Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sages are Viable DPS, always ... mostly ... sorta ...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Sages are Viable DPS, always ... mostly ... sorta ...

deceptweb
05.31.2013 , 11:45 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by namesaretough View Post
We've already determined you're still living in 1.7, just retire.
You cut me deep.
Thinmints - GM of Severity Gaming
16M NiM TFB and SV World First
Twitch Account

namesaretough
05.31.2013 , 11:50 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Nibbon View Post
Is that a real question? Yeah I like sage dps in my raid but I wouldn't take more than two. I also like at least two sage healers, so that's a lot of sages. Viable.
If you had 4 or 5 sage dps who matched your numbers on every fight, would you bench all but one (+you makes 2) of them because of their class?

Nibbon
05.31.2013 , 12:13 PM | #13
If you had 4 or 5 sage dps who matched your numbers on every fight, would you bench all but one (+you makes 2) of them because of their class?
Depends on how many gunslingers I have :-)

Plus a couple sentinels, at least, so I can cycle them in and boost finals numbers.

Grimsblood
05.31.2013 , 01:31 PM | #14
http://s3.mmoguildsites.com/s3/galle...png?1370010965 Me above Fenrir because he is a noob (is that calling out? please don't ban me).
I am going to have to start stacking sentinels in my group

I'm going to pull the old "vanilla wow rogue" excuse... My class isn't op, the good players all just rolled gunslingers and snipers!
+1

Quote: Originally Posted by deceptweb View Post
I was with you until I saw shadows... YOU CRAZY!?!
Old Troll is Old, no?
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

Kindran
05.31.2013 , 02:23 PM | #15
Is that a real question? Yeah I like sage dps in my raid but I wouldn't take more than two. I also like at least two sage healers, so that's a lot of sages. Viable.
I agree with this as the more balance/madness specs you have (sage/shadow/sorcerer/assassin) the lower each ones dps becomes. This happens because of how Force in Balance and Deathfield stacks work with other classes DoT's.

The more Madness/Balance specs you have the more Mind Crush or Crushing Darkness steals the stacks from your other DoTs. MC/CD are the weakest damage per hit DoTs we have and they are the ones that tick most often, once per second. If you have 2 Madness/Balance specs in your raid the FiB/DF stacks will be gone within an average of 5-6 seconds. This would leave both players with ~10 seconds of unmodified DoT damage.

This problem is a lot worse with 3+ in the raid. It is also a lot worse if you have a TK/Lightning Sorc in the group stealing stacks with their lower damage DoTs. Sure MC/CD damage would be extra high, but our overall damage becomes lower.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death's demise shall arise when Life's creation nullifies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kindran <Carnage Gaming> (The Shadowlands)

JDotter
05.31.2013 , 03:14 PM | #16
Please delete thread they can't know we're fine more buffs plz.

EDIT: Why is 16HM kephess dps so low? Weird

Also to all of you sorc/sages that only beat me after using the derp relics