Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nightmare mode for 55 FP's?

Twickers
05.27.2013 , 12:56 PM | #11
If this was more of something like WoW's challenge modes, sure why not? Make stuff ball bustingly hard and unforgiving, but really I want to see at least one new flashpoint than something just re-done with stuff having more HP and hitting a little bit harder.

I get that they have to cut corners here and there but it really feels to me like they aren't trying to give us some fresh new content at times.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

chuixupu
05.27.2013 , 01:05 PM | #12
Challenge modes would be cool...but honestly at this point I just want new flashpoints and I hate to think of them spending more time working on the existing ones. :P

I came to a sad realization today when I read Ghostcrawler's comments on Twitter about how Cataclysm dungeons were too hard for most people, even the non heroic ones. And I'm like....wow, I must really be more of a minority than I thought....
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Malchan
05.27.2013 , 01:25 PM | #13
NMM sounds great but if you where to put it into GF, then GF would need to be modified to reflect the additions. As in have two NMM tiers in GF that would require you to have certain gear so you can even queue up for that mode. And if you don't have a notification pop up that says "You do not have the required gear for this Flashpoint difficulty." It would keep those people with 45 gear at 55 from joining the NMM and hurting the group.

SW_display_name
05.27.2013 , 01:27 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by jasonthelamb View Post
Nightmare mode Black Talon....
This already exists. It happens when you get someone who is level 50 and still refuses to use Spacebar.

chuixupu
05.27.2013 , 01:31 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
This already exists. It happens when you get someone who is level 50 and still refuses to use Spacebar.
Heh, I never really minded not spacebarring through BT all that much because the instance itself is really short. Now Directive 7 is another matter.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

SW_display_name
05.27.2013 , 01:48 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
I came to a sad realization today when I read Ghostcrawler's comments on Twitter about how Cataclysm dungeons were too hard for most people, even the non heroic ones. And I'm like....wow, I must really be more of a minority than I thought....
This is going a bit off-topic, but it's an interesting issue, since Cataclysm dungeons were painfully easy if you had even basic grasp of game mechanics.

I believe this stark division occurs because the "average" person is completely capable of being a great player, but isn't motivated to extensively educate themself about a computer game. And MMO developers are still in the archaic RPG design of "giant complex product that has to be figured out with lots of reading, math, trial-and-error, and Google". That clash leads to a lot of players performing way below potential (and not really caring, because it's just a game).

So, people willing to put in the time to figure an MMO out and play it well end up being in the minority. The quiet, background majority just bumbles along being impressed by the "good" players and not thinking very hard about what actually separates them. I guess it has a lot of parallels to how things work IRL.

If you imagine a game with zero gear barriers (everyone has equalized stats), maximum 6-8 skills per class, and aggressive, extensive in-game tutorial systems that just flat-out tell you how to play your class and role from top to bottom you would see significantly more people attempting "hard", or at least "not solo", content, because they wouldn't be confused and intimidated.

But you have to lead people by the nose; if they can skip learning in favor of getting to swing their sword faster, more often than not, they will Esc past the tutorial and go bumble around.

Whether forcibly-educated "good" players would keep attempting content for more than a week before getting bored and quitting is another story that's difficult to predict. And of course, the diehard grognards would spew blood from their eyes because you're making playing computer games easier for lazy people.

dark-jehts
05.27.2013 , 02:14 PM | #17
as said before :

- bring back pre nerf LI
- scale it to 55
- call it nightmare
- ???
-Profit
LS Bounty hunter and always willing to help a brother !

K'oyacyi vod ! Pirunir sur'haaise !
The Mando'ad legacy , TOFN

Dantharghan
05.28.2013 , 12:27 AM | #18
Add NIM FPs to the groupfinder and let only premade groups of 4 queue for it.
Removes the need for item level check if you can inspect and choose your groupmates beforehand.

SW_display_name
05.28.2013 , 04:26 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Dantharghan View Post
Add NIM FPs to the groupfinder and let only premade groups of 4 queue for it.
Removes the need for item level check if you can inspect and choose your groupmates beforehand.
That's a good compromise.

Snapsix
05.28.2013 , 05:53 AM | #20
I thought HM55 FPs through group finder already was 'nightmare mode' lol...and I'm not talking about the difficulty but the 'nightmare' that is:

1) undergeared players even being able to queue for them
2) stupid people who don't learn or even want to learn the FPs
3) dps players queing as tanks and healers and wasting my time...

But yeah, harder difficulty modes with ultimate comms would be kinda cute, but leave it like the HM ops - a non GF affair...