Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do YOU do at 55?

Smuglebunny
05.30.2013 , 11:26 AM | #11
My personal feeling is that at endgame all there is to do is PVP and PVP is severely neglected. Great job devs.

I have no intrest in killing boring AI monsters that never change their easily predictable behavior.

Shrikestalker
05.30.2013 , 11:30 AM | #12
I run 55's on both sides of the fence (Pub/Imp) so that I can see the stories from both sides of view, which is infinitely more fun to see how each faction views the same events differently.

So between doing all the quests for Makeb, doing the new dungeons, hitting HMs, Ops, new achievements, crafting, and even some lesser alts.. pretty busy and not bored yet.

keysmachine
05.30.2013 , 11:32 AM | #13
the same can be said about ANY themepark MMO.

what do you do at XX (max level)

outside of dailies.

not understanding where these players are getting the notion that there's an MMO out there with 7000 hours of unique content. by the way the human life span is under 7000 hours. its around 6000.

Merwanor
05.30.2013 , 11:38 AM | #14
I am soon done with Makeb on my main character, and after that I will just play alts. I think raiding is boring, daily quests are boring and PvP is boring. I wish this game focused on story based content instead of what all other MMOs have and does better. Instead of boring daily quests with no story, give me the ability to replay my class story and planetary stories instead.
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

keysmachine
05.30.2013 , 11:41 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Merwanor View Post
I am soon done with Makeb on my main character, and after that I will just play alts. I think raiding is boring, daily quests are boring and PvP is boring. I wish this game focused on story based content instead of what all other MMOs have and does better. Instead of boring daily quests with no story, give me the ability to replay my class story and planetary stories.
what game does "dailies" better?

please. REGALE me in what game does this simple mechanic better.

Caltone
05.30.2013 , 11:41 AM | #16
A few nights a week, I run with my static Ops group. Outside of that and on nights with no static, I will usually run a few dailies for credits, HM FP's or join a guild event. There is a lot to do at 55.
When in doubt empty the magazine

Merwanor
05.30.2013 , 11:52 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by keysmachine View Post
what game does "dailies" better?

please. REGALE me in what game does this simple mechanic better.
At least WoW has some fast and more fun dailys, like smashing small pygmes with a giant hammer, or using a catapult to rain fire on enemies. Here it is kill that or destroy this, or pick up this item which is mostly the same, but WoW at least make some mechanics that makes it more fun..... And a few patches ago they had a reputation grind where you unlocked story driven quests regularly, so it did not make daily quests so boring....

Or if mentioning wow is a curse here, how about Rift and all the random events that can happen, even the public events in Warhammer was more fun that the dailies in SWTOR. I am not saying that daily quests in these games are really fun, as most are crap. But SWTOR has not made any daily quest that is memorable.
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

AshMidnight
05.30.2013 , 11:52 AM | #18
What to do at level 55, that is my ongoing dilemna. When the game first came out I leveled up to 50 on each side, did a bunch of dailies, some HM's, etc but got bored of all that. The problem was I could not face leveling up another character with the same old missions over again. So I unsubscribed.

I recently came back with the double XP weekends and leveled up a brand new character, bought the expansion and finally hit level 55. I did dailies for a week, a couple HMs and weas very quickly bored with that.

I decided to level up a healer, which I have yet to play in this game. I got to about level 25 and I just cannot log in anymore and do the same quests on the same planets again. Also, I hated Makeb and have no interest in leveling up my two 50's to 55. I'm starting to dread playing again. I cancelled my sub a couple weeks ago and it runs out on June 6 I believe. It makes me sad both time to cancel because I really, REALLY enjoy the 1-50 part of the game and there is no other MMO out that I like.

If Bioware would create alternate leveling experiences, on alternate planets, or even just other parts of the same planets, that would be huge for me! None of them even have to be voice acted. I can read text. Just give me new missions to level up, please!!!

DarthTHC
05.30.2013 , 11:58 AM | #19
On my main:
  • Run a hardmode flashpoint just about daily
  • Run the GSI dailies twice a week
  • Whatever else seems intriguing - still have a few 'crons to get and such

Also, I play alts so there's plenty of flash-pionting, mission running, crafting, and such going on.

MarvelZombie
05.30.2013 , 12:00 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by keysmachine View Post
the same can be said about ANY themepark MMO.

what do you do at XX (max level)

outside of dailies.

not understanding where these players are getting the notion that there's an MMO out there with 7000 hours of unique content. by the way the human life span is under 7000 hours. its around 6000.
Cripes....that's only 250 days! I gotta go live before it's too late!!!!!

/logs off and runs outside