Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ETA on Advanced Class change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ETA on Advanced Class change?

Superman_AZ
05.14.2014 , 01:46 PM | #4841
Quote: Originally Posted by ZahirS View Post
Yes but people should expect good answers, I mean they are devs why would they give a "Maybe" I find all their posts clarifying on their intentions, Eric is one of the favorites.

I really dont understand why people expect: NO most of the time, as if they knew they were wrong in the first place?

Yea Im one of the many folks that do expect a YES with clarifying on their intentions about this subject.
Your expectations should not be a burden to realists.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

ZahirS
05.14.2014 , 01:48 PM | #4842
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post
Your expectations should not be a burden to realists.
Says who?

Im a realist and I know good things do happen.

Khevar
05.14.2014 , 01:50 PM | #4843
First & Second: Eric is not responding to the topic because the topic is volatile and the answer he has will make things worse.
Thanks. I get that this is your opinion, I just don't see this topic as particularly volatile. Here why:

A small handful of people really really want this feature. A small handful of people are really really opposed to this feature. 99% of all posts in this thread are by those same people, who sometimes get on a roll and go back and forth 10-15 times in a single day.

I think the majority of players really don't care one way or the other.

/2cents

Superman_AZ
05.14.2014 , 01:52 PM | #4844
Says who?

Im a realist and I know good things do happen.
Expecting a YES does not make you a realist. It makes you an optimist. A realist hopes for a yes, but anticipates a no. The pessimist will just say, "I know it's a No, so just come in and tell me no".
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

ZahirS
05.14.2014 , 01:52 PM | #4845
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Thanks. I get that this is your opinion, I just don't see this topic as particularly volatile. Here why:

A small handful of people really really want this feature. A small handful of people are really really opposed to this feature. 99% of all posts in this thread are by those same people, who sometimes get on a roll and go back and forth 10-15 times in a single day.

/2cents
Right....what a insightful, down to the core post....dam

Superman_AZ
05.14.2014 , 01:53 PM | #4846
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post

/2cents
So, if the topic is NOT volatile... he has no excuse for NOT answering Which brings me back to, why the silence?

ZahirS
05.14.2014 , 01:54 PM | #4847
Expecting a YES does not make you a realist. It makes you an optimist. A realist hopes for a yes, but anticipates a no. The pessimist will just say, "I know it's a No, so just come in and tell me no".
I realist evalutes the scenario:

A realist will expect based on that, the amount of people supporting, the amount of work to it, the amount of of impact to the game overall.

for me it leans to a YES. Because im realist.

Realists arent pessimistic when they ask for something, because realists know they are right.

Thoronmir
05.14.2014 , 01:55 PM | #4848
Personally, I doubt Iíd ever bother with changing my Advanced Class if they added the feature. Iíve played enough ACs to know what I like and what I donít like. It might have been nice to have the option early on (i.e., when the game released). My first character was a Shadow and it took until he was in his mid-30s to realize how much I hated the class. I started a Sage instead and love the class so much, I have four of them now. The Shadow was long ago cast into Delete oblivion.

I pretty much agree with those who suggest that it does not take until level 55 to decide whether you like your AC. If the rationale for changing AC is a hearty dislike of the AC you chose, I suppose they could set a maximum level to change AC (say, around 30ish) Ö to give a player time to try out an AC to see if itís fun.

Iím not sure I agree with the justifications offered by those who advocate letting 55s change their AC. That seems to dance close to making class choice almost irrelevant. In my opinion, there is something Ö off Ö about allowing a character to press a button and change its very essence. I would find characters frequently flip-flopping between ACs distasteful and unseemly. But my opinion is no reason to deny players the option. Plenty of people like chocolate, and I canít stand the stuff.

But the reason I have a hard time arguing against AC changes is that I just donít see how it affects me. The chief complaint seems to be a concern over someone changing their AC, but having no experience or understanding of playing that AC or using those skills. Such disadvantaged characters (arguably) jeopardize the success of the group play in which they engage. But I have a solution to that concern, which I shall set forth as a modest proposal to resolve the debate:

Allow anyone to change their AC at any time, at any level (subject to some fee charged in either CCs or credits, of course). But, anyone who changes their AC gets marked with a designator beside their character name so other players know they have changed their AC. The Group Finder would have an option to not group you with anyone so designated. The designator would need to be easily understood and sufficiently graphically distinct to not get lost in all the blue name/title/guild text we already see. My suggestion? We mark anyone who changes their AC with a scarlet ďAĒ (for Advanced Class).

Superman_AZ
05.14.2014 , 01:56 PM | #4849
I realist evalutes the scenario:

A realist will expect based on that, the amount of people supporting, the amount of work to it, the amount of of impact to the game overall.

for me it leans to a YES. Because im realist.

Realists arent pessimistic when they ask for something, because realists know they are right.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/realist

Quote:
a person who tends to view or represent things as they really are.
As they are... not as they want it to be.

ZahirS
05.14.2014 , 02:00 PM | #4850
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/realist

As they are... not as they want it to be.
What you think they are, affects what they are.