Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

ETA on Advanced Class change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ETA on Advanced Class change?

Deewe's Avatar


Deewe
07.25.2014 , 08:04 AM | #5331
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Instead of designing classes to be balanced, I would have designed them to be UNBALANCED, using a rock/paper/scissors approach. You would have one class you would dominate, one you would have difficulty against, and the others you would be about equal.

THIS truly would have made PVP interesting and challenging IMO. AND would have made your classes truly unique.
The only balanced PvP is FPS as everyone has the same HP pool and can have access to the same gear.

Then totally agree unbalanced classes is the way to go, still then everyone should be able to totally rescpec his character class, skill gear for PVP.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Jaxtes's Avatar


Jaxtes
09.11.2014 , 12:21 AM | #5332
I support advanced class switch and hope it comes soon. It can work like a rename with 1 month cooldown.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
09.11.2014 , 12:23 AM | #5333
Oh my GOD you did not resurrect this thread!!!!

lol

Just kidding. I knew this thread would rear it's ugly head at some point.

Essence_of_Light's Avatar


Essence_of_Light
09.11.2014 , 12:33 AM | #5334
Whelp... guess its time for this thread to come back again and for the pointless debate to go on.... and on.... and on.... and on...


Seriously, both sides of the argument have been done to death. At this point, it isn't even beating a dead horse. It's smashing it's bones into dust.
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, and free CC unlocks!

Jaxtes's Avatar


Jaxtes
09.11.2014 , 12:43 AM | #5335
Oh, i don't want to debate on the points. I support AC change is all.
Besides am sure sensible player will not do HM's as first thing after switching AC.

HelinCarnate's Avatar


HelinCarnate
09.11.2014 , 01:06 AM | #5336
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaxtes View Post
Oh, i don't want to debate on the points. I support AC change is all.
Besides am sure sensible player will not do HM's as first thing after switching AC.
And I don't support it so we are back to where we were before the necro. And since when do you see sensible players in PUGs?
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

Jaxtes's Avatar


Jaxtes
09.11.2014 , 01:09 AM | #5337
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
And I don't support it so we are back to where we were before the necro. And since when do you see sensible players in PUGs?
Well then it wont matter if there is AC switch right. People who want to be a pain can do that even now without having to spend CC for it.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
09.11.2014 , 01:13 AM | #5338
Right now I am more intent on pushing for a UI and Spec loadout save and swap then anything else. I am still not supportive of an AC swap option, and would actually like to see ACs be more meaningful, not less.

But that is just a personal view. I will not deride others for feeling differently.

HelinCarnate's Avatar


HelinCarnate
09.11.2014 , 01:22 AM | #5339
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaxtes View Post
Well then it wont matter if there is AC switch right. People who want to be a pain can do that even now without having to spend CC for it.
Its not that they want to be a pain, its that they happen to do so without even trying. Adding additional ways for stupid people to mess up PUGs is a bad idea.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

Jaxtes's Avatar


Jaxtes
09.11.2014 , 01:23 AM | #5340
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Right now I am more intent on pushing for a UI and Spec loadout save and swap then anything else. I am still not supportive of an AC swap option, and would actually like to see ACs be more meaningful, not less.

But that is just a personal view. I will not deride others for feeling differently.
Agreed if AC where more meaningful it would be interesting, but i don't think Bioware will be doing that that is why i gave up on more class stories
Even if they make them more distinct allowing switch at 55 before they do it sounds reasonable to me.

Besides if people are 100% sure that AC change will ruin Game/PUG's for them then i cannot comment on that as i have never been that certain about any results a change can bring.