Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

ETA on Advanced Class change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ETA on Advanced Class change?

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
06.14.2013 , 04:41 PM | #1021
Quote: Originally Posted by PeterTLJr View Post
Why would they give abilities to him then if he wasnt a class? If trooper wasnt a class, why do we still keep the trooper abilities after selecting our AC (spec)?
Pay close attention once again. I'm typing RRREEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL slowly again.

Trooper is your base class around which the story line is written. The story line that BW chose to use for two CLASSES, vanguard and commando. using a single story line for two classes allowed BW to save development time and money by not having to write 16 story lines, create another 20 companions and their quest chains, find at least another 36 voice actors (20 companions, 8 male voice actors for the males of each additional class and 8 female voice actors for the female versions of each additional class.). That number does not even include all the NPC's that would need to be voiced.

Just as all marines share some basic skills, so do all troopers. These would be your base skills, not your CLASS skills. That sharing of some basic skills does not make the marine pilot the same class as the marine sniper or allow them to change jobs, just as the shared base skills of a vanguard and commando do not make them the same class and allow them to switch classes.

PeterTLJr's Avatar


PeterTLJr
06.14.2013 , 04:47 PM | #1022
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Pay close attention once again. I'm typing RRREEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL slowly again.

Trooper is your base class around which the story line is written. The story line that BW chose to use for two CLASSES, vanguard and commando. using a single story line for two classes allowed BW to save development time and money by not having to write 16 story lines, create another 20 companions and their quest chains, find at least another 36 voice actors (20 companions, 8 male voice actors for the males of each additional class and 8 female voice actors for the female versions of each additional class.). That number does not even include all the NPC's that would need to be voiced.

Just as all marines share some basic skills, so do all troopers. These would be your base skills, not your CLASS skills. That sharing of some basic skills does not make the marine pilot the same class as the marine sniper or allow them to change jobs, just as the shared base skills of a vanguard and commando do not make them the same class and allow them to switch classes.
Ok im going answer very slowly.
A marine, is a marine, doesnt matter his role as a marine, hes still a marine. Have you ever heard a marine say "oh, i was a marine, but since i decided to be a sniper, im no longer a marine"? Because by your logic, they arent marines anymore, they are a sniper and a pilot, which would be a complete insult to say they arent marines just because they dont do the same thing as a marine.
In order to appreciate the Light, you must spend time in the Darkness.
Peace will win and fear will lose.

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
06.14.2013 , 04:49 PM | #1023
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Pay close attention once again. I'm typing RRREEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL slowly again.
Hey, what's next from you,"Lalalalalalalalala I'm not listening you?"

We can tell the weakness of your argument by the lack of originality of your insults.

Breitai's Avatar


Breitai
06.14.2013 , 04:51 PM | #1024
Quote: Originally Posted by PeterTLJr View Post
Ok im going answer very slowly.
A marine, is a marine, doesnt matter his role as a marine, hes still a marine. Have you ever heard a marine say "oh, i was a marine, but since i decided to be a sniper, im no longer a marine"? Because by your logic, they arent marines anymore, they are a sniper and a pilot, which would be a complete insult to say they arent marines just because they dont do the same thing as a marine.
Dude, you're way off base with that one.

PeterTLJr's Avatar


PeterTLJr
06.14.2013 , 04:54 PM | #1025
Quote: Originally Posted by Breitai View Post
Dude, you're way off base with that one.
Hes saying that since my trooper picked vanguard hes no longer a trooper. Then used marines trying to prove it.
So by his logic, if a marine specs into Piloting, hes a pilot, not a marine. How is that off base?
In order to appreciate the Light, you must spend time in the Darkness.
Peace will win and fear will lose.

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
06.14.2013 , 04:54 PM | #1026
Quote: Originally Posted by PeterTLJr View Post
Ok im going answer very slowly.
A marine, is a marine, doesnt matter his role as a marine, hes still a marine. Have you ever heard a marine say "oh, i was a marine, but since i decided to be a sniper, im no longer a marine"? Because by your logic, they arent marines anymore, they are a sniper and a pilot, which would be a complete insult to say they arent marines just because they dont do the same thing as a marine.
No. By my logic, they are both still marines, but marine is not their class. Their classes are sniper and pilot. They are still both marines. In the same manner that a vanguard and commando still share the trooper story line( which is all the base class does-determine story line, not class), but they are DIFFERENT CLASSES. One is a commando and one is a vanguard.

PeterTLJr's Avatar


PeterTLJr
06.14.2013 , 04:59 PM | #1027
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
No. By my logic, they are both still marines, but marine is not their class. Their classes are sniper and pilot. They are still both marines. In the same manner that a vanguard and commando still share the trooper story line( which is all the base class does-determine story line, not class), but they are DIFFERENT CLASSES. One is a commando and one is a vanguard.
See now your backtracking because I proved you wrong, you said that once they decided if they were a sniper or pilot, that they werent a marine anymore, you didnt physically say that but you said that my vanguard is no longer a trooper hes a vanguard while trying to use marines as an example, which is the same thing as saying that if a marine decides to be a sniper, hes no longer a marine, hes a sniper.
In order to appreciate the Light, you must spend time in the Darkness.
Peace will win and fear will lose.

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
06.14.2013 , 05:04 PM | #1028
Quote: Originally Posted by PeterTLJr View Post
See now your backtracking because I proved you wrong, you said that once they decided if they were a sniper or pilot, that they werent a marine anymore, you didnt physically say that but you said that my vanguard is no longer a trooper hes a vanguard while trying to use marines as an example, which is the same thing as saying that if a marine decides to be a sniper, hes no longer a marine, hes a sniper.
Do you ever see a "trooper-vanguard" or a "trooper-commando"? NO? That's because they do not exist. The CLASS is vanguard or commando, once that choice is made.

In a similar question, do you ever see a class "vanguard-assualt specialist" or even a class "assault specialist"? NO. That is because assault specialist is the spec and VANGUARD is the CLASS.

PeterTLJr's Avatar


PeterTLJr
06.14.2013 , 05:05 PM | #1029
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Do you ever see a "trooper-vanguard" or a "trooper-commando"? NO? That's because they do not exist. The CLASS is vanguard or commando, once that choice is made.

In a similar question, do you ever see a class "vanguard-assualt specialist" or even a class "assault specialist"? NO. That is because assault specialist is the spec and VANGUARD is the CLASS.
We arent using the marine example anymore? Ok

They can label my trooper whatever they want, hes still a trooper, vanguard or commando is still the TROOPER.
In order to appreciate the Light, you must spend time in the Darkness.
Peace will win and fear will lose.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
06.14.2013 , 05:17 PM | #1030
Of all the different pros and cons of AC swapping we could talk about, isn't this particular one the least interesting?

Just sayin'