Is there a dev response on crafted 54 purples BiS for pvp?

JP_Legatus

I'm actually ok with these bugs, I'm just going to start using them if they don't get fixed. I just don't want to spend a million credits on augmenting a new gear set only to have it fixed the next day

If they said they were fixing it or not, one way or the other I'd know what to do

I like it because it means anyone with enough credits to buy purples and augments can get BiS pvp gear in a couple hours, so I don't have to grind anymore

Edited by JP_Legatus

BOLSTER IS AWESOME. For the 2 low brackets, but for 55 it killed the gear grind, i did exactly what the guy above me said, i am simply abusing bolster on my operative but it made it very boring with nothing to work toward. So with 2 55s, one pvp geared the other bolstered glitched...all i do now is i run lowbies.

I pvp to level, i pvp at max level... i love pvp but lv55 pvp is broken...pointless gear grind...wont keep me occupied...fun but no reward for my effort

MMORPG....take away RPG for pvp now...this is street fighter with new costumes

Edited by Megachronic

BOLSTER IS AWESOME. For the 2 low brackets, but for 55 it killed the gear grind, i did exactly what the guy above me said, i am simply abusing bolster on my operative but it made it very boring with nothing to work toward. So with 2 55s, one pvp geared the other bolstered glitched...all i do now is i run lowbies.

I pvp to level, i pvp at max level... i love pvp but lv55 pvp is broken...pointless gear grind...wont keep me occupied...fun but no reward for my effort

I dont understand how a lack of a gear grind leads to a lack of RPG in a MMO, my experience is MMO's often drift away from the RPG factor when they focus to much on gear grind and all that....

If you were to question me on where TOR lost it's RPG element, it was from day one when they put far too much emphasis on vendor top gear/items, over top crafted gear/items.... There is no sense of a player driven economy or really anything because of all this. I have returned recently to the game after being gone over a year and it does seem BW has made some improvements but the problem very much still exist. (ie: artificers can make dyes but they pale in comparison to the cartel ones... which are simply much more attractive colors, and thus in far greater demand).

This game is not player driven, it is NPC and Developer driven... that is why it has lost its RPG element, not merely because of pvp being broken and as you say "lacking a gear grind".

Edited by Shadow_Ordo

I dont understand how a lack of a gear grind leads to a lack of RPG in a MMO, my experience is MMO's often drift away from the RPG factor when they focus to much on gear grind and all that....

If you were to question me on where TOR lost it's RPG element, it was from day one when they put far too much emphasis on vendor top gear/items, over top crafted gear/items.... There is no sense of a player driven economy or really anything because of all this. I have returned recently to the game after being gone over a year and it does seem BW has made some improvements but the problem very much still exist. (ie: artificers can make dyes but they pale in comparison to the cartel ones... which are simply much more attractive colors, and thus in far greater demand).

This game is not player driven, it is NPC and Developer driven... that is why it has lost its RPG element, not merely because of pvp being broken and as you say "lacking a gear grind".

Have you EVER played an RPG without gear progression? Really, even Final Fantasy you got new gear to epuip. "Progression" is what make an RPG fun for me....how am I progressing my 55s as a pvper(if i already have skills to pay tha biils). the gear doesnt even look great compared to cartel market items. So where is my progression without a gear grind that is worth it.

Edited by Megachronic

I'm not sure why you feel that wasting time grinding to play the game is better than wasting time ACTUALLY PLAYING and then doing something else when you're tired of it. If the content was good you wouldn't stop playing. You people do realize that grinding is merely a method of getting you to spend more time playing the game right? It's a catch to get people with too much free time to spend more money on their game.

The reason I made this thread was not to complain about crafted gear being BiS, it's to ask whether my 1million credit investment in augmented crafted purples will go to waste on tuesday.

Edited by JP_Legatus

That's a lie. You don't "PVP to level" and then need rewards to PVP at 55. It doesn't make any sense. If you're genuinely PVP'ing to get from 10 to 55 you're not going to care that you don't get any rewards *AT* 55.

One of the biggest problem with PVP honestly is people who suck at it that just do their daily every day or try to get carried through their weekly. These people are the bane of my existence when there's more than a couple of them on my team. They're also the guys that roll a tank, 0 protection at the end of the match, refuse to guard anyone and do 20k damage and say, "Well, I was focusing on objectives."

So adding more gear rewards to PVP is definitely not what I want. I don't want those (you) guys in my PVP at all.

Eve Online (larger than this game still in terms of subscriptions) and GW 2 are two very popular MMO style games that have no gear progression at all. People still PVP plenty in those games (as they'd say in Eve) "for the lulz".

Edited by dcgregorya