Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Orange Items - Things with Mods

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Orange Items - Things with Mods

essell
12.21.2011 , 05:28 AM | #1
Hi,

I have a question about the Orange items that take mods.

Are their stats just a function of the mods? Or do they have some inherent "base" stats?

Would two items with identical mods have exactly the same stats and only look different?

I've tried testing these questions in-game but there are too many variables!

thanks
essell
The Cake is a lie, there is only Cookies. Through cookies I gain mass, from mass I gain inertia, from inertia I gain force. The Force shall free me.

Gorraf
12.21.2011 , 05:33 AM | #2
Orange items do not have any stats without the mods.
If you place mods into them their item level will increase due to the updated stats.

essell
12.21.2011 , 05:34 AM | #3
So if I find a new empty Orange item, I can switch all my old mods into it and keep the stats but change appearance!

Lovely!
The Cake is a lie, there is only Cookies. Through cookies I gain mass, from mass I gain inertia, from inertia I gain force. The Force shall free me.

Cryshal
12.21.2011 , 05:37 AM | #4
Where can I find a thorough explanation for mod use? I'm finding it all just too confusing.

Mandrax
12.21.2011 , 05:41 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cryshal View Post
Where can I find a thorough explanation for mod use? I'm finding it all just too confusing.
Here is something worth reading.
Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space...

xmbk
12.21.2011 , 05:41 AM | #6
Lol, I don't think you can find a thorough answer for anything in this game. The Force will guide you through.

Inarai
12.21.2011 , 05:50 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Cryshal View Post
Basically:

- Hilts, Blaster Barrels, and Armouring mods all have Ratings for Damage or Armour. They set the basic armour or damage values of the item they're slotted into, along with the item level.
- Other items just add other stats straight out.
- You can remove mods from items with mod slots, recovering the mods; there is a credit cost to this.
- You can slot in new mods for free any time; should you do so without first removing an existing mod the existing mod is destroyed.
- Some mods may carry usage restrictions, such as on alignment or level. That restriction carries through to the item they're slotted into.
- Any given mod slot takes a particular type of mod. You can't put a Modulator in an Enhancement slot.
- A full set of on level top quality mods should be on par with top quality items.
- Crafters can get schematics for Custom items for nearly any model, letting players choose from basically every appearance.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashes_Arizona View Post
Pardon me I need to call my broker and diversify into aluminum processing. Tinfoil hats are getting pretty popular.

essell
12.21.2011 , 05:56 AM | #8
Thanks to everyone, especially Inarai. That's been very helpful.

Cryshal
12.21.2011 , 05:59 AM | #9
Thanks.

Nague
12.21.2011 , 06:12 AM | #10
i think the only stat that organe items have build-in is armor type!

i used one of my first blasters for over 30 levels.