Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

ETA on Advanced Class change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ETA on Advanced Class change?

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
06.03.2013 , 08:43 PM | #511
Quote: Originally Posted by Themanthatisi View Post
No, but with pages and pages of replies and people making their thoughts knows, you will notice, i am not for this also becoming a free-for-all.... If you were addressing that specific part, it could be better, for the people following this, to see you quote it.... I would have agreed with you if that was the case.

I want AC changes, I do want restrictions on it.... A field respec of classes, NO.... I also think it would be a one time deal, with a 30 day period to return back, but that's it (per toon). I want to see this implemented as a way for people to correct a bad choice, not so people have options to heal, while tanking or anything else crazy like that.
You cannot even remain consistent in your own defense. Which is it you want-a one time deal, or multiple times? You cannot have both.

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
06.03.2013 , 08:50 PM | #512
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
Currently, there are only two classes who cannot fill more then one roll through respec. Asking for AC respec will increase players gear requirements for all their off specs, but provide no real advantage. most players takin advantage of a feature of this type will already have characters of multiple roles at max level.

I truly feel a feature of this nature wouldn't be used often and would require a lot of time testing and implementing.

For some, its a question of time investment. I get it, you have a nice job and more money then sense. You should be able to mess your characters up however you choose I suppose. For me, it's much easier to level another character with his own bank and gear sets, for additional roles I'm wishing to play...

If you guys are hell bent on giving bioware your money, I'm certain they will take it.

Currently, there are No classes that can fill more than two roles, and therefore no one character can fill more than two roles. Allowing AC changes would throw that restriction right out the window.

We've already had at least two people ask for "one time" changes, but they obviously aren't serious about a one time change is they insist on leaving themselves an "out". It says a lot when even the people who want it restricted to "one time" only want to be able to have at least a second chance to switch.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
06.03.2013 , 10:39 PM | #513
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Currently, there are No classes that can fill more than two roles, and therefore no one character can fill more than two roles. Allowing AC changes would throw that restriction right out the window.

We've already had at least two people ask for "one time" changes, but they obviously aren't serious about a one time change is they insist on leaving themselves an "out". It says a lot when even the people who want it restricted to "one time" only want to be able to have at least a second chance to switch.
I wonder if there is a version of the AC respec which would be restrictive enough to prevent abuse.

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
06.03.2013 , 10:43 PM | #514
The only way I would ever be OK with this is if it were only available at low levels. Maybe even up until like level 40 or something. Once you hit max level or close to max level, no way. I could see someone starting an AC and deciding they don't like it and wanting to switch to the other. But once you get to max level and start gearing? It becomes pay to win.

I still would be against it, but I would be OK with it.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

astrobearx's Avatar


astrobearx
06.03.2013 , 10:45 PM | #515
you guys realize that by posting on this thread and keeping it alive, you are indirectly guaranteeing that AC swap will happen.

for example, look at the legacy datatrons thread


people keep talking about it long enough until bioware went "meh apparently this idea generate such a huge volume of responses, maybe we should do datatrons for legacy"


so in a way, the more people is posting here is guaranteeing it that AC swap will happen.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
06.03.2013 , 10:47 PM | #516
Yes, I think out of all the options the one that makes the most sense and covers the largest amount of problems from the "con" crowd would be allowing the change shortly after it is chosen for the first time...a short window to change your mind.

Spatology's Avatar


Spatology
06.03.2013 , 10:53 PM | #517
If this feature is offered, I don't understand why you would restrict the use of the option....

My sole concern is that trooper and consulars can fill 3 roles, while smugglers and knights are limited to only two. It's plain ole' not fair!

Xeperi's Avatar


Xeperi
06.04.2013 , 06:56 AM | #518
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
We're not talking about "a game," we are talking about this game. There is no necessary competition in TOR unless you choose to add it by PvPing. In fact, PvE is more about cooperation than competition. So you just go back to your "hard work" playing a game and let the adults have their fun.
lol nice bit of trolling. Your argument then is premised on tor not being a game. Fail. You should have given up two posts ago.


Quote:
When I plan to spew hyperbole and illogic, I'll send you a memo first so you will be prepared for it.
Put a brick in that purse before you swing it, it might actually have some affect.

Quote:
Are you implying that canceling the game would adversely affect me, or anyone? Seriously? Gosh, I guess if the game were canceled I'd have to go live in a cave as a hermit because I would not be able to find something else equally entertaining to do with my leisure time and money.
There was no implication. My point is straightforward and coherent: you apparently want to remove competition from the game, making it not a game. Having tor simply disappear would also make it not a game. Would we be adversely affected by making tor "not a game"? No. We just would not have this game to play.

Quote:
And if the demand is there for AC change at a cost of some CC, BWEA will fill that demand. So gale we have come to terms on this and you have abandoned your nonsensical thinking.
The only nonsensical part of my thinking is arguing with you, because you cannot create a legitimate argument against a nonsensical idea.

Themanthatisi's Avatar


Themanthatisi
06.04.2013 , 07:29 AM | #519
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
If this feature is offered, I don't understand why you would restrict the use of the option....

My sole concern is that trooper and consulars can fill 3 roles, while smugglers and knights are limited to only two. It's plain ole' not fair!
I am FOR AC changes, but it has to have "some" restrictions....

first and foremost, I do not want to piss off, nor should BW piss off the "haters" even further, if this becomes something similar to a field re-spec. I do think compromise should be looked at, maybe we keep down the flame wars WHEN it happens, as we all know, it IS in the works.

In reality, changing an AC, is still changing a class.... I know the haters will always say, then you must be for base class changes as well... I am NOT.

I look at changing the AC, as a way to correct a mistake, to give you one chance to be in the other AC, at a price and maybe a one time free return, within 30 days. something like that.....

I do not want to go over again other ideas, myself and others have.... I am FOR IT, but there really needs to be limits... Just my opinion of course, others will differ.
Click HERE for FREE stuff in SWTOR, including 7 free days as a subscriber. For more information, click HERE.

Spatology's Avatar


Spatology
06.04.2013 , 07:42 AM | #520
Quote: Originally Posted by Themanthatisi View Post
I am FOR AC changes, but it has to have "some" restrictions....

first and foremost, I do not want to piss off, nor should BW piss off the "haters" even further, if this becomes something similar to a field re-spec. I do think compromise should be looked at, maybe we keep down the flame wars WHEN it happens, as we all know, it IS in the works.

In reality, changing an AC, is still changing a class.... I know the haters will always say, then you must be for base class changes as well... I am NOT.

I look at changing the AC, as a way to correct a mistake, to give you one chance to be in the other AC, at a price and maybe a one time free return, within 30 days. something like that.....

I do not want to go over again other ideas, myself and others have.... I am FOR IT, but there really needs to be limits... Just my opinion of course, others will differ.
I'm playing the devils advocate here, but, there's no reason to gate the number of times you can change. Or even restrict it from field respec. The only complication i can think of is raids of Sages stealthing through operations to bosses and respecing once they get ready to stage them.

Regardless, This would Devalue and unbalance the game for 2 classes since Knights cant heal, and Smugglers cant tank.