Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

ETA on Advanced Class change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ETA on Advanced Class change?

Hizoka's Avatar


Hizoka
06.14.2013 , 04:15 PM | #1011
Quote: Originally Posted by PeterTLJr View Post
Paladin doesnt have a skill tree either until you pick protection retribution or holy. The number of skill trees each spec is irrelevant.
dude you do not know wow so every time you try to make that comparison you flounder and weaken your incorrect view.

Paladins have 3 SPECS. Ret Holy and Prot. A Vanguard has 3 specs Shield Tactics and Assault. That is the correct analogy.

A paladin changes specs to go from a tank to a DPS just like a vanguard changes specs to go from a tank for a DPS.

You are trying to put a square peg into a round hole. Changing a vanguard into a commando is like changing a paladin into a hunter. The sad and pathetic thing is you simply are not smart enough to realize 2+2=4. Mo matter what saying something that is not true, regardless of how many times it is said it will never become true.

Hizoka's Avatar


Hizoka
06.14.2013 , 04:17 PM | #1012
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Tell me what other MMO's have this "basic feature". Rift is designed from the ground up to have no permanent class selection. This game has a PERMANENT class selection.

Now, tell me how many MMO's allow a player to undo a PERMANENT class selection. How many MMO's with a PERMANENT class selection allow you to change your class?
actually rift does have permanent classes, they simply have 8 talent trees each, but its still 4 classes. Also no matter what you can never turn a rogue in rift into a cleric, which is what he wants to do in SWTOR.

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
06.14.2013 , 04:18 PM | #1013
Quote: Originally Posted by PeterTLJr View Post
Im pretty sure picking a warrior is permanent in that game, once you picked you cant change, same deal in this game. However you can change between the AC in that game.
I have never played Rift. I was giving a few poster's the benefit of the doubt and taking them at their word.

I just checked the RIft website and it appears that you cannot even change class in that game, but you can change your spec. In that game, it appears they refer to specs as souls. That does not make them AC's. It makes them specs.

If you are going to argue that souls are classes, then that game was designed from the ground up to allow for class changes, while this one was not. Prior to launch, the design decision was made that resulted in your CLASS choice being PERMANENT and your class choice being made when you choose your advanced CLASS.

Hizoka's Avatar


Hizoka
06.14.2013 , 04:19 PM | #1014
Quote: Originally Posted by PeterTLJr View Post
Fundamentally different classes, they didnt directly say they are different. The people who made this game have said a lot of things, and some things never happened, and some things they changed their mind on. Doesnt mean a whole lot.
Do you know what "fundamentally" means? Well i guess not going by your post. You might as well keep saying the sky is green, maybe one day the world will change its mind and start calling blue green.

PeterTLJr's Avatar


PeterTLJr
06.14.2013 , 04:22 PM | #1015
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
I have never played Rift. I was giving a few poster's the benefit of the doubt and taking them at their word.

I just checked the RIft website and it appears that you cannot even change class in that game, but you can change your spec. In that game, it appears they refer to specs as souls. That does not make them AC's. It makes them specs.

If you are going to argue that souls are classes, then that game was designed from the ground up to allow for class changes, while this one was not. Prior to launch, the design decision was made that resulted in your CLASS choice being PERMANENT and your class choice being made when you choose your advanced CLASS.
Whats different between souls and AC's? Souls give new skill trees within the base class, same with AC, but they allow it. This game was designed to be able to do it too, they just didnt want to do it right away, which is why they said it will most likely happen now.
In order to appreciate the Light, you must spend time in the Darkness.
Peace will win and fear will lose.

PeterTLJr's Avatar


PeterTLJr
06.14.2013 , 04:24 PM | #1016
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
Do you know what "fundamentally" means? Well i guess not going by your post. You might as well keep saying the sky is green, maybe one day the world will change its mind and start calling blue green.
So, changing ACs result in the sky being green?
In order to appreciate the Light, you must spend time in the Darkness.
Peace will win and fear will lose.

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
06.14.2013 , 04:30 PM | #1017
Quote: Originally Posted by PeterTLJr View Post
Its not different. Paladin cant put points until he picks what he wants to be. Trooper cant put points until he picks what he wants to be.

Pay attention. I'm going to type this reeeeeeaaaaallllllllllll slow so maybe even you can actually comprehend.

If a pally hits the hotkey to bring up his talent trees before he chooses a talent tree, what happens? He gets the talent tree screen with all three talent tree options available for him to choose. Now he does have to choose a single tree at first, true, but he does see all three talent trees and gets to choose any one of them. .

What happens when a TROOPER hits the hotkey to bring up his talent trees? NOTHING. That would be because he has NO talent trees. He has not yet chosen a CLASS.

What happens when a vanguard hits the hotkey to bring up his talent trees? He see all three talent trees. That's because he has chosen his CLASS, vanguard.

What happens when a commando hits the hotkey to bring up his talent trees? He sees all three talent trees. That's because he has actually chosen his CLASS, commando.

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
06.14.2013 , 04:33 PM | #1018
Quote: Originally Posted by PeterTLJr View Post
Whats different between souls and AC's? Souls give new skill trees within the base class, same with AC, but they allow it. This game was designed to be able to do it too, they just didnt want to do it right away, which is why they said it will most likely happen now.
No. The design decision was made before launch to make your CLASS choice PERMANENT and make that choice being made at level 10 when you pick your advanced CLASS.

They have stated that AC changes will "likely happen". I am more and more convinced that they only made that statement to appease the entitled, obtuse and self deluding masses who wish to change class, and refuse to acknowledge what is right in front of them.

PeterTLJr's Avatar


PeterTLJr
06.14.2013 , 04:34 PM | #1019
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Pay attention. I'm going to type this reeeeeeaaaaallllllllllll slow so maybe even you can actually comprehend.

If a pally hits the hotkey to bring up his talent trees before he chooses a talent tree, what happens? He gets the talent tree screen with all three talent tree options available for him to choose. Now he does have to choose a single tree at first, true, but he does see all three talent trees and gets to choose any one of them. .

What happens when a TROOPER hits the hotkey to bring up his talent trees? NOTHING. That would be because he has NO talent trees. He has not yet chosen a CLASS.

What happens when a vanguard hits the hotkey to bring up his talent trees? He see all three talent trees. That's because he has chosen his CLASS, vanguard.

What happens when a commando hits the hotkey to bring up his talent trees? He sees all three talent trees. That's because he has actually chosen his CLASS, commando.
Why would they give abilities to him then if he wasnt a class? If trooper wasnt a class, why do we still keep the trooper abilities after selecting our AC (spec)?
In order to appreciate the Light, you must spend time in the Darkness.
Peace will win and fear will lose.

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
06.14.2013 , 04:34 PM | #1020
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
so the dev post linked over and over does not prove that even the devs say that the advanced class is your CLASS?
And your endless reference to this post somehow prevents the game from being changed?