Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ETA on Advanced Class change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ETA on Advanced Class change?

ZahirS
05.12.2014 , 11:45 AM | #4761
I really need this devs, I went Gunslinger but I mod, walk and talk like a Scoundrel and I really like my character.

Please implement as Legacy perk and CM item.

This would increment my time playing this game.

Anzel
05.12.2014 , 01:01 PM | #4762
This thread was started almost a year ago and there still is absolutely no response from EA whatsoever. What's going on? I bet if we were reporting an exploit or selling credits we'd get a response before EOB. This is ridiculous.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Superman_AZ
05.12.2014 , 01:31 PM | #4763
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
This thread was started almost a year ago and there still is absolutely no response from EA whatsoever. What's going on? I bet if we were reporting an exploit or selling credits we'd get a response before EOB. This is ridiculous.
Makes ya wonder how it went this long without any type of response. Guess this just isn't on their radar anymore.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

TUXs
05.12.2014 , 01:34 PM | #4764
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post
Makes ya wonder how it went this long without any type of response. Guess this just isn't on their radar anymore.
It means no such thing - they said it will likely happen eventually, not soon. Coding for an MMO isn't like ordering fast food, things take time and other things are likely a higher priority atm.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

RWScissors
05.12.2014 , 01:36 PM | #4765
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
I wouldn't read too much into that. How long did the question of player housing go unanswered until recently when they announced Galactic Strongholds?
'Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.'
Mark Twain

Superman_AZ
05.12.2014 , 02:12 PM | #4766
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
It means no such thing - they said it will likely happen eventually, not soon. Coding for an MMO isn't like ordering fast food, things take time and other things are likely a higher priority atm.
It could mean anything. Neither of us work for BW, and they have not bothered to respond in 18 months. Also, if it takes more than 18 months to code something they already coded previously, they're doing something wrong.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Vhaegrant
05.12.2014 , 03:48 PM | #4767
Quote: Originally Posted by RWScissors View Post
I wouldn't read too much into that. How long did the question of player housing go unanswered until recently when they announced Galactic Strongholds?
I think Legacy banking is a good example.

As far as I recall the basic stance from devs on legacy banking had always been, there's a viable work around, just send items through your mail. When legacy was launched they opened up the ability to send mail cross faction so it seemed to be even less likely to happen.

And then, with little fan fare and no gold font in specific threads of the forums it was, 'Oh, btw, Player Housing has legacy banking too.'

Savej
05.12.2014 , 03:58 PM | #4768
At a cantina event earlier this year (Phoenix one) someone even said a legacy vault was too hard to code and wouldn't happen...

ZahirS
05.12.2014 , 04:53 PM | #4769
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
At a cantina event earlier this year (Phoenix one) someone even said a legacy vault was too hard to code and wouldn't happen...
Seriously doubt this.

Vhaegrant
05.12.2014 , 05:11 PM | #4770
Quote: Originally Posted by ZahirS View Post
Seriously doubt this.
From the Phoenix Cantina event on January 31st, 2014 (less than six months ago )
Full Transcript over at Ootinicast -> http://ootinicast.com/2014/02/commun...ntina-phoenix/

Quote:
Q: Are there any plans to increase the Legacy cap beyond 50, or provide any incentives to attain that level, such as Legacy banks so that you don’t have to mail credits to your alts etc?
A: They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future.

Q: What are the plans to improve guild functionality in game: guild email, capital ships etc?
A: Currently nothing is specifically planned. A lot of the features requested would be technically challenging.

Q: The technical difficulties that keep being referred to: are these in relation to the game engine?
A: Each time they give that response, it’s due to a different technical difficulty such as architecture or something else.
I think it's a good bet that one of the technical difficulties they encounter is when is too early to reveal something the player base has been asking for since launch, without the player base then setting their expectations unreasonably high