Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ETA on Advanced Class change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ETA on Advanced Class change?

Achislett
05.27.2013 , 12:11 PM | #31
Changing your advanced class I do not agree with. What I would like to see is the ability to change talent trees on the fly.

Dismayven
05.27.2013 , 12:19 PM | #32
subscribers can have 12 chars on one server, if you buy the unlock u can have 22 chars on one server. stop being lazy and make another character. i have 11 characters and will make the other 5 when these 11 are lvled up. quit crying and lvl another char

Avicii
05.27.2013 , 12:58 PM | #33
I don't like this idea either but if it is put in you almost guarantee it will not be what people want. It's gonna be expensive and likely have a level cap on it. That is all I would agree with. At max level it can cause too many problems and will cause massive whining due to it if it went that route.

If it goes in level 30 should be max allowed level IMHO for all the reasons already stated.

Good day

SithKoriandr
05.27.2013 , 01:20 PM | #34
Aren't some of the posters saying "Nuuuu!" also some of the ones who are okay with BW putting everything else on the Cartel Market
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

chuixupu
05.27.2013 , 01:27 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by jedip_enguin View Post
I rolled a Paladin but I want to be a Warrior now, wah wah let me pay money to convert so I don't have to level again.
That's why you roll a druid, so you can be a tank, melee dps, ranged dps, or healer.

Honestly, I don't see an AC change being a big deal. Your story doesn't change, your resource doesn't change, your main stat doesn't change, your buff doesn't change, the majority of gear you use doesn't change. You even share a lot of abilities. The only major change is Warriors/Knights having two different armor classes - the rest don't.

I wouldn't want this to be a thing where you can just swap back and forth at will, but it would be nice if you had the option - have it cost a lot of money, put a cooldown in on how often you can change it.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

SW_display_name
05.27.2013 , 01:55 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyoga_ View Post
That ill be the day many of us will quit the game.
Yeah, yeah, we know. Don't let the door hit your bum on the way out.

Ratajack
05.27.2013 , 01:57 PM | #37
Hopefully, this will never be implemented.

The two biggest reasons I've seen for wanting this are:

"My AC got nerfed, or the other AC got buffed and I want to play the OP AC now."
and
"I want to level easy mode and switch to the other AC for end game".

Neither one of those two reason is sufficient to allow class changes, IMO.

SW_display_name
05.27.2013 , 01:59 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
If people are too lazy to level characters and want to take the easy route, it's fine by me. But Bioware could make some money off of this that could help the game for the rest of us who actually enjoy playing the game.
It is very presumptive and unconstructive to intimate that someone who wishes to keep their current character, but try a different role, is doing it strictly out of "laziness" or a lack of desire to play the game. In fact, if you stop slinging petty insults long enough to think about it, you can come up with a list of many other reasons someone might want to flip ACs without re-rolling.

Tweaked
05.27.2013 , 02:02 PM | #39
Yeah.... they've ALWAYS said "Not gonna happen", "Never" and "no" when asked about this.

TheNahash
05.27.2013 , 02:09 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Isnt that what many said would happen if F2P happened?
And it did.
But you are comparing two very different things.

With F2P a certain amount of subscribers left, either because they disagreed with the change or because they were bored or because they simply thought going preferred worked better for them now that that was an option. However, the player numbers were increased significantly by the new F2Pers that more than made up for the lost subs in terms of sheer numbers.

Unlike that change though, this change would definitely not have such a huge impact on the number of players. Obviously some would unsub, but then again people unsub every day for the most irrational reasons, and a small number would be satisfied with the change. However there is no way numbers will go up with this change because it's not something that makes you want to play a game.

In other words, they have nothing to gain from this, unless the price is really high.
In fact, they'll be losing subs when people won't have to level an Assassin AND a Sorcerer (etc.).
But, if that is what it takes to keep the game going, I don't care either way.
I just find it stupid because half the fun of a class is in learning it from scratch, but to each their own I suppose.