Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP gear in PvE endgame

islander
05.29.2013 , 01:26 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by bsbrad View Post
Having 30k health and 3000 cunning suggests you are lacking in crit/power/surge or accuracy. Remember in Operations your accuracy as a DPSer needs to be close to 110% as all the bosses have a 10% accuracy debuff. In PVP you don't need to worry about this.

)
Crit, absolutely - 25%
Power - no, all my mods are power based over crit.
Surge/Accuracy - varies, but I tend to PvP at very close to 100% base/110% specials accuracy (not many do). Simply because I like not missing people. With 100% base my surge is around 67-68%.

I'm not arguing the mindset of a PvE DPSer is different, simply don't think the gear difference is that dramatic
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

bsbrad
05.29.2013 , 01:45 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
Crit, absolutely - 25%
Power - no, all my mods are power based over crit.
Surge/Accuracy - varies, but I tend to PvP at very close to 100% base/110% specials accuracy (not many do). Simply because I like not missing people. With 100% base my surge is around 67-68%.

I'm not arguing the mindset of a PvE DPSer is different, simply don't think the gear difference is that dramatic
Typically PVE DPSers like to get their surge upto 75% (depending on class) with 110% accuracy, 30%ish crit so taking that into account, if your normal crit hits for around 7.5k with your surge at 68% then someone with 75% will hit for 8025, plus with their crit % being 5% higher means on a 5 min fight they will (on average) crit 30 more times than you, so using my shoddy maths that is an extra 15.75k hit in the fight which breaks down as 52.5 DPS. Doesn't sound much I agree but x4 DPSers (loss of 210 DPS) and soon we are in danger of hitting the enrage timer.

I am not saying that it isn't possible to run all the PVE Operations in PVP gear, it just makes it more difficult than it has to be.

By the way I am coming from a Healers point of view, and in my opinion if you hit the enrage timer the tanks and healers have done their job, the DPS was just lacking.....
N'abi
Harbinger
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

NoFishing
05.29.2013 , 04:38 PM | #13
I'm going to go with those that say your gear is probably fine as is. It would be nice to have some PvE gear to start with, and you are likely to be inspected and perhaps snickered at, at least privately.

But your gear is no worse than the 61/63 gear we started running and clearing the SM S&V and TfB OPS with. And we still get pugs with ~22-25k health and never bat an eye. Being able to follow instructions, avoid damage, and at least listen to the voice chat (you should pre-install vent, teamspeak, and mumble) will count for more IMO.

Are you likely to be carried a bit? Of course..but that is true of any op where you are not fully decked out in the gear that op drops.

Oh...and leave your knockbacks at the door. :-) Seriously, remove them from your bar. Nobody in an operation wants trash mobs to be spread all over the place.