Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

group finder for quest

BewBo
05.30.2013 , 12:10 PM | #1
Hi there I have the quest "Boarding Party" which is, admittedly, a couple of levels below where I am now. But, although I have the quest, I cannot select it as a FP to use when using group finder.
Does anyone know why this is and, more to the point, how I can search for a group that will be doing it?
Cheers, in advance!

Athena-Nike
05.30.2013 , 01:00 PM | #2
If you are to high a level for the content you and your group (I believe) get far less exp to the point of it being negligible. To allow someone to high a level to use GF to queue for a FP would be unfair to the others that get grouped with them since they would be getting no exp.

You can form your own group, guildies or pugs and walk to the start to the FP on the fleet ship and enter it that way to complete it

BewBo
05.30.2013 , 01:18 PM | #3
Thanks for the reply, but I do think that's a bit naff. You should be able to use GF to find a group for any FP you want - IMHO! Thanks again though

AlixMV
05.30.2013 , 05:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by BewBo View Post
Thanks for the reply, but I do think that's a bit naff. You should be able to use GF to find a group for any FP you want
Well, no.

The Group Finder is designed to make it easier for people at level to experience the content--because the content is targetted for a certain level.

If you're grossly underleveled, if you use the Group Finder to random in, you're hurting your group because you won't be able to touch anything and everything will destroy you.

If you're too overleveled, you are, unwittingly, sucking XP off those who may random in with you at level.

Like the OC said, if you're under or overleveled, put together a group manually and go to town. But don't wish for mechanics that will negatively impact other people.
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee ~ Lor'rysi

ZeroPlus
05.31.2013 , 10:14 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BewBo View Post
Thanks for the reply, but I do think that's a bit naff. You should be able to use GF to find a group for any FP you want - IMHO! Thanks again though
Not sure if you are still reading this, but once the Flashpoint is no longer available to you in the GF you can generally do it by yourself.

Try it. It is a lot of fun to go in there with just a companion and clear out the place. All the boss drops will (9 out of 10 times) be for your class. You even get to do the Bonus Quest .
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!