Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Twi'leks need some tweaks

DataFoxIre
05.31.2013 , 02:25 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
No, the real reason why Twi'leks are the least played is because eventually, some pervo creeper whispers your Twi'lek and asks "asl?" or attempts to bribe you to dance.

NOT. COOL. EVER. AT ALL.
I dance for free, you don't have to bribe me. I look so cute in my little cowboy hat and skirt :P
The Silence

"Your Skill is not Important, It's your Passion that counts"

HoboWithAStick
05.31.2013 , 02:49 AM | #12
Twi'leks are not the least played class, I'd imagine they are in the top 3 most played. Regardless of how much or little they are played though they are in the game and should be supported. Its not really fair that bioware throws this race in and then half the head pieces don't work and hoods don't work. This issue has always really annoyed me but even moreso since the cartel market came out. How come its okay for me to pay real money for gear that simply doesn't work?

What Bioware needs to do,

Option 1, Fix the lekku to go under hoods and hide in helmets (This is the choice I would rather have)

Option 2, Give all Twileks a free race change on the barber shop and also have a warning when creating a Twilek that they simply don't work right.

I've made lots of threads about this and seen many of them go, if you want them to do anything or to even comment keep this thread front page.

Also Bioware its insulting you add another race before you fix this one.

Talsalus
05.31.2013 , 11:08 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by HoboWithAStick View Post
Also Bioware its insulting you add another race before you fix this one.
I agree with this. They are treating us Twi'leks like a second class species :P

AlienEyeTX
05.31.2013 , 11:17 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Talsalus View Post
I agree with this. They are treating us Twi'leks like a second class species :P
That's only done to enhance "immersion"
Be a lamb and click on this referral link, would you? You get free stuff and I get free stuff. Nothing to lose.

demonolithic
05.31.2013 , 11:42 AM | #15
My favorite is when you use an elevator...

Also while your at it implement the lekku language that only Twi'leks can understand!
.. let me start by saying nothing...
Cochise
The Shadowlands

Talsalus
05.31.2013 , 12:34 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
That's only done to enhance "immersion"
soo, in a weird way... Twi'leks have recieved the most attention??

Talsalus
05.31.2013 , 02:14 PM | #17
Come on Twi'lek players.. I know you gotta have some feeling on this!

Jandi
05.31.2013 , 03:18 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Talsalus View Post
Come on Twi'lek players.. I know you gotta have some feeling on this!
People need to realize that SWG Twi'lek heads were built completely differently. First, the Lekku had no physics or "weight" as they do in swtor and second, the hoods in SWG clipped the Lekku away just like some helmets and simply made the hood look bulgy. Do you remember how composite helmet made them look? Yeah, they would just stick there and clip all over the place.

While I would absolutely love them to make changes to the Lekku and how they work in the game, they would have to redo them entirely and while I'm a fan of Twi'leks and have been longer than even SWG was around, I just don't see them doing anything to them. Just not "worth the effort" to them I'd imagine because they have never in the history of these forums commented about the Lekku in any way and I'd wager that they regret putting them in in the first place.

The only reason they are in is due to popular demand and it was sort of a rush job to get them in at launch, which is probably why we have what we do.

JimG
05.31.2013 , 03:46 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by HoboWithAStick View Post
Twi'leks are not the least played class, I'd imagine they are in the top 3 most played.
Agreed. I see a LOT more Twileks than Rattataki, Miraluka or Mirialan...and just as many if not more Twileks than Chiss, Sith or Zabrak.

Gwena
05.31.2013 , 04:03 PM | #20
I love Twi'lek, but to be honest, I don't think we'll ever see lekku in another position, helmets that don't chop off lekku, or hoods for Twi'lek. I say this because this game seems to have a lot of limitations and issues when it comes to clipping and armor/hair physics. For example:

Robes and capes clip through speeders, but not in the preview window. Robes and chest pieces don't always "anchor" in the right place, making for some very weird clipping and/or stretching. Waist flaps clip with everything. Butts clip through some longer chest pieces. Heads clip through hoods. Visible headgear on Miraluka turns their masks into tiny sunglasses. Miraluka can't have any hairstyles with bangs. Circlets clip with bangs. I could go on!

That's not to say I don't want to see Twi'lek get some love, though. I would like them to:

- Add some headgear designed for Twi'lek (maybe wearable by other races, but looks different on Twi'lek much like certain gear looks different according to gender), or at least add some nice wrappings/headdresses to character creation for both genders.
- Allow us to hide our weapons when not in use, for those Twi'lek that have no alternatives to back mounted weapons that clip through their lekku (my poor Agent, lol).
- Fix their cultural ability "Parlor Dance" (it only displays the unique dance about half the time - c'mon!)

Just my 2 credits. Though I do hope if they ever decide to make Togruta and/or Nautolan playable and find a way to prevent clipping and allow for the position of the head tails to be changed to accommodate gear, they will apply this to Twi'lek as well. Not holding my breath though. ^^;
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Please consider using my referral link if you are a new player or a returning subscriber! What you get and more info here.