Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

when should a 55 dps start attempting the 55 hm flashpoints?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
when should a 55 dps start attempting the 55 hm flashpoints?

06.01.2013 , 09:01 PM | #1
me and my friend main the heals and tank role. but when hes not around i play my dps assassin.

Question is when is the time to start attempting for it? is the pristine gear (basic comm gear) really necessary to fit the role i do? or can i just go in with a mix of black hole and pristine?

thank you.

06.01.2013 , 10:07 PM | #2
Fully min/maxed black hole is better than stock basic gear where you have not swapped any mods and enhancements.

If you want decent "66" gear go craft some.

06.01.2013 , 10:20 PM | #3
I started doing them when i had a good amount of gear rated 156 it helps you out alot
Black Blade Brigade (Guild Leader)
The Harbinger (Most Lag filled sever on SWTOR)
Main - Jandahar 60 PT (Adv Proto DPS)
Alt - Bel'tor Gunslinger

06.01.2013 , 11:33 PM | #4
A safe bet is full dread guard/hazmat gear.

06.02.2013 , 03:40 AM | #5
Mix of black hole and basic gear is fine, especially if you know what you're doing. Lots of basic-level gear can be crafted, so you can also just go buy/make some of that if you want to be better geared to start.

06.02.2013 , 05:07 AM | #6
It depends on who you get grouped with, and how well you play your class. A lot of bosses are possible to 3-man with a good dps.
Jennifér - Marauder

The Red Eclipse

06.02.2013 , 07:33 AM | #7
Make sure you have gear appropriate to your role and all black hole or higher gear. Still to this day you see people que with green lvl 45 implants, not a single augment...of any level, and tanks with mostly dps gear on. Keep in mind blackhole gear is level 50 and you are Qing for a lvl 55 flashpoint. All the advanced 66 mods, implants, and earpieces are quick and cheap to research and craft. DON'T be lazy. If you do, at least thank the group at the start for carrying you.

I don't want to start a gear score debate, but wish the groupfinder restricted those who's gear is too low.

06.02.2013 , 07:46 AM | #8
Partisan gear or buy the 66 mods from GTN is really easy 55 HM's.

06.02.2013 , 08:31 AM | #9
buying a full set of epic 66 mods isnt that expensive unfortunately you can only craft the lettered mods but is enough to start HMs, I actually was in the same boat as you with my sin and i was like crazy nervous about sucking (not sure why since i was clearing these no problem with my mains((both imp and pub side)) who were in DG). As long as your group isnt horribad you should have no issues even in itemized camp/BH since its not that big of a step up from 61 to 66 gear, you do gain a ton of endurance which helps immensely.

For reference here is my sin's AMR
Only the main 7 pieces are augmented since i plan to use this same gear as my sage when/if it ever hits 53

06.02.2013 , 09:29 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
Partisan gear or buy the 66 mods from GTN is really easy 55 HM's.
Exactly what I do when leveling a new character, buy the 66 mods from the GTN, and gear yourself out. If you know your class and spec, you won't have any issues beating the enrage timers with that gear. Then continue to progressively gear your character.

Buying the 66 armoring/mods/enhancements is much quicker than grinding out the old BH Coms for gear, and much more effective. Then use the BH Coms you get from running the dailies to gear your Companions.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination - Pirana