Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Suggestion: Don't let F2P need on off-stat items.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Suggestion: Don't let F2P need on off-stat items.

Covaltage
05.28.2013 , 06:00 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandrain View Post
and the other 50% need it for Mako.
I hate this, whenever I make a new character, I always run through BT/Esseles until I get the chestpiece for my class (IMO, always the coolest available custom piece at level 10). The last few times I've done it I've lost rolls to companions and eventually just ended up getting a guildie to run me through with a 55 for the gear. Of course, then I see all sorts of people whining in general chat that they can't get queue pops for group finder. Guess what? Don't need roll on stuff for your companions and maybe people will group with you!

In any case, subscribers are causing at least as much trouble here as F2P, maybe more as I don't think I've had an F2P player do this to me yet.

Vandrain
05.28.2013 , 06:47 AM | #22
The reason I take issue with F2P is that I voice my opinion when they pull that crap and most of the time the rest of the group agrees with me. The F2P then tries to mend the ways when threatened of being kicked if they dont hand over the ninjad item, which they can't because they are F2P.

I know douchebags are both F2P and subs. But there is no denying more noobs are F2P (omg free mmo, 10 euro is too much) and just click randomly. There is no way to get the item from them even if they see the point.

This can also be used a "I made a mistake and F2P wont let me correct it - not my fault" kinda bs. Goes both ways.

Just add roll restrictions. As a DPS queues can stretch to hours only to get your loot snatched from you by some monkey thinking his companion would look so cool with a sniper rifle they cant use.

SW_display_name
05.28.2013 , 07:41 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandrain View Post
I know douchebags are both F2P and subs. But there is no denying more noobs are F2P (omg free mmo, 10 euro is too much) and just click randomly. There is no way to get the item from them even if they see the point.
I don't know about that. To be honest, most of the F2P's I've encountered have been pretty good players. Maybe newbies in the sense of still learning the ropes, but not "noobs" in the pejorative sense of causing trouble. Usually they're here from another MMO, so they understand the basic concepts already.

For me, more often than not, it's an arrogant prat subscriber who causes problems in my PUGs. Maybe I'm just "lucky"?

Still, this is splitting hairs. I think we can all agree that the Need button is overly-generous in SWTOR, but I guess I see that as a generic issue and not something that specifically has to be dealt with about F2Ps.

DarthTHC
05.28.2013 , 07:45 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
I don't know about that. To be honest, most of the F2P's I've encountered have been pretty good players. Maybe newbies in the sense of still learning the ropes, but not "noobs" in the pejorative sense of causing trouble. Usually they're here from another MMO, so they understand the basic concepts already.

For me, more often than not, it's an arrogant prat subscriber who causes problems in my PUGs. Maybe I'm just "lucky"?

Still, this is splitting hairs. I think we can all agree that the Need button is overly-generous in SWTOR, but I guess I see that as a generic issue and not something that specifically has to be dealt with about F2Ps.
I've had the opposite experience. It's pretty easy to spot the f2p's when I do hard-mode's. It's also pretty easy to spot the people in raiding guilds. For exactly opposite reasons.

Ancaglon
05.28.2013 , 07:50 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
Don't let anyone in Group Finder Need on off-stat items.
Agreed. "Companion Roll" should not really be any different from "Greed".

SW_display_name
05.28.2013 , 08:12 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
Agreed. "Companion Roll" should not really be any different from "Greed".
Mako can have my Cunning pants when Mako is the one healing the Flashpoint.