Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch Notes 2.4 : Galactic Conflicts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP

erfilijo
06.02.2013 , 06:48 AM | #1
02/10/2013

We are happy to announce the implementation of game update 2.4 "Galactic Conflicts". This update will bring significant improvements to your PvP experience. With this update, we hope to respond to the more competitive players. Here are the major changes to come.

General
  • Global improvement of warzone performance. During warzones, a bug where overall performances were reduced has been corrected.
  • The Probability of entering two identical warzones have been considerably reduced.
  • Bolster in level 55 warzones has been reworked, so that endgame operation gear would have less impact.

Classes
  • Minor balancing changes to adapt all classes to arena combat.

PvP
  • Warzone queues are now common to all region servers (US, UE). This means you will be able to fight against teams from other servers. We chose to implement this to reduce the average queue time for all players.
  • Official opening of Ranked Warzones season 1. In consequence, a new tier of PvP gear will be available. PvP index will be necessary to buy such gear.
  • For each server, a real time ranking of the best guilds will be available on the official SWTOR. site, in a brand new section.
  • Duels are now authorized on each faction's fleet in a dedicated training room.

Frontlines
  • A new type of massive battle : the Frontlines. It consists in a large warzone with 5 distinct strategical zones that will have to be captured and controlled till the end of the allotted time. This battle will take place every 3 hours, and will finish after a maximum delay of 20 minutes. Each team will be composed of the 40 players on the queue with the higher valor rank.At the end of the warzone, each player will receive a reward proportionnal to the zones controlled and defended successfully by their faction.

Cartel Arenas
  • We will implement a new system of small-group PvP. Reserved to hardened PvP players, the Cartel arenas are only available to players having attained Valor Rank 60.
  • Players will fight in groups of 4 against 4 in three random arenas : the Geonosis Coliseum, the New Mandalore arena, and the Hutt's lair.
  • Fighting in the Cartel Arenas will considerably infulence your PvP index ! The higher your PvP index is, the harder to defeat your enemies will be.
  • The Cartel Arenas will be the only way to increase your Valor Rank to 110.

Space Warzones
  • A whole new warzone, entirely dedicated to space fighting, will be implemented ! For the first time in SWTOR, players will be able to engage in space combat, using their very own ships ! More info regarding this will come soon.

Missions
  • New Daily and Weekly PvP missions are to be implemented, so that PvP players can extend their PvP experience and the variety of their PvP activities.

Obviously, I invented this 2.4 patch notes myself, it is solely an invention. But you gotta admit, it would be so great to have such an update, don't you think ? Thus you are more than welcome to comment or leave your opinion on the PvP changes I suggested for SWTOR.Thanks for reading this post and for your comments.

Translated by Mana (Haze / Hyperion)
Chandris - <SuperNova> - Dark Nihilus
http://supernova-swtor.enjin.com/

Vaerah
06.02.2013 , 06:51 AM | #2
You make sense, this is why the above "patch" will never come.

duigha
06.02.2013 , 06:53 AM | #3
Oh man, you almost made me cry...

If half of this became true, It would be awesome.

Nice invention, btw

falgarr
06.02.2013 , 06:55 AM | #4
With the amount of "content" SWTOR has been recieving so far, it will be 2020 until we get anything like that.

Yeochins
06.02.2013 , 06:56 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by erfilijo View Post
[SIZE="4"]
Obviously, I invented this 2.4 patch notes myself, it is solely an invention. But you gotta admit, it would be so great to have such an update, don't you think ? Thus you are more than welcome to comment or leave your opinion on the PvP changes I suggested for SWTOR.Thanks for reading this post and for your comments.

Traducted by Mana (Haze / Hyperion)
Pretty funny read.

Jayshames
06.02.2013 , 07:02 AM | #6
When really;

02/10/2013

We are happy to announce the implementation of game update 2.4 "Galactic Conflicts". This update will bring significant improvements to your PvP experience. With this update, we hope to respond to the more competitive players. Here are the major changes to come !

PvP
  • Made some minor tweaks to the bolster system.

-----------------

Nah just kidding (at least I hope).
I really hope they do something great for 2.4, the invcentives to PvP at the moment are almost nothing. Also feels more like a chore than enjoyment.

MotorCityMan
06.02.2013 , 07:07 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaerah View Post
You make sense, this is why the above "patch" will never come.
Do not attempt this level of cynicism at home.

Bobombo
06.02.2013 , 07:10 AM | #8
omg, this would be like the best patch notes since release. while reading it, i was like "what the f.. and ****, im soooo damn happy now because bioware made it"
but unfortunately its only a fake and this made me reallly sad
bioware should take this invented patch notes as an example.

ToMyMa
06.02.2013 , 07:20 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobombo View Post
omg, this would be like the best patch notes since release. while reading it, i was like "what the f.. and ****, im soooo damn happy now because bioware made it"
but unfortunately its only a fake and this made me reallly sad
bioware should take this invented patch notes as an example.
I was like "Holy... I am very happy 'bout this update now!"

But no...

AnteJeebuz
06.02.2013 , 07:38 AM | #10
I cannot express my feelings on this site for you right now after realizing this was fake.
I play TOFN -- TRE -- Bastion -- Shadowlands
Griz/Gio/Tony/Krealic and other variations