Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ETA on Advanced Class change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ETA on Advanced Class change?

Glower
10.25.2013 , 08:46 AM | #3341
These developers have promised a lot of things, mostly lies. And "fundamental" does not fit here.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

TUXs
10.25.2013 , 08:54 AM | #3342
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
What does the devs seeing AC's a different classes have to do with F2P? That's not even apples and oranges. That's more like apples and teepees.

Left and center skill trees say "hi". You ignore, BTW, that even the right skill trees are NOT identical. They share the same name and many of the skills, but they are NOT identical.
He was demonstrating that just because they one time said one thing, it's not unchangeable.

ALL the base class skills are IDENTICAL! Half of any classes "rotation" is based around BASE skills. Left tree, right tree, middle tree...the class is the class, AC is just an artificial wall separating the two.

Again, this boils down to the fact that there hasn't been even ONE valid reason not to allow AC change. NOT ONE after all these freaking pages. NONE!
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 free transfer • 7-day free sub • Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

DOHboy
10.25.2013 , 08:58 AM | #3343
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
These developers have promised a lot of things, mostly lies. And "fundamental" does not fit here.
lied how so? And you wonder why we get "soon" or "we're looking into it".

Lying would imply malice, I can't think of one thing that was so blatantly contradictory to imply malicious intent.

I guess they could put a " *subject to change" after every decision they make based on the current state of the game. Such that any comment made prior to current state will be open to interpretation. IF they could predict the future they wouldn't be making video games.

HelinCarnate
10.25.2013 , 09:06 AM | #3344
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
He was demonstrating that just because they one time said one thing, it's not unchangeable.

ALL the base class skills are IDENTICAL! Half of any classes "rotation" is based around BASE skills. Left tree, right tree, middle tree...the class is the class, AC is just an artificial wall separating the two.

Again, this boils down to the fact that there hasn't been even ONE valid reason not to allow AC change. NOT ONE after all these freaking pages. NONE!
There have been plenty of valid reasons not to allow AC changes. Just because you don't agree with the reasons does not make them any less valid.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

Ratajack
10.25.2013 , 09:06 AM | #3345

That's right. I forgot. You know more than the devs, so the devs must be wrong when they say that AC's are DIFFERENT classes, no matter what the player's opinion are. Oh, wait...

There has been one valid reason to allow class changes. Laziness is NOT a valid reason.

TUXs
10.25.2013 , 09:07 AM | #3346
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
There have been plenty of valid reasons not to allow AC changes. Just because you don't agree with the reasons does not make them any less valid.
Name ONE please.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 free transfer • 7-day free sub • Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Ratajack
10.25.2013 , 09:10 AM | #3347
Name ONE please.
There's 330+ pages of them. Go back and read those pages. You could even shorten that and read one of LordArtemis' condensed posts.

We could post them again, but since they do not mesh with your desire to see class changes, you would choose to ignore them as you have this entire thread.

HelinCarnate
10.25.2013 , 09:11 AM | #3348
There's 330+ pages of them. Go back and read those pages. You could even shorten that and read one of LordArtemis' condensed posts.

We could post them again, but since they do not mesh with your desire to see class changes, you would choose to ignore them as you have this entire thread.
Beat me to it
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

TUXs
10.25.2013 , 09:12 AM | #3349

No...that's not how it works, if you think you know a valid reason, list it Rat. Gimme ONE...make it good.

TUXs
10.25.2013 , 09:13 AM | #3350
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
Beat me to it
So you can't name ONE either? Classic lol. Whining and being nosy are the only "reasons" I've seen.