Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's your sweetest victory? (4-man Zorn & Toth EC HM)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
What's your sweetest victory? (4-man Zorn & Toth EC HM)

Taleaboi
05.30.2013 , 01:39 PM | #1
A year ago, I quit SWTOR because my friends and I could not find a consistent group to progress passed Zorn and Toth in Denova Hardmode

Now, we went back and 4-manned it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzMw6-1kZxg

What's your sweetest victory?

mikebevo
05.30.2013 , 02:06 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Taleaboi View Post
What's your sweetest victory?
Old, but my sweetest victory is still pulling Soa under a pillar so that the group could kill him. Not that great of a achievement for any tank, but I did it on my sawbones. It was a bad moment healers both got lightning bubbles, or something at the same time. Tanked died just as I hit him with a big heal, so I got aggro. Had to fight the urge to hit escape as everyone yell at me with directions. Some how got him under, pillar fell killing me, but also knocking down his shield, rest of the group finished him off. In groups for most other content thus far, but that is still my most memorable victory and did more to give me confidence moving forward. That is where I figure out that everything did not have to run smoothly for the group to win. Now when stuff goes completely wrong, I still look for a way to win.

KeyboardNinja
05.30.2013 , 02:26 PM | #3
After about 50-70 wipes on Nightmare Kephess, finally clearing him. Getting the title was exciting too, but the first clear was incomparably rewarding. I also found HM Styrak to be extremely rewarding to clear, even though we two shot him. The fight was just so stressful from a DPS perspective when we were all undergeared.

I love this thread, btw. Sometimes it's the struggle before the victory that makes it all worthwhile. Remembering these moments reminds us why we play the game and why we tolerate wipe after wipe during progression.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

Khevar
05.30.2013 , 03:30 PM | #4
The first time I beat LR-5 in HM LI. Up to that point I had spent perhaps 250k in repair bills wiping wiping wiping wiping.

There seemed to be so much going on at the same time, and it seemed immensely confusing, despite all the instructions I would read online, or videos I watched.

Then one day, with a friend in vent who had run the fight successfully already, we beat the little bugger. I felt like a million bucks and we breezed through the rest of the instance. I also felt like I "grew up" as a player that day, and what seemed like too many things going on at the same time (attack, interrupt, move out of lightning balls, kill adds, stay out of lava) suddenly became manageable.

I think it was this feeling that got me interested in running harder content. The feeling of having beaten something that used to be too hard to do.

KeyboardNinja
05.30.2013 , 04:21 PM | #5
Oh actually, I'm going to amend my "sweet victory". I think that even more than Nightmare Kephess (which was a heady victory), killing SM Jarg and Sorno 3-man pre-2.0 was unbelievably rewarding. We did about two nights of full wipes, which was slightly humiliating given the level to which we over-geared the content. Like Nightmare Kephess, it was a fight where the slightest mistake was punished mercilessly and almost immediately. As I was healing it, I felt like even the merest delay in activating a heal (and the *right* heal) would cause me to fall behind. This made the final victory (heal pov; dps pov) unbelievably euphoric.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

AlixMV
05.30.2013 , 05:23 PM | #6
My Guild and I have just started doing regular raid nights, so our sweetest victory was finally getting past HM EC after a week of trying. And then clearing him in one take in our next try.

Runner-up is probably four manning Primal Destroyer and SM EV (we were SO CLOSE to doing SM EV three man) in our 66 gear.
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee

partylikeaturtle
05.30.2013 , 05:57 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
Old, but my sweetest victory is still pulling Soa under a pillar so that the group could kill him. Not that great of a achievement for any tank, but I did it on my sawbones.
Lol, I did this recently on my sorc healer. Only difference is that at lvl 55, the pillar doesn't kill healers

Now, how my healer ended up with aggro when the whole group was lvl 55's, I don't even know.

sripakdee
05.31.2013 , 02:01 AM | #8
Have several different ones.

Top 3 must be, in no particular order

1, When we first 4 manned EV SM at few months back, we had a blast in voice chat.
2, When we 8 manned EV SM 16 man a few months back, if we had a blast with the 4 man, the 8 man was EPIC
3, when we 11 manned TFB 16 man SM the other day (2 tanks, 2 healers and the rest dps). One shot of everything till TFB itself. there **** went abit iffy, and ended up with a tank down. So in the end i tanked TFB in second phase on my sorc healer (Static and force barrier FTW). with a little taunting magic and threatdumps from surviving tank, it worked
Guildmaster of Exit Area @ The Red Eclipse

AAAAzrael
05.31.2013 , 05:19 AM | #9
Definetely 1st will be Kephess EC HM. When I first came into the game around last December I joined a very nice social guild that was in a bit of crisis in terms of doing ops but I managed to get people into it and we were doing EC HM every day in the very last weeks before 2.0 to get him before the patch comes out. I think patch was on Tuesday and we killed him on Sunday. There were cries of joy over TS ;-)

First time we 4-manned SM ops it was also incredible Our gunslinger killed 3 or 4 of the infernal council I think That was real fun.

vdbswong
05.31.2013 , 05:46 AM | #10
I think it would be when we first downed Dread Guards in HM pre2.0.

We'd been wiping for a while and this particular attempt we lost a healer halfway through Kel'sara and a Tank not too long afterwards.

Ended up having the other Tank drop aggro for Leech and a DPS kiting her around whilst we carried on. Soon started losing more left and right when it ultimately came down to just the Tank and myself... i foolishly messed up my defensive CDs and died when she was ~7k leaving just our Tank to duke it out.

They both slugged away with barely any health remaining until the slight lag you get when the boss resets and in Vent we were all "ohhhhhhhh", then suddenly we noticed it's actually the lag of the fight ending and our Tank is standing there with 200 HP and we all started cheering.