Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquer your nightmares

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iv_Priest
06.06.2013 , 11:03 PM | #41
Why don't you guys work on making some level 55 Flashpoints so we can get gear to do Operations instead of running the same old level 50 Operations and Flashpoints??? Can we get some new content please? I shouldn't have to do level 50 FP's and Ops to gear myself for level 55 content.

Thanks
Server-Darth Sion
Character-Jøker
Republic

Ansalem
06.08.2013 , 07:57 AM | #42
the only thing nightmarish about the "new" operation is that BW thinks putting out a new mode with 1 new mechanic per fight is considered new. Considering the hyp they put out over how difficult nightmare modes are supposed to be they sure put very little effort into making them challenging. The content is still easy because we have been doing the same damned fights for over 9 friggin months by the time nightmare mode comes out. They either need to bring nightmare mode out at the same time as an operation is released or just do away with it. Because nightmare modes are no where near nightmarish when 30% of raid teams are able to clear the content.
Also, BW give us something that is actually new! recycling the same crap over and over again is just going to piss off your raiders especially the few remaining hardcore raiding groups left in this game. Give us an actual new operation or new flash points or new content of someform instead of recycled old content. Swear we have been killing kephess in some form for 1 year and 2 months now!

Kcin_Trebla
06.10.2013 , 03:09 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
First : And those are people that set and play all day everyday boosting themselves in a few days. They aren't the vast majority of players. If they get bored and unsub that's their own fault and I don't feel sorry for them or think they deserve any special treatment. Yes, I think it's too soon.

Second: I wasn't talking about a bug, I was simply saying there needs to me more ways to get Ultimate comms, as well as trading in Elite comms for them as well. Elite comms are pretty useless to me now on two of my 55's. I need more 72's.

Furthermore, Bioware needs to focus on bug fixing now. Not new content. This game is more glitched and bugged than ANY other MMO out there by far. There is no excuse for it. I played Guild Wars for years and can only recalls 3 bugs I EVER experienced. I played Guild Wars 2 for awhile and never had a single bug. Yet, there are bugs in SWTOR every single day, and some I see just logging in.
I fully agree actually and this is the point.
I know it could be "hardcore players" will come back for this 2.2 and pay 1 month Subscription again, then just un-sub after few days in accomplishing their goals. So I hope BW has 2.3 already set up and ready to be deployed or they'll find themselves at the starting point the next coming month.
But this sounds really odd: what is best for an industry? Count on occasional customers or more costant ones?
They will answer themselves with their long-term purposes (if they have any).

Thufir_Hawat
06.10.2013 , 05:56 AM | #44
Most of the fights have more than one mechanic added. Based on PTS I think that TFB may dissapoint a couple fo the guilds walking round in BiS 72 but for the majority of players I think this will be a nice step up in difficulty which will keep them occupied for a while.

In the future what I would love to see are more bosses like dreadtooth that sit outisde of the gear progression and as such can be ramped up to boardline impossible for the top guilds to race to kill over months. This model makes sense to me as it still means above average players can keep stepping up the gear progression but the real elite guilds have a challenge worth targeting.

This may very well be what the next bonus boss represents.

DarthVengeant
06.11.2013 , 03:28 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
If they did nothing but fix bugs their hardcore crowd would leave and take their money with them, they'd have no money to make new content and they'd abandon the game. Every MMO has to balance fixing bugs and releasing new content. Nice hyperbole though.
Then I guess the "hardcore" crowd enjoys playing a bugged out game. I dont. The amount of bugs in this game far surpasses any other MMO out there. Its inexcusable.

"hardcore" gamers are elitists and frankly ruin gaming and every game they play.

Canmore
06.11.2013 , 04:21 AM | #46
the rehash of old content and new gear grind is hardly premium game development .. the hard core raiders will have it beat within days and be foaming at the mouth for more . meanwhile good ideas like competitive swoop racing will get ignored

DarthVengeant
06.11.2013 , 01:42 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
the rehash of old content and new gear grind is hardly premium game development .. the hard core raiders will have it beat within days and be foaming at the mouth for more . meanwhile good ideas like competitive swoop racing will get ignored
!00% agreed. All the bug fixing this game desperately needs gets ignored so the egomaniac "hardcore" crowd can get a week of something to do before they rush through it and start complaining again. These people are what ruins the game for the rest of us.

AshlaBoga
06.12.2013 , 02:06 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
!00% agreed. All the bug fixing this game desperately needs gets ignored so the egomaniac "hardcore" crowd can get a week of something to do before they rush through it and start complaining again. THESE PSEUDO NIGHTMARE OPERATIONS ARE WHAT RUIN THE GAME.

Players aren't going through Nightmare Operations in a single day because they're hardcore, they're going through them in a single day because they're A) exact same as the PTS and B) not even close to Vanilla Naxx, the Sunwell, Yogg-Saron with with zero Keepers (Alone in the Dark), pre-nerf Heroic 25 man LK.

The only tough content that we've had in SWTOR thus far was NiM Kephess, and they nerfed enrage timer the 16 man after one guild cleared it
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

DarthVengeant
06.13.2013 , 09:58 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Players aren't going through Nightmare Operations in a single day because they're hardcore, they're going through them in a single day because they're A) exact same as the PTS and B) not even close to Vanilla Naxx, the Sunwell, Yogg-Saron with with zero Keepers (Alone in the Dark), pre-nerf Heroic 25 man LK.

The only tough content that we've had in SWTOR thus far was NiM Kephess, and they nerfed enrage timer the 16 man after one guild cleared it
Please dont take my text and reword it. Thanx. And I have no idea what half you said is.