Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

this might have been done before but LFG :(

CrazyGreggy
06.04.2013 , 04:57 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post
How about..... you're tanking a FP, and the Sentinel in the group (or other dps) keeps initiating combat either on trash or bosses, because he thinks he's uber. Sure, the healer can keep him alive, and you can jump in after him, but the amount of work you have to do, to TAKE aggro away from a dps who jumped in before you, versus the tank jumping in first and building threat is a whole different ballgame, and makes the tank work a lot harder than he has to. I have actually gotten to the point, that when a dps takes the alpha on a fight, I let him keep it. Only takes a few deaths to rack up a DPS's repair bill, before they stop doing that.
A million times this. I roll tanks and healers mainly, I do have a gunslinger that is effectively my raiding main but if either a tank or healer is missing, I will bring whichever toon my raid leader tells me to. I can heal bad groups through content, had to do it in Cademimu HM last night with a single-target tank who never once burned his free Explosive Surges or used Energy Blast, but tanking for bad groups makes my blood boil. If a sentinel/marauder leaps in first, I'll either lay down the ultimatum immediately that the group will be waiting for a new tank if it happens again, or if I'm low on time and can see the run dragging on and on then I cut my losses and bail on the spot.

Accuse me of being a prima donna all you like, but it's my time and repair bills these clowns are imposing on if I let them.

lpez
06.06.2013 , 07:49 AM | #12
I have a Healer as my main and a Tank, that at times can be confused as my main because its easier to find good healers than tanks. Anyway getting back on track as you see I don't have a DPS toon even thou I still consider it lots of fun, well I'm just not good at it (my tank has better DPS in tank spec and gear than my heals in DPS spec and gear), so I depend a lot on finding real good DPS to clear the content. The best idea I can give you is to become a good DPS (learn the tactics, your skill tree, read mechanics of battles before going into new content, if you have taunts or heals learn to use them when things are going bad, reposition a boss when tank died, off heal yourself a bit) and make friends with tanks and heals. I almost always que or join an ops with a DPS friend who I know knows the content and has great DPS, because it just plain makes things easier.

Mowermanx
06.06.2013 , 08:19 AM | #13
I stopped pugging my tank a couple of weeks ago, got my gear to a certain point, and now only doing raids with friends and guild. never going to do any FPs as theres nothing that I want or need from them, though I did briefly think about gearing up a companion, but Its just not worth the aggro for the rewards on offer after a certain point in your progression.
For me, I really is difficult to think of anything that would make me want to que up again on my tank. Maybe some extra rewards as mentioned by an earlier post, but I'm not really sure.
Maybe a cool title and speeder from tanking x amount FP and Ops via GF? Though it may not help as more tanks stay in closed groups and guilds.

The only thing I can think of that would definitely ease the problem is making it more fun and much easier to do.

Caelrie
06.07.2013 , 01:32 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post
How about..... you're tanking a FP, and the Sentinel in the group (or other dps) keeps initiating combat either on trash or bosses, because he thinks he's uber. Sure, the healer can keep him alive, and you can jump in after him, but the amount of work you have to do, to TAKE aggro away from a dps who jumped in before you, versus the tank jumping in first and building threat is a whole different ballgame, and makes the tank work a lot harder than he has to
You think that makes YOU work hard. Try being the healer who knows that on some pulls, if that dumb sentinel goes down you'll wipe because there won't be enough DPS... And so she's gotta keep both his stupid self alive AND you.

That's stress.

Kawabonga
06.07.2013 , 04:35 AM | #15
Cross server queue will only make matters worse. In every server there's too many dps "because that's how they roll", making cross queues will only increase the number of those dps, and increase queue times for dps. You wanna run flashpoints? Roll a tank yourself.
I can guarantee that the vast majority of tanks that are already fully geared won't run more than 3 flashpoints per week, unless they're helping a friend to gear up.

KnyghtmareX
06.09.2013 , 07:50 AM | #16
The Only Reason you are waiting 2hrs for a Q (Which is crazy) is because you a DPS i to am a DPS but i dont wait 2hrs like many people said get yourself a Good Active group of friends and Play regularly with them and you will always get invites from them when they are going to q for HM FPs. DPS are so freaking over populated on every server that a Cross Realm que is just going to make wait times 4 times as long and just like in WOW it will encourage Ninja Looting even more.

How ever a great idea would be to have a Chat Channel for LFG so no mater what planet your on some one can talk and find other people LFG. DCUO recently did this and it makes finding people for groups so much easier instead of just Queuing and waiting.
Black Blade Brigade (Guild Leader)
The Harbinger (Most Lag filled sever on SWTOR)
Main - Jandahar 55 PT (Pyro DPS)
Alt - Bel'tor Gunslinger

ScytheEleven
06.09.2013 , 09:05 AM | #17
I do 55's on my main (a tank), but only do 3 flashpoints a week for the weekly. I HATE having to que up solo, because I never know what kind of DPS I'm going to get. Seeing as how I'm a tank, I just wait until my guildies or friends come on that I know are well-geared and run 55's with them. It's also more fun, and faster.

nabcobra
06.09.2013 , 11:28 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by KnyghtmareX View Post

How ever a great idea would be to have a Chat Channel for LFG so no mater what planet your on some one can talk and find other people LFG. DCUO recently did this and it makes finding people for groups so much easier instead of just Queuing and waiting.
I think this is the best idea I have heard so far but I'm not entirely sure this would work either. If there is a tank on another planet looking to do a FP why would they not be queued all ready? Normally I sign in, queue for my FP and then start grinding my dailies or crafting. By the time I'm done I've found my group. Granted I do queue as a HEALER so this might be why it is easier.

I agree that doing cross server will only slow things down but I dont like the idea of letting the members of the group decide weather or not someone gets the grab-bag, too many trolls for that. And I also agree that the best way to solve this problem would be to join a guild, however this is tempered because even within guilds a lot of times you are low on tanks there as mine is ATM.

Spyderwraith
06.11.2013 , 10:53 AM | #19
Why would cross-server ques solve anything? The main issue appears to be lack of tanks and healers because niether player tank and healer want to run with Derp pugs. As such Server 1 would have the same issue as server 2 as i'm almost certain the Tanks and healers dont wanna run with derp pugs regardless of what server they are on

MichelvanMeerten
06.11.2013 , 04:13 PM | #20
Plenty of tanks and healers are already geared up to the waazoo and don't queue anymore. Myself included. Nothing worth buying from comms. All my companions are in full BM gear and even some with Verpine gear.

Why bother queueing?