Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP gear in PvE endgame

Thralx
05.29.2013 , 10:33 AM | #1
I'm a bored pvper that needs a challenge and I'd like to give pve a shot. I can google boss mechanics and get some basic pve know-how, but how far can I go with fully auged conqueror/partisan mix? I usually play ranged dps and don't want to be a dead weight for the rest of the party.

CaulderBenson
05.29.2013 , 10:52 AM | #2
If you're interested in endgame or pve in general, you need to ditch the pvp stuff at the door. It's not compatible. Farm Lvl 50 and 55 fps for black hole/black market gear. You can get everything you need to get you going in two to three weeks depending on your motivation.

I'm strictly a PVE player, and I and my other guild mates (many of whom are hardcore PVPers) don't look kindly upon PVP gear in our ops. You lose a significant amount of stats, and it matters. Also, in an operation, I don't like carrying someone in pvp gear who was too lazy to run a flashpoint.

For example, when the Xenoanalyst gets scaled up to 55 in a few months, my guild will be running that on SM and HM. PVP gear won't allow you beat the enrage timer.

We attempted HM Xenoanalyst once before pre 2.0 on HM with two people in PVP gear, hit an enrage timer, removed them from the group, replaced them with appropriately geared PVE people, downed it no problems.

I hope that helps.

Ottoattack
05.29.2013 , 11:32 AM | #3
It depends on how geared are you. PvP gear partisan is level 150 and conqueror is 154. If you are fully augmented in mixture of partisan and conqueror you should be able to run HM 55 fps easily which drop 162 gear. The two end game ops require 156 quality gear. You probably can pull it of in fully augmented BiS conqueror, but its much easier if you have couple of 156 and 162 gear.

bsbrad
05.29.2013 , 11:34 AM | #4
Typically PVP armor shouldn't be used in PVE Ops.

At your level of PVP armor you will have no problem with SM Operations and the 50 HMs. However if you contemplate running TfB or S&V or any NM content (with the exception of EV) it is imperative that you invest in a PVE set. As the previous poster mentioned the stats in PVP gear are not optimized for PVE specifically crit/surge and power which you will have given up a lot of to get your expertise to 2k+.

If you are in a nice guild they may pull you through but most of the high level content you will struggle to not hit the enrage timer if you are a DPS, losing too much threat and hence the boss if your a tank (due to your very low DPS) and if your a healer the loss of crit/surge/power will really gimp your healing.
N'abi
Harbinger
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

Thralx
05.29.2013 , 12:02 PM | #5
Dailes and weeklies, here I come. Thanks for response guys.

MRSA
05.29.2013 , 12:36 PM | #6
a lot of that gear is actually higher in main stats than the lvl 53 pve gear. I seriously don't thing it would be a problem. I have a match of both pvp/pve gear and have no problem in ops. look at both and slowly pick out which is better and replace it.

islander
05.29.2013 , 12:53 PM | #7
As a PvP sniper, I've got 3000 main stat and 30k health. The craftable 28-30 mods and enhancements are negligibly better then the 27-28 PvP ones. You DO see a good difference in the armorings/barrels, though.

I find it hard to believe the standard stuff at 55 is going to be 'better'. So how much better is a standard geared via 55 HM player?
Gìllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

bsbrad
05.29.2013 , 01:09 PM | #8
Having 30k health and 3000 cunning suggests you are lacking in crit/power/surge or accuracy. Remember in Operations your accuracy as a DPSer needs to be close to 110% as all the bosses have a 10% accuracy debuff. In PVP you don't need to worry about this.

Most bosses will take 5+ mins to down so you cannot be as bursty as you are in PVP, you must preserve your energy. If you can maintain over 2k+ DPS for 5 mins+ on the lvl55 Operations training dummy then your gear is fine. Although the more DPS you can get (full PVE tiered DPS players can hit 3k) the easier it will be on your group. Also, due to the mechanics in operations you will have to be able to be raid aware, that is, "Know your role" in each boss fight, whether to down the adds, stand in flowers, drop aggro etc.... this is what makes a good DPSer. (Occasionally hitting your defensive cooldowns would be nice for the healers too)
N'abi
Harbinger
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

Memo-
05.29.2013 , 01:20 PM | #9
BiS Conqueror (65) is better than stock Basic (66). Do not even waste your time on getting Black Hole/Campaign or Hazmat/Dread Guard stuff, it will not be an upgrade to Conqueror. Maybe a borderline upgrade to Partisan, but not so much to worry about. You could farm Basic commendations to get your 66 gear in place, but with the same amount of effort put in a different place, you'll get 69 gear. You can easily run HM 55 FP's if you know what you're doing, and even SM 55 operations won't be a problem for your gear - if you know what you're doing.

The main thing would be to read up on strategies if you don't want to be a burden, and not worry about your gear too much.

//As to what the others have said above: it's an attitude problem. If you are capable of clearing the content, then it won't matter if you have a mix of Conqueror/Partisan or a mix of Basic/Black Market. Hell, I suppose a good group could clear HM 55 Operations in BiS Conqueror if they tried to.
Farís | Maliris | Välí | Sopraano | Sakkó | Jauhé | Bas'so | Rai'chu | Hedelmâ | Dela-jaakko | Véres | Hálal | Rai'jin | Banthan
Delaráh | Stilva | Luccía | Tenorí | Baritoni | Ethawn | Kuiva | Weímar | Altto
The Red EclipseThe Lihavuori Legacy

KeyboardNinja
05.29.2013 , 01:24 PM | #10
Given that 66s can be crafted for dirt cheap, there's really no excuse not to build a set. You can use your PvP armorings if you would like (for the set bonuses), but the 66 mods are noticeably better than 65s, and 69s are pretty easy to acquire once you start raiding.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)