Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BALANCE Ephemeral Mending RELICS please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
BALANCE Ephemeral Mending RELICS please

GeckoOBac
05.31.2013 , 08:04 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
While I agree in general with not shafting Sin/Shadow Tanks I still think this is a "HEALERS" Relic and needs to be correctly balanced as such. We have several defensive relics today for tanking class and not really any "HEALER ONLY" relics that are worthy of a mention. SA and BA do have several benefits, but not dedicated like several of the DPS Relics (Internal, Energy, etc.).
I mean, just make a wholly new one and be done with it, the amount of changes they'd have to do on that one would amount to a wholly new relic anyway.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

dscount
05.31.2013 , 05:17 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
I mean, just make a wholly new one and be done with it, the amount of changes they'd have to do on that one would amount to a wholly new relic anyway.
Works for me that way as well. Just thought the "Quick Win" would be to fix an existing one that is designated as a healer relic already.
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

dscount
06.02.2013 , 06:56 PM | #13
Another option is a +5% Alacrity for Dread, +6% Ark, +7% UW, +8% Kell Dragon.

Some would think that would be OP, but in reality with the existing DR Curve on Alacrity is should be in line.

Mowermanx
06.02.2013 , 08:53 PM | #14

Some would think that would be OP, but in reality with the existing DR Curve on Alacrity is should be in line.
The best way is to make a new relic, and target specific healing skills like the set bonuses do, that way they cannot be abused for the new flavour of the month.

Kelvarn
06.02.2013 , 09:36 PM | #15

No, because TK sages/Lightning Sorcs would benefit from this way too much. (FYI, TK sage is one of my favorites)
If you're gonna do something, it should definitely be something heal based.

Try this one: 50% chance to automatically heal lowest health party/raid member for xxx over 3 seconds. {insert rest of text here}

That way, it still helps out the shadow/assassin tanks, but will benefit healers too.

dscount
06.03.2013 , 09:28 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelvarn View Post
No, because TK sages/Lightning Sorcs would benefit from this way too much. (FYI, TK sage is one of my favorites)
If you're gonna do something, it should definitely be something heal based.

Try this one: 50% chance to automatically heal lowest health party/raid member for xxx over 3 seconds. {insert rest of text here}.
I agree that would make it more BiS for DPS. That's the trick here and I agree it needs to be more "HEALER" Only type of relic.

The relic today is heal xxx over 3 seconds. Problem is that value is CRAP compared to the damage output of the newer content. Someone needs to add 1k to that in order to make it more in line with new content. Personally I'd like to see SET BONUS gear get fixed as well, but that's a different thread.

Kelvarn
06.03.2013 , 11:58 AM | #17
I agree that would make it more BiS for DPS. That's the trick here and I agree it needs to be more "HEALER" Only type of relic.

The relic today is heal xxx over 3 seconds. Problem is that value is CRAP compared to the damage output of the newer content. Someone needs to add 1k to that in order to make it more in line with new content. Personally I'd like to see SET BONUS gear get fixed as well, but that's a different thread.
Here's a question for you: Does it benefit from healing bonus?
If it doesn't, then I agree a little more work needs to be done on it, than what I presented.
if it does, then I don't really see an issue with what I presented.
MAYBE boost it a little bit more, but that I can't say for sure, as I quit healing on my sage.

dscount
06.04.2013 , 09:49 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelvarn View Post
Here's a question for you: Does it benefit from healing bonus?
If it doesn't, then I agree a little more work needs to be done on it, than what I presented.
if it does, then I don't really see an issue with what I presented.
MAYBE boost it a little bit more, but that I can't say for sure, as I quit healing on my sage.
From what I've seen it does, but it doesn't warrant making it a permanent part of gear. I don't have a perfect solution, but its worth it to bring up the problem.

haksilence
06.04.2013 , 10:52 AM | #19
I have no complaints about the process healing relics. . I love all that endurance. I say give them 200 endurance and 0 power.

But then again I use it as a shadow tank
10/10 NiM Dread Ops
Archon Jaberse, Captain Morgan Spice'rum, Gatecrasher Kithide Ameranthine
<Aisthesis> and <Postmortem>
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Mr. Captain Morgan Roll/Rummaster ^^

Darth_Dreselus
06.04.2013 , 11:18 AM | #20
The fact that it is a BiS tanking relic shows just how badly it was implemented. I threw it out the second I saw it ticking on a Lifted target.

The 'increases power but reduces dmg' seems as a good fix.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP