Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.2 Tank Builds

THoK-Zeus
10.04.2013 , 01:59 PM | #171
@Rebel_Guy: Did a quick calculation and it would just become viable when tanks would get more then ~8k dps. So it's not valuable for current Content, but the difference is not that big actually.

Kordi
10.07.2013 , 04:54 AM | #172
The numbers in 1-t post is relevant for the current version, with 78 lvl gear?

THoK-Zeus
10.07.2013 , 08:02 AM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by Kordi View Post
The numbers in 1-t post is relevant for the current version, with 78 lvl gear?
No, there's not enough data so far to determine current attack type percentages. From a very general looking over my data the values of force/tech e/k will be slightly higher then on sv hm, so absorb and shield rating might be slighty more viable.

_REDRUM_
10.07.2013 , 10:49 AM | #174
I thought the stat budget would a bit higher.
Mod = 69*9 = 621
Enhancement = (94+39)*7 = 931
Implant/Earpiece = (94+110)*3 = 612
Augment 32*14 = 448
Stim = 70
Total = 2682
Total + Def Proc Relic = 2721

Do I miss something?

KeyboardNinja
10.07.2013 , 11:50 AM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by THoK-Zeus View Post
No, there's not enough data so far to determine current attack type percentages. From a very general looking over my data the values of force/tech e/k will be slightly higher then on sv hm, so absorb and shield rating might be slighty more viable.
It seems to vary based on Op (again, and unfortunately). DP seems to have a lot more F/T than DF, while DF looks depressingly like SV in a lot of ways (e.g. Nefra). So, as a rough estimate, I've been dithering between the TfB and SV stat allocations. Ultimately, I think we'll still be stuck with two separate gear sets. :-(
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

dipstik
10.07.2013 , 11:56 AM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by _REDRUM_ View Post
I thought the stat budget would a bit higher.
Mod = 69*9 = 621
Enhancement = (94+39)*7 = 931
Implant/Earpiece = (94+110)*3 = 612
Augment 32*14 = 448
Stim = 70
Total = 2682
Total + Def Proc Relic = 2721

Do I miss something?
yeah, i was a bit off due to implant/ear not being enhancement+mod (108) but 110 (just trusting you put the actual value). so i was off by 2*3=6 (2682-2676). also, i try not to include def. proc relic static contribution because that is part of my relic comparison that i do. for including relic contributions i suggest using tor-tank.com

thanks for the info. trying not to have to redo all my 2.4 numbers after i make the thread.

_REDRUM_
10.07.2013 , 12:42 PM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
yeah, i was a bit off due to implant/ear not being enhancement+mod (108) but 110 (just trusting you put the actual value). so i was off by 2*3=6 (2682-2676). also, i try not to include def. proc relic static contribution because that is part of my relic comparison that i do. for including relic contributions i suggest using tor-tank.com

thanks for the info. trying not to have to redo all my 2.4 numbers after i make the thread.
I see. I was comparing mine (+ def proc relic) with yours (w/o def proc relic) so the different looked kinda odd.
I guess I have been gearing slightly off because I add relic to my stat budget and distribute points based on the numbers you calculated.

On a side note, I am starting to think having a set of gear per encounter seem to be a good idea. Some fights need almost 0 defense while others need 700+. I am also curious how long does it take you to calculate stat budget.

dipstik
10.07.2013 , 12:51 PM | #178
now that im using excel solver its much faster. i used to use lagrange multipliers in maple and that took about 15 mins to spit out 3 numbers... now its milliseconds. i just have to make sure im not locking myself into local extrema by choosing good starting locations for the fields.

the hardest part is making sure all the assumptions have been taken into account and are correct (and assumptions are different for every analyst)

JowyBlight
10.12.2013 , 01:08 AM | #179
So with 2.4 any new data on what defensive stats should be for on full 78 Vanguard tanks yet?

KeyboardNinja
10.12.2013 , 05:45 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by JowyBlight View Post
So with 2.4 any new data on what defensive stats should be for on full 78 Vanguard tanks yet?
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616779
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)