Guildfeature: Training in Warzones

Sziroten

Hi all, please let me know your feedback about this idea and if you like it I'd create a post in the suggestion box (with this thread as reference).

The idea is that guilds are able to have free accessibility to warzones for training purposes. This means there is no reward involved except pvp experience (which probably is a much higher reward than commodations/ level experience/ valor) and achievement system will be disabled.

Pro

training/ testing new pvp player or giving access to player new to pvp without throwing them into a life game

increasing the pvp "skill" player can bring to a warzone which increases the overall satisfaction of pvp player (mainly in random warzones though)

testing new tactics together with other guildmates to find strong and weak elements of certain plays

training 2 vs. 1 etc.

Contra (you'll let me know)

This probably sounds familiar for anyone ever played on a clan server in FPS games which is pretty much what this is. It's supposed to be a tool to help others, train yourself or just have some fun. The setup would work much the same way. Someone can set which map, probably as well the time etc. to which two groups can access. In this way you also would be able to play a 2 vs. 1 or 3 vs. 1, 4 vs. 4 etc. . Important however is that you can choose which warzone you are going to play.

Accessibility would be the same as if you hook up for a warzone. There could be a second tab in this window (locked for people not in a guild) where the groupleader can adjust the map etc. .

This might open up new opportunities, new ways to experience pvp and I think a much easier entry into pvp than any gear set Bioware gave, will give us etc. but of course, as with free gear, people would have to actually be interested to use it.

I don't expect Bioware to really pick up on this idea (maybe because it's horrible or not working or they don't like it) but seeing as to how long pvp player will have to wait for "something", I'd rather try to give them some ideas which probably doesn't involve that much effort from their site and people would maybe really like it = win/win situation.

So, in case you don't like this idea, keep it civil if possible and if you can give some input as to why you don't like it or what you would want to change I would be really happy to update my post with your suggestions.

as reference see also here

• 4 weeks later...

Well, not want to be pesimist, but:

-training 1vsX is doable already on pvp areas (free for all)

-trying out tactics is pointless without enemy, and can be done on paper (old school huh)

-training WZ is usualy more needed for people that are not in guild and have no idea of group play (never ever let guildless player guard a node, not being elitist, but that is high % of chance that person will go afk or run away, there is a chance of good player, but statistics are making a kill)

-trying tactics vs other tactics, since ranked WZ are so dead, if you have 16 people just train in ranked WZ (and get comms lol) you will be in one match for 90% of the time.

sorry for the bummer post, as idea sounds cool, but you did ask for an opinion ;)

Edited by Atramar