other MMORPGs who offers you multiple leveling path choices versus the single one for your class in SWTOR.

SWTOR when it gets to character looks is truly inferior to so many other MMORPGs, they did try the modifyable armor as a second hand patch to the rela problem, which frankly does not truly work. If you want to get your gear colored the system is at best ackward and company store driven.

But if you have been away for awhile, play for free and experience the new free content, it is after all reasonably enterteining, of course new game features they are all pay to use, and frankly not worth the money.

Sue

AGSThomas
06.03.2013 , 08:04 AM | #17
It's worth checking out for a month or two.
Medvh - Deception Assassin (PvP DPS)
Domedes - Vengeance Juggernaut (PvP DPS)
Server: 5 Prophecies

DimmuJanKaarl
06.03.2013 , 09:19 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AGSThomas View Post
It's worth checking out for a month or two.
You should definitely find enough to do to last at least that long. I came back after a year hiatus, and have been playing fairly constantly for 2 months. I have 3 55's and 2 50's, and have kept myself busy. Buying the new xpac definitely makes a difference. To save from getting overly bored, i switch between levelling/endgame from rep to imp and back. Honestly though, I could have stopped playing a few weeks ago when I finally "experienced" everything the game has to offer content-wise. Sure I can go back and do the hm/nim version of ops which is a bit more exciting, but essentially it's the same content.

Also, it may help you to know that I have been playing for a solid 2 months since coming back and have not done any pvp content, as I don't do pvp. So I would imagine, depending on the amount of time and frequency of playing, you can keep yourself pretty busy through at least the next 2 major updates (considering 2.2 is coming next week).

Another option, if repetition isn't for you, is you could sub for a month and then go play something else. No reason to stop playing completely. And, while the sub may be relatively expensive compared to other games, F2P is way to aggravating to consider, imo. The limitations they place on f2p are simply incredulous -- well, not from the business perspective as they must be raking in a remarkable amount of money from the CM from all the unlocks people must be buying...

EDIT: one last point: in the past month I have made in-game credits hand over fist. Something like 20 million in about 3 weeks without really trying, and from what i hear I'm pretty credit-poor compared to a lot of other players. So you don't really need to worry about cc's and RL money, if that's a concern. I don't have much interest in the things offered on the CM, except maybe the xp boosts while levelling, but i'm sure you could buy pretty much everything worth having on the gtn without ever spending a single dollar (beyond the sub fee, of course).
**Von-Gorgoroth Legacy** [[Jedi Covenant]] LIVING LEGEND ||MASTER CRAFTSMAN|| //Founder// ::
Dimmu'jan-kaarl 55 Sentinel Jezethra 55 Gunslinger Gel'amina 55 Sage Lytherila 55 Vanguard
Melitina 55 Sniper Karintha 55 Sorcerer ma 55 Powertech Lilithra 55 Juggernaut

aeterno
06.03.2013 , 09:31 AM | #19
Depends why you left.

If PvP was fun for you back then chances are good it'll still be fun now meaning a comeback stint being worth it. If you quit cos you absolutely can't stand how pvp is conceptually set up in this game and/or world pvp then no, not worth it.

Thundergulch
06.03.2013 , 10:16 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Starglitter View Post
Mmm...

The game is relatively speaking enjoyable, but personally I do not believe its worth the subscription price. Too many of the new features requires real money for the simulated glitter you get at the company store which is a definite turn-off to be a subscriber.

For the subscription price they ask, they are one of the highest priced MMORPGs and the game depth is rather shallow when compared against more mature games who charges less, and don't charge money for every feature that comes standard in so many other MMORPGs.
This is complete fail.
Highest priced? By what? 1 dollar per month?
The stuff that requires real money is TOTALLY OPTIONAL.
As a subscriber you get everything, except fluff.
Fluff is not required to play this game.