Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hey Look At Me- I'm A Sensational PvP Bug, Fix Me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Hey Look At Me- I'm A Sensational PvP Bug, Fix Me
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

adiwantinova
06.01.2013 , 12:44 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by adiwantinova View Post
I decided to test this out myself last night.

So, I put in 2x purple 54 implants that I crafted + 1 purple ear piece that my guild mate crafted, and my expertise dropped in a WZ, as did my main stat, bonus healing, bonus damage, etc. it appeared to scale downward appropriately for the gear that I replaced my conqueror gear with.

I entered the WZ with these equipped, and did not change them at any point until the match was over.

That said, I actually saw a decrease in performance (dropping from 1550 HPS in Conq gear, to 1225 HPS in 54-purple gear). I completely acknowledge that I played 2 separate maps, against different opponents, with only 5 of the same team mates between game 1 & 2.

I did not use any body pieces, nor did I change my MH / OH to these unmoddable 54-purples.

What am I missing?
Reposting this.

Is the boost in +bonus damage really not related to the implants / ear slots, but rather the MH/OH/Chest/body slots?

As I said, when just testing ear/2x implants, it dropped my expertise (as advertised) by -1/item, but the bonus damage/healing came down appropriately to the pieces equipped.

Please advise.
ADI-WAN TINOVA
Adi-Wan, Sentinel | Theresee, Sage | Kahlvin, Guardian
The Shadowlands | <RotJ> | <Triumph>

ParagonAX
06.01.2013 , 12:47 PM | #102
Reposting this.

Is the boost in +bonus damage really not related to the implants / ear slots, but rather the MH/OH/Chest/body slots?

As I said, when just testing ear/2x implants, it dropped my expertise (as advertised) by -1/item, but the bonus damage/healing came down appropriately to the pieces equipped.

Please advise.
You should see a MASSIVE increase in secondary stats (surge, crit, accuracy, alacrity), with bonus damage more or less staying the same, with the implants/ear.

The weapon/offhand is where the huge bonus damage gains come from.
GM of <Triumph>

BubblŽs | Missbehavžn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Radžance | Ggclose

The <Confirmed> Legacy

Consider supporting me and Triumph by clicking my referral link here

thefishdude
06.01.2013 , 12:57 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
Obviously this is a a major problem. At the same time, I cant help but notice how whenever threads like this are posted its done on the weekend when no dev response is possible, and then filled with assertions that developer silence proves apathy or approval. Its a through and through political trick and makes me question how much many actually want a fix versus simply having something to bash the game and developers over.
Elskan,

I agree with you up to a point. Only a die-hard fanboy would argue this isn't a major mistake. I agree that the community doesn't always show the best amount of patience when it comes to this sort of stuff. HOWEVER....

BW's record on fixing major issues does tend to be a bit slow and their communication regarding these "mistakes" tends to be a bit vague and slow in coming (bubble stun anyone???) In regards to this specific thread, it was posted yesterday morning at 9:30am. It's hard to believe that NOBODY from BW saw the post. A simple post by the developers saying, "Hey guys, we noticed this issue and will look into it immediately. We'll get back to you next week with more details." would've calmed the masses. Unfortunately, that's not BW's style; so, here we are "bumping" the post to ensure it's stays on page one in hopes they'll finally respond to it.

With that said........bump.
Forum Warrior Apprentice

iRedRIng
06.01.2013 , 01:19 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by thefishdude View Post
Elskan,

I agree with you up to a point. Only a die-hard fanboy would argue this isn't a major mistake. I agree that the community doesn't always show the best amount of patience when it comes to this sort of stuff. HOWEVER....

BW's record on fixing major issues does tend to be a bit slow and their communication regarding these "mistakes" tends to be a bit vague and slow in coming (bubble stun anyone???) In regards to this specific thread, it was posted yesterday morning at 9:30am. It's hard to believe that NOBODY from BW saw the post. A simple post by the developers saying, "Hey guys, we noticed this issue and will look into it immediately. We'll get back to you next week with more details." would've calmed the masses. Unfortunately, that's not BW's style; so, here we are "bumping" the post to ensure it's stays on page one in hopes they'll finally respond to it.

With that said........bump.
The issue was posted many times before too, but no one cared.

iRedRIng
06.01.2013 , 01:20 PM | #105
I decided to test this out myself last night.

So, I put in 2x purple 54 implants that I crafted + 1 purple ear piece that my guild mate crafted, and my expertise dropped in a WZ, as did my main stat, bonus healing, bonus damage, etc. it appeared to scale downward appropriately for the gear that I replaced my conqueror gear with.

I entered the WZ with these equipped, and did not change them at any point until the match was over.

