Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hey Look At Me- I'm A Sensational PvP Bug, Fix Me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Hey Look At Me- I'm A Sensational PvP Bug, Fix Me
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Morde_
06.18.2013 , 12:40 PM | #261
Back to the top.
Scold
<Hey im washed up>
carried by jonie

abhaxus
06.18.2013 , 04:31 PM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by adiwantinova View Post
I don't know why they won't just take anything that isn't with +expertise on it & just force it into 90% of the base stats for Partisan.

Have Underworld min/maxed gear? Congratulations! You have 90% of Partisan base stats.

Exploiting level 54 purple unmoddable Power stacking? Congratulations! You have 90% of Partisan base stats.

Completely naked? Congratulations! You get no stats (why would you be naked?).

The only thing that I'd be okay with them doing beyond this would be them applying PVE set bonuses to the 90% of Partisan bolstering. I can even be convinced that this can go away in pvp, too.
This is the exact idea I proposed in this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=635206

It's the best way to fix bolster. If someone joins a wz with a pve piece that has no expertise, they are awarded a default amount if stats relative to the partisan equivalent. For example with completely made up stats:

Pve crit mod of +52 end, +66 willpower, +50 crit gets replaced with +39 end, +59 wp, +38 expertise, +22 crit in warzones. They just program the bolster system to look at what stats are on the gear and award the 90% partisan equivalent.
Abhaxus - Sorc heal/dps | Op-haxus - op heals | Buubi'sett - PT | Snugglenaut - Jugg hybrid | Wayward'son - sniper | Abhaxuus - Mara | Weezles - Scoundrel | A▀haxus - Sage | Spankasin - tankasin | A▀hole - Commando

adiwantinova
06.18.2013 , 06:54 PM | #263
^ good to know others think logically. I won't take credit for it (obviously), but it's the most logical & scalable way to eliminate the gear gap, and still provide enough opportunity for highly skilled players to immediately make an impact with a fresh 55.
ADI-WAN TINOVA
Adi-Wan, Sentinel | Theresee, Sage | Kahlvin, Guardian
The Shadowlands | <RotJ> | <Triumph>

ParagonAX
06.19.2013 , 08:39 AM | #264
BW do you seriously still do not have a fix? A game breaking bug like this is usually hotfixed in a day from competent developers.
GM of <Triumph>

BubblŰs | Missbehavýn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Radýance | Ggclose

The <Confirmed> Legacy

Consider supporting me and Triumph by clicking my referral link here

NadirPalo
06.19.2013 , 11:35 AM | #265
bump, because this is not a second-page thread.
Pot5 -- Naismiya assassin -- NadÝr marauder -- JÚnny operative -- BŃd mercenary
TEH -- Ruyah shadow -- Nadir vanguard -- Nadiri scoundrel -- Zaahira sentinel -- Na'dir guardian

PhatMcMuffins
06.19.2013 , 03:06 PM | #266
bump, with all the wishes that if this is at the top someone will have mercy on our pvping souls

SithApreantace
06.19.2013 , 04:21 PM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I have passed this on the PvP/Combat folks. They are aware of the issue and are actively working on a solution. I will pass on more information as I have it!

-eric
Eric, It's been two weeks since you posted this. This is obviously a major concern for your PvP community. You mean to tell me in two weeks they can't give you a straight answer about this?

There is a huge issue now. PvP is broken and people are exploiting the PVE gear and making a mockery of the whole bolster and the reasons why it was done. You have no update in two weeks time? Nothing??

Really man?

JP_Legatus
06.19.2013 , 07:21 PM | #268
Quote: Originally Posted by SithApreantace View Post
Eric, It's been two weeks since you posted this. This is obviously a major concern for your PvP community. You mean to tell me in two weeks they can't give you a straight answer about this?

There is a huge issue now. PvP is broken and people are exploiting the PVE gear and making a mockery of the whole bolster and the reasons why it was done. You have no update in two weeks time? Nothing??

Really man?
3 months is not an acceptable time frame for fixing this exploit bioware.
While the devs have been sitting around, pvp has had a number of people stop playing until bolster is fixed.
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

SithApreantace
06.20.2013 , 01:10 AM | #269
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
While the devs have been sitting around, pvp has had a number of people stop playing until bolster is fixed.
The problem is lack of transparency, they acknowledge it but tell us absolutely nothing.

you ever feel like a mushroom? in the dark and fed, well you know.

SomeJagoff
06.20.2013 , 01:53 AM | #270
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
Why bother even fixing bolster? They obviously can't. The whole system just needs to be scrapped. It has ruined pvp for 3 months and driven away a lot of players. It also doesn't help that the top pvp gear is 3-4 tiers behind pve gear, which automatically makes pve gear better stats wise, then factor in the insane amount of expertise already top tier pve gear gets and it's just a joke to pvp in pvp gear. The gear itself is completely unbalanced now, bolster just makes it worse.

10-54 bolster is fine as people are leveling, but 55 should have no bolster whatsoever, because things like this keep coming up making "competitive pvp" not competitive at all. The only real competition now is to see how much you can glitch/exploit/whatver your gear to get max stats/advantage over somebody else. This sytem has just made the gear gap even wider.
Free Character Transfer & Other Goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/bgpK6G