Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

dirty little secret---slicing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
dirty little secret---slicing

TheGoodJunkie
12.21.2011 , 06:57 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Soulchilde View Post
Wasn't nerfed hard enough. The influx of money is screwing up the economy
Im sorry but has enough time even elapsed to have an economy big enough to screw up? I mean the game just got released officially today.....Are you saying there is already enough of a backbone on the AH and enough items and prices that its already big enough to break? I really doubt it.

Slicing is not that op imo....I am level 320 and I only have 80k....You dont always get giant yields from lock boxes.....

Cameirus
12.21.2011 , 06:58 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by kitharen View Post
Why does everyone think he needs to have sufficient money at hands to buy all the cool stuff right away when it's available. Back in the days buying a mount has been quite some achievement.
And I remember when I had to walk to school, in the snow, uphill both ways.....grumble grumble grumble.....

Changing customer base.

Op- So take slicing. All my charcters will as they level, but as eveyone will be doing that, eveyone is in the same boat. At max level I'll ditch it and make more money from selling blue mats and crafted gear so it will even out.

We all have the same options, so its not OP, you choose not to take them, fine, just dont ***** about others.

In 6months time when people sellign crafted loot have 50mil, will you call for them to be taxed?

mutharex
12.21.2011 , 07:01 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by kitharen View Post
Why does everyone think he needs to have sufficient money at hands to buy all the cool stuff right away when it's available. Back in the days buying a mount has been quite some achievement.
Because once upon a time to get your epic mount in WoW you had to spend weeks farming and doing instances, now you just need to have the gold to buy it. WoW, dumbing down content and people since 2006.....

Chiefbadmojo
12.21.2011 , 07:02 AM | #14
It's not a dirty little secret OP.
Not if you slice n' tell.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

TheBlackDragon
12.21.2011 , 07:02 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Soulchilde View Post
economy
LMAO

This is sandbox there is no real economy, play EVE and then argue that this games economy is unstable
Digital Download VIP who didn't waste money on a $70 Malgus Barbie doll

jardail
12.21.2011 , 07:02 AM | #16
hmm how do you make money slicing?

alerum
12.21.2011 , 07:03 AM | #17
How does slicing work?

Kshahdoo
12.21.2011 , 07:03 AM | #18
Alderaan is full of bags of money. I mean I usually do like 1k/min when just riding around and slicing those cases...

Mandrax
12.21.2011 , 07:04 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Actually.. They need to un-nerf it.. Stuff is very expensive now.. 20k for your second row of pack storage, 40k for another tab in your cargo hold, 40k to train for speeders. (That doesn't include cost of speeder.), ever increasing cost of training, ever increasing cost of sending your companions out to level your crew skills, Increasing cost of misc. mods and gear..

There are a lot of credit sinks in this game.. I am lvl 21 and I am nowhere near the 40k for my speeder or upgrading my cargo hold.. I have bought 1 row of pack space for 5k.. Next row is 20.. No clue what the row after that is..

So no.. They need to un-nerf it.. Either that or I need to learn to use the GTN..
I don't think that stuff is too expensive, I've got almost 60k credits at level 21 and I don't have slicing. Not only that I have my Synthweaving at 140ish and Archaeology up to around 160, so I've not been slacking on crafting.
Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space...

Mandrax
12.21.2011 , 07:05 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by alerum View Post
How does slicing work?
You find a box, you open in and take the money. Occasionally you might also get a schematic.
Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space...