That said, I actually saw a decrease in performance (dropping from 1550 HPS in Conq gear, to 1225 HPS in 54-purple gear). I completely acknowledge that I played 2 separate maps, against different opponents, with only 5 of the same team mates between game 1 & 2.

I did not use any body pieces, nor did I change my MH / OH to these unmoddable 54-purples.

What am I missing?
So instead of looking at stats you're looking at how you performed in 2 games? Silly. Also make sure you aren't using Microfilaments.

_Kayko_
06.01.2013 , 01:31 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Doson View Post
Yep, it's pretty much "Exploit Wars" ever since bolster went live. Current BiS weapon for Shadows/Assasins is an crappy electrostaff! Great fun these days.....

I work for a software company as well so I understand that there is no software without bugs, but the whole bolster thing is beyond ridicolous....BW, if you can't get this right just remove bolster for the time being and make sure it works as intended before you release it again.
Bugs are one thing but this is not really a bug issue. It's a testing / implantation issue.

At this point, the community has provided enough of the needed information in order to create a proper solution to 55 bolster. Hard numbers have been given that show not even max level nor even the highest tier of the non max level gear is not only competitive but in some cases can be seen as better then the top tier PvP based gear.

There must be a difference in gear but not near as much of a gap as the old recruit to champ stuff was. The [Uvery best[/U] available in PvE should end up being below Partisan both in primary and secondary stats along with taking a small hit in expertise. As for how much? Since currently, I believe that level 75 is it for PvE mods/enhancements and level 65 is for the PvP items. If they want to make things fair and equal, then honestly, bolster should bring those 75 parts down to ~55 levels (in terms of primary/secondary stats) in instanced PvP. The gap between the best PvP gear going into best PvE is thus the same gap from going from best PvE gear into PvP.
Rare and uncommon would be taken down the proper levels below this with MAX LEVEL uncommon being the very base. Items that don't meet the lvl 55 requirement should show a sharp drop off in stat gains to be basically worthless in instanced PvP with the exceptions of some crafted items since I believe that there are best crafted items that require level 54. These items would follow suit with rarity being as if there were max level items with finally, anything that requires level 49 and below being treated as an empty slot.

Bioware just needs to do the finger work and get each and every PvE mod/enhancement/armoring to have it's own bolster value in place along with all non modable items given a bolster value. Though at the same time, I understand that they might have to scrap the bolster in 55 and go with an entirely different system since I would have to assume that the values that are set in place at 55 are the same ones that are being used in 54 and below PvP.
[Jedi Covenant] ~Katsune Legacy
Kayko - 55 Kinetic Sage
Sonika - 51 Lightning Inquisitor
Kaito - 55 Balance Sage

ArchangelLBC
06.01.2013 , 01:35 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryvirath View Post
Or even full underworld (72) gear.
My character in nearly full underworld gear has 1537 Tech Bonus damage when stimmed. What's your point?
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

adiwantinova
06.01.2013 , 01:51 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by iRedRIng View Post
So instead of looking at stats you're looking at how you performed in 2 games? Silly. Also make sure you aren't using Microfilaments.
Of course not. I just talked about stats & how what I experienced didn't jive with what Terethyn posted, and had a specific question re: where the bonus damage came from.

What I did see, however, was a basic "exchange" of sorts between the endurance received from the Conq pieces in these slots for a higher secondary stat budget.

The damage/healing bonus must have largely been driven by the MH/OH that was provided in the screen shot - or - the body/chest piece he's wearing (or a combination of MH/OH/Body), right?
ADI-WAN TINOVA

ParagonAX
06.01.2013 , 02:00 PM | #109
Of course not. I just talked about stats & how what I experienced didn't jive with what Terethyn posted, and had a specific question re: where the bonus damage came from.

What I did see, however, was a basic "exchange" of sorts between the endurance received from the Conq pieces in these slots for a higher secondary stat budget.

The damage/healing bonus must have largely been driven by the MH/OH that was provided in the screen shot - or - the body/chest piece he's wearing (or a combination of MH/OH/Body), right?
Scroll to the 2nd post on this page.
GM of <Triumph>

BubblŽs | Missbehavžn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Radžance | Ggclose

The <Confirmed> Legacy

Consider supporting me and Triumph by clicking my referral link here

adiwantinova
06.01.2013 , 02:54 PM | #110
Okay, makes sense. I've got 100 cartel coins that says IF this thread gets a yellow response, it will be "working as intended", considering you're basically wagering HP in exchange for increased bonus damage / weapon damage, no?

If you want to roll out with 27000 HP, but be able to hit harder, isn't that a decent trade off?

Of course, I believe that conqueror gear should > all other options in a WZ, but who knows if BW agrees.
ADI-WAN TINOVA