Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

update 2.2 on 6/11 ?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kilora's Avatar


Kilora
05.31.2013 , 09:08 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark-JPS View Post
Eh? I'm talking about the game updates page... what are you talking about?
You're talking about them releasing information about it. . .

You've complained about things being delayed, and that they shouldn't announce things that aren't 100% tested and ready to release.

And you're now asking for information. Early. From something that is certainly not 100% tested and ready to release.

JimG's Avatar


JimG
05.31.2013 , 09:26 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark-JPS View Post
Any info as to when it's getting a page on the Game Updates section of the site? With less than two weeks, I was expecting like a lot of things to be shown off already...
Why would they do that? They'll wait until the last possible minute because if the slightest thing is changed or delayed and moved out of Update 2.2, then a bunch of people will throw a fit and have a meltdown on the forum and start a bunch of "BW lied to us!!!!!" threads, lol.

Pistols's Avatar


Pistols
05.31.2013 , 09:51 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
Hi magecutter! As of right now we are still looking good for our target date of June 11 for Game Update 2.2. The team is working through the player feedback from Public Test Server as well as our continued internal testing and so far we haven't seen any show stopping issues that we won't be able to resolve before June 11. I'll shout here on the forums if that changes.
Would be a big help Bruce if you guys checked out this thread on the PTS, perhaps weighed in on some thoughts?

Screenshots provided.

magecutter's Avatar


magecutter
05.31.2013 , 02:11 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
Hi magecutter! As of right now we are still looking good for our target date of June 11 for Game Update 2.2. The team is working through the player feedback from Public Test Server as well as our continued internal testing and so far we haven't seen any show stopping issues that we won't be able to resolve before June 11. I'll shout here on the forums if that changes.
Thanks Bruce!!! great info and fast response. I've been away for a few months and am really looking forward to getting back in the game!

btw - many thanks to eric, Brook, Amber and yourself for all your hard work and feed back. I've been here since beta and you guys are simply awesome. many thanks and keep up the great work!

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
05.31.2013 , 03:38 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Why would they do that? They'll wait until the last possible minute because if the slightest thing is changed or delayed and moved out of Update 2.2, then a bunch of people will throw a fit and have a meltdown on the forum and start a bunch of "BW lied to us!!!!!" threads, lol.
LOL... yeah.

They need to add a Jawagram (reusable of course, for obvious reasons) where the Jawa jumps out, falls to the ground and throws a preschooler style hissy_fit/melt_down all over the floor....complete with screaming and gnashing of teeth. The upside being.....It will be collectable..... and it will have a pre-requisite as it is Bind_on_Hissy_Fit.
MMOs mimic real life in some ways. Take challenges for example.... you can either use intellect and overcome a challenge or not. In other words, you can make lemonade from lemons, or you can just suck on the lemon. Up to you.

Warforever's Avatar


Warforever
06.11.2013 , 07:06 AM | #16
Well apparently June 11 isn't looking too good like Bruce said. Lol. But I'd rather them get the bugs fixed and delay the release than play with a bunch of bugs that will just piss people off. Either, Bruce, I feel for you. It's kinda like a catch 22. Damned if you, damned if you don't. Love the game, keep up the good work.

Don't forget about your PvP players

Superman_AZ's Avatar


Superman_AZ
06.11.2013 , 07:55 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Warforever View Post
Well apparently June 11 isn't looking too good like Bruce said. Lol. But I'd rather them get the bugs fixed and delay the release than play with a bunch of bugs that will just piss people off. Either, Bruce, I feel for you. It's kinda like a catch 22. Damned if you, damned if you don't. Love the game, keep up the good work.

Forget about your PvP players
Agreed. I think it is far more important to work out the kinks than it is to rush it into production. I like the game, a lot, and am glad they are slowing down and doing their best to make it as bug free as possible the first time.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Apeth's Avatar


Apeth
06.11.2013 , 08:26 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Warforever View Post
Well apparently June 11 isn't looking too good like Bruce said. Lol. But I'd rather them get the bugs fixed and delay the release than play with a bunch of bugs that will just piss people off. Either, Bruce, I feel for you. It's kinda like a catch 22. Damned if you, damned if you don't. Love the game, keep up the good work.

Don't forget about your PvP players
Were there not enough of these posts you had to drag another one back from the dead?
Jeracho/Jera-cho/Ezekeol ' Triumvirate of the Grey'- Masters of Light and Dark, Darths of the Sith Empire. Memeber of the Apostles of the Force - Red Eclipse.