Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

ETA on Advanced Class change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ETA on Advanced Class change?

Hizoka's Avatar


Hizoka
06.14.2013 , 05:19 PM | #1031
Quote: Originally Posted by PeterTLJr View Post
See now your backtracking because I proved you wrong, you said that once they decided if they were a sniper or pilot, that they werent a marine anymore, you didnt physically say that but you said that my vanguard is no longer a trooper hes a vanguard while trying to use marines as an example, which is the same thing as saying that if a marine decides to be a sniper, hes no longer a marine, hes a sniper.
the only thing you have proven is that you do ont know what "fundamental" means and that you simply ignore EVERYTHING presented that doesn't support you want of a free max level class...


Also Rift does not have ACs, they have "souls" which is what they call their talent trees. They simply have 8 talent trees where a vanguard has 3. They are not ACs... you are just not smart enough to get it, you just prove with each post you make that you are a child and lack the ability to understand certain things...


Going to your "marine" analogy. Once you becomes a marine sniper you never ever change and becomes a pilot. You are a marine but once a sniper you are a sniper you do not ever get the option of dropping the years of training they put into you to go and try and be pilot. So you proved though you own statement that AC changes cannot happen.

However this will fall on deaf ears simply because your mind will never be capable of understanding anything outside what you want. You are still trying to fit the square peg in the round hole and just claiming that the round hole is actually square if you say it enough.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
06.14.2013 , 05:20 PM | #1032
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Actually it isn't self serving.. It is fact.. The same outcome can be accomplished by rolling a new character as opposed to swapping your class.. They just don't want to roll a new character.. That is laziness.. Case closed..

This is why all the attempted reasons for swapping your class are moot.. Just roll another character.. Problem solved..
lol.

You have stated your opinion. Thanks for participating. Were going to get back to the discussion now.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
06.14.2013 , 05:28 PM | #1033
Quote:
........And if the developers decide to acquiesce to cries for convenience, that is their call but it will cheapen this game in much the same way that going to F2P and the cartel market have.
The reason I removed the name is because I am not directing this post at the person that posted that comment.

It is important, IMO, to point this out. This is not the first time I have seen this sentiment from the con crowd.

I also note that quite a few of the regular posters in this thread were against many of the convenience features added recently in the past, and used many of the same arguments.

There are a few folks here on the con side that have a history of meaningful and reasonable posts, both for and against...I think it's pretty easy to pick those folks out.

Naturally it's very difficult to weed out the "we should have it period" or "no reason to have it period" type of folks...they seem to want to stifle the discussion. I am suspicious of the motives.

In fact, I would pose that the one proposal that upsets both the hardcore pro and con sides is probably the one that should be implemented. Seems to me the demotion to level 10 suggestion has upset just the right people.

That one may be the winner.

PeterTLJr's Avatar


PeterTLJr
06.14.2013 , 05:32 PM | #1034
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
The reason I removed the name is because I am not directing this post at the person that posted that comment.

It is important, IMO, to point this out. This is not the first time I have seen this sentiment from the con crowd.

I also note that quite a few of the regular posters in this thread were against many of the convenience features added recently in the past, and used many of the same arguments.

There are a few folks here on the con side that have a history of meaningful and reasonable posts, both for and against...I think it's pretty easy to pick those folks out.

Naturally it's very difficult to weed out the "we should have it period" or "no reason to have it period" type of folks...they seem to want to stifle the discussion. I am suspicious of the motives.

In fact, I would pose that the one proposal that upsets both the hardcore pro and con sides is probably the one that should be implemented. Seems to me the demotion to level 10 suggestion has upset just the right people.

That one may be the winner.
Its also important to point out that we cant just rule this feature out because some people dont like it. There will always be a section of people who are for and against features being added.
In order to appreciate the Light, you must spend time in the Darkness.
Peace will win and fear will lose.

Hizoka's Avatar


Hizoka
06.14.2013 , 05:32 PM | #1035
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
The reason I removed the name is because I am not directing this post at the person that posted that comment.

It is important, IMO, to point this out. This is not the first time I have seen this sentiment from the con crowd.

