Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ETA on Advanced Class change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ETA on Advanced Class change?

Khevar
06.04.2013 , 11:51 AM | #531
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
What kind of nonsense scenarios are people spinning in their fevered imaginations?
"nonsense scenarios" and "fevered imaginations"

Why be nasty?
If that's how someone wants to spend 100s of CCs, who are you (or anyone else) to tell them they shouldn't?
In your attempt to lash out, you failed to notice that I'm NOT telling anyone they shouldn't have an AC respec. As a matter of fact, I'm not even particularly against it.

I am interested in discussing it, however. Are you?

branmakmuffin
06.04.2013 , 11:59 AM | #532
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
"nonsense scenarios" and "fevered imaginations" Why be nasty?
I specifically did not mention names for a reason. Did you think that was aimed at you?

Quote:
I am interested in discussing it, however. Are you?
I've boiled it down to its essentials more than once: do you like the idea or do you not like the idea (or do you not really care one way or the other)? That's all there is to it. All the other pseudo-intellectual jiggery-pokery is just fluff and people posting so others can see how erudite or sarcastic they are.

LordArtemis
06.04.2013 , 12:05 PM | #533
That's exactly the point. It's his opinion (as you noted in the part of your post I snipped). Implementing it would take some development resources. He obviously feels the benefits (if any) gained would not be worth that effort. I happen to think they would be. Which is why this argument boils down to nothing more than "I like it" versus "I don't like it." BWEA will make the call based on economics, not notions of "fairness" or "laziness" or how well forum denizens formed their arguments and counter-arguments.
But again, I have to point out that some folks are on the fence...like me....and therefore need to discuss it.

branmakmuffin
06.04.2013 , 12:07 PM | #534
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
But again, I have to point out that some folks are on the fence...like me....and therefore need to discuss it.
Sure, but your ultimate opinion will have no bearing on BWEA's choice (not that that's a reason to not discuss it).

astrobearx
06.04.2013 , 12:13 PM | #535
I specifically did not mention names for a reason. Did you think that was aimed at you?

I've boiled it down to its essentials more than once: do you like the idea or do you not like the idea (or do you not really care one way or the other)? That's all there is to it. All the other pseudo-intellectual jiggery-pokery is just fluff and people posting so others can see how erudite or sarcastic they are.
indeed

basically this thread does come down to...

do you like the idea or do you not like the idea (or do you not really care one way or the other)?

LordArtemis
06.04.2013 , 12:14 PM | #536
Sure, but your ultimate opinion will have no bearing on BWEA's choice (not that that's a reason to not discuss it).
I don't know about that....many of our opinions at launch and up to the launch of F2P seemed to have a bearing on BW choice with respect to many of the recent changes....which they pointed out publicly on more than one occasion.

Now my opinion is naturally no more important than navel lint. But the overall consensus may have some weight. Bioware does seem to pay attention to customer feedback and suggestions.

Khevar
06.04.2013 , 12:14 PM | #537
Your comments "nonsensical post" were aimed at MajikMyst.

When I gave my interpretation of his post (without even mentioning if I agreed with it or not), you further related it it "fevered imaginations"

Quote:
Again with the nastiness "pseudo-intellectual jiggery-pokery"

It's true, people either don't like the idea, or they like the idea. But instead of people posting "I like it" or "I don't like it" people are trying to explain why they do or don't like it. This is what a discussion is all about.

The main thing that resonated with me as a potential con, is the idea that players would "need" on loot drops for the "alternate AC spec." I've spent hours on threads about loot rules, arguing against some of the people in this very thread, with me saying "Need is for main toon upgrade", "Greed is for companions"

It isn't a stretch to see arguments about "I was a Shadow Tank in a FP, and a Sage just ninja'd a Shield offhand for his 'alternate AC offspec'"

Is this enough to say "no AC respec"? Probably not. But it's worth talking about.

branmakmuffin
06.04.2013 , 12:19 PM | #538
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Your comments "nonsensical post" were aimed at MajikMyst.
Are you MajikMyst?

Quote:
The main thing that resonated with me as a potential con, is the idea that players would "need" on loot drops for the "alternate AC spec." I've spent hours on threads about loot rules, arguing against some of the people in this very thread, with me saying "Need is for main toon upgrade", "Greed is for companions"
People select "Need" inappropriately anyway. Brut really, who cares? It's a game. That's what is so hard to understand about the "against it" folks. They are getting so angry about a game.

LordArtemis
06.04.2013 , 12:21 PM | #539
.....They are getting so angry about a game.
Well, in all fairness some of the pro folks have gotten a bit animated as well.

Khevar
06.04.2013 , 12:23 PM | #540
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Well, in all fairness some of the pro folks have gotten a bit animated as well.
Heh. Exactly.