Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hey Look At Me- I'm A Sensational PvP Bug, Fix Me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Hey Look At Me- I'm A Sensational PvP Bug, Fix Me
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Knite_Gilnorn
06.21.2013 , 10:34 AM | #301
Quote: Originally Posted by Stncold View Post
We?

People who want bolster removed completely are the minority, so there's no "we". Lower levels in a bracket or fresh 55's shouldn't have a much harder time because they are lower level or haven't done the gear grind yet.

It just needs to be fixed, and possibly taken out of ranked. Even that's a big possibly because if bolster gets more new teams and kickballs queuing so the ranked scene is more active, then fix it and let it stay.
I'm sorry, but I was specifically meaning end game bolster. Lower than max lvl bolster is fine and evens out the playing field for those lower lvl then others; which is what bolster should do. No reason for it to be there at max lvl since everyone is lvl 55 and with the item progression i suggested fresh 55s wouldn't have a harder time unless they chose to not buy from crafters/trade comms for gear.

The post i made before right before Eric's last post explained everything. It might have been to long for some people to read, or the fact that Eric posted right after i did and drew all attention my post might have had away and to those yellow letters lol.

Knite_Gilnorn
06.21.2013 , 10:44 AM | #302
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
Actually, they'd be better off to dump bolster and Expertise altogether, get rid of the PvP only gear and move on.
Yeah, let's have nothing earned from PvP. People love to do something and not earn anything from it. Let's remove the PvE gear too and just only have crafted gear? (sarcastic)

While I agree there shouldn't be bolster at max lvl, there still should be something that PvP will get you beside PvP only med pack that people can strive for. Lots of us like to earn/accomplish something for our time spent in-game. Removing PvP gear would remove a huge aspect of that.

BoushhDC
06.21.2013 , 11:14 AM | #303
Quote: Originally Posted by SithApreantace View Post
So it's not BiS, it's LSuiS now. I like it! Let's all wear white gear. I haven't tried it but I bet there's and good new exploit in there.

All joking aside, I'd demand they fix what they broke before asking them to nerf the work-around. In this case, I specifically mean that if they fix Conqueror Relics to make them work (right now, for many/most people, only one will proc regardless of the combination or slot in which they are equipped, making the other a useless waste of item slot and Commendations) then BW won't need to do anything to render Matrix Cubes worthless.

I swear, people need to have the stick (nerf bat) surgically removed, and by extension, the pathological need to label *everything* as an "exploit". omg >.< lol
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved. --Sun Tzu

Savej
06.21.2013 , 03:23 PM | #304
Quote: Originally Posted by Knite_Gilnorn View Post
Yeah, let's have nothing earned from PvP. People love to do something and not earn anything from it. Let's remove the PvE gear too and just only have crafted gear? (sarcastic)
Make the pvp reward gear the same as the pve gear. That's how it used to be in other games.

Knite_Gilnorn
06.22.2013 , 12:21 AM | #305
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
Make the pvp reward gear the same as the pve gear. That's how it used to be in other games.
It's a lot easier to get gear in PvP than PvE. Even if you're the worst PvPer ever in the worst teams ever you can still end up getting top tier PvP gear. Not really the case in PvE, least not to the same extent. So having it like that would just make people feel forced to PvP for the end game gear unless they wanted to take longer and get it via PvE.

Just read my post above Erics last post and see my suggested fix. It would avoid all these issues while fixing others.