I also note that quite a few of the regular posters in this thread were against many of the convenience features added recently in the past, and used many of the same arguments.

There are a few folks here on the con side that have a history of meaningful and reasonable posts, both for and against...I think it's pretty easy to pick those folks out.

Naturally it's very difficult to weed out the "we should have it period" or "no reason to have it period" type of folks...they seem to want to stifle the discussion. I am suspicious of the motives.

In fact, I would pose that the one proposal that upsets both the hardcore pro and con sides is probably the one that should be implemented. Seems to me the demotion to level 10 suggestion has upset just the right people.

That one may be the winner.
sorry but nothing in the cartel market allows you to skip the leveling process. Changing ACs is nothing more then pay to win its granting someone a completely new class, plain and simple. It is no different then offering kell dragon gear on the cartel market.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
06.14.2013 , 05:34 PM | #1036
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post

Going to your "marine" analogy. Once you becomes a marine sniper you never ever change and becomes a pilot. You are a marine but once a sniper you are a sniper you do not ever get the option of dropping the years of training they put into you to go and try and be pilot.
This is false, at least with respect to the US Military. People change their MOS in the military all the time, and are encouraged to do so. It is called cross training, and you are allowed to change your MOS if you qualify in a new one. You can even choose to keep your original MOS as your primary and adopt a secondary, or simply replace the primary with the secondary.

No one is bound to their MOS if there is a school available and a slot open. You can literally be anything and do anything you want in the US Military as long as you show competence and can get an open slot.

Perhaps you were speaking of another countries military service.

PeterTLJr's Avatar


PeterTLJr
06.14.2013 , 05:35 PM | #1037
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
sorry but nothing int he cartel market allows you to skip the leveling process. Changing ACs is nothing more then pay to win its granting someone a completely new class, plain and simple. It is no different then offering kell dragon gear on the cartel market.
Why must you guys keep stretching this? We ask for AC changing not class changing, then you compare it to asking for free gear...
In order to appreciate the Light, you must spend time in the Darkness.
Peace will win and fear will lose.

PeterTLJr's Avatar


PeterTLJr
06.14.2013 , 05:35 PM | #1038
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
This is false, at least with respect to the US Military. People change their MOS in the military all the time, and are encouraged to do so. It is called cross training, and you are allowed to change your MOS if you qualify in a new one. You can even choose to keep your original MOS as your primary and adopt a secondary, or simply replace the primary with the secondary.

No one is bound to their MOS if there is a school available and a slot open. You can literally be anything and do anything you want in the US Military as long as you show competence and can get an open slot.

Perhaps you were speaking of another countries military service.
Boom.
In order to appreciate the Light, you must spend time in the Darkness.
Peace will win and fear will lose.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
06.14.2013 , 05:35 PM | #1039
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
sorry but nothing int he cartel market allows you to skip the leveling process. Changing ACs is nothing more then pay to win its granting someone a completely new class, plain and simple. It is no different then offering kell dragon gear on the cartel market.
You don't have to say your sorry. I'm not sorry. Your entitled to express your opinion.

But it is only that...your opinion. As is mine I might add, and neither of us has an opinion that is more or less important than the other.

It is important for me to point out that, despite some comments from the pro side there are reputable reasons NOT to add this to the game and I think that any discussion about adding it should address those concerns if possible.

Hizoka's Avatar


Hizoka
06.14.2013 , 05:37 PM | #1040
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
This is false, at least with respect to the US Military. People change their MOS in the military all the time, and are encouraged to do so. It is called cross training, and you are allowed to change your MOS if you qualify in a new one. You can even choose to keep your original MOS as your primary and adopt a secondary, or simply replace the primary with the secondary.

No one is bound to their MOS if there is a school available and a slot open. You can literally be anything and do anything you want in the US Military as long as you show competence and can get an open slot.

Perhaps you were speaking of another countries military service.
wow... you really do not get it... you do not "cross train" in that diverse of jobs.

but whatever dude if you want to keep your ignorant argument alive of wanting a free max level class for nothing then go for it... you are far too stupid to argue with you have proved it over and over.