Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ETA on Advanced Class change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ETA on Advanced Class change?

JPryde
05.27.2013 , 03:40 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
OP edited to better upset cranky get-off-my-lawn haters!
Oh, I very much knew your quote already and I still hope that "eventually" translates to "never".
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

LordRahlik
05.27.2013 , 05:11 AM | #12
It's a terrible idea. You need to roll an alt to get another AC. Why would you even want to do it?
Say you switch from Juggernaut to Maurauder. *ALL* your wearable gear would be useless since Maurauder cannot use Heavy Armour. Is that... fun?

And besides it would allow very strange possibilities.
Think: I play an Assassin up to 55 so I can sneak between mobs and then I swap to my Sorcerer which cannot sneak but I can play coolishly in Ops?!?!?

*IF* they come out with it, I'm otta here. Then the game is ruined.
Seriously...
Societies in decline tend not to innovate. I just wish we had cellphones to report quests. Guess light speed tech and cell phone tech are mutually exclusive.
I know this image is supposed to be an insult, but it's not.
Two similar games and yet SW:ToR is so much better.

Fastdoze
05.27.2013 , 06:21 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Noblis View Post
Not gonna happen. Put it out of your mind.

You can't "mess up" building your profession in this game. You can re-spec your tree
if you don't like things. That is enough for most people.

Want a different AC? The solution is rolling an alt.
though i do agree with you, there is a major floor in that, we dont have 16 character slots to create every AC in the game on one server on the same legacy, and though there are mirror classes, and the abilities have identical effects as their mirror, the animation is different and I would want to see that, and one last thing... if anyone thought I couldn't make enough end game toons to fill the limited 12 slots available on the server I play on, oh how wrong you would be.

Ratajack
05.27.2013 , 06:53 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Fastdoze View Post
though i do agree with you, there is a major floor in that, we dont have 16 character slots to create every AC in the game on one server on the same legacy, and though there are mirror classes, and the abilities have identical effects as their mirror, the animation is different and I would want to see that, and one last thing... if anyone thought I couldn't make enough end game toons to fill the limited 12 slots available on the server I play on, oh how wrong you would be.
It may cost some CC's, but you can purchase extra character slots and have up to 22 characters on a server, plenty of space for all 16 AC's.

JPryde
05.27.2013 , 07:00 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Fastdoze View Post
though i do agree with you, there is a major floor in that, we dont have 16 character slots to create every AC in the game on one server on the same legacy, ...
Only speak for yourself, as *I* do have 16 char slots in my legacy. (only one of those slots was paid with cartel coins by myself. The rest I bought off the market).
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

TheDarkRanger
05.27.2013 , 10:26 AM | #16
Thats a nice suggestion, I definitely agree with you. There should be AC change with Cartel Coins and with a cooldown which should be a long time. For example you have a commando and also you have lots of rare items and rare speeders, pets, etc and you dont like being healer with that character or being stationary ranged dps. You should be allowed to change your AC. So you will be able to try a tank or semi-melee dps with your all items that you had collected before. Also it won't affect your story or planet missions and codex.

Eillack
05.27.2013 , 10:30 AM | #17
Never OP.

It's one of the most known facts in TOR.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

LordArtemis
05.27.2013 , 10:33 AM | #18
The devs have already stated interest in bringing this in to the game. So it is no longer a fact that it will not happen, though it is unlikely to happen. That "fact" went out the door with the prior dev team I would expect.

You can, however, hope it does not happen and believe it would be a mistake. You are naturally entitled to that opinion. I share that opinion.

Eitetsu
05.27.2013 , 10:39 AM | #19
I'm on the fence with this one. The game gets funding through subs, and originally, if you wanted to try a different advanced class, you would have to create a new toon and play more. Which means more sub time and more funds for the game. But now, since you can drop your sub and play to lvl 50 FOR FREE, it's not as effective a way of getting funds anymore.

So offer AC change on the CM! Now we can regain some of the lost funding! Makes sense to me. HOWEVER:

You begin walking a fine line here. At that point, why not offer the ability on the CM to create a lvl 55 character out of thin air? I can see the justification for it now, "We want to offer players who have limited play time the ability to jump right into the endgame and 'skip the leveling grind.'"

Slippery slope my friends. Tread carefully.
Eitetsu - Assassin; Tenzinn - Marauder; Kathedra - Mercenary; Korrana - Operative; Murasaki - Sorcerer; Tathata - Juggernaut; Weißreiter - Sniper; Aureatus - Powertech

WarGame
05.27.2013 , 10:57 AM | #20
It's a shame that so many do not realize this is going to happen. They are going to put everything in that market that will make them money, this will make